Oldham 2-1 Newcastle United - FT

Ashley17

Did anybody who posts on here actually go? Apparently we had nearly a thousand supporters. Maybe the consensus on board here, has become completely cut off and irrelevant to the feelings of the masses who support us home and away. This would explain why we all hate Pardew and what the club has become and yet 50,000 plus are going to turn out for the Man City game and support us as if nothings wrong. If so we are royally fucked, worse that any of us can probably imagine.

Bearing in mind we sold Tavernier, Debuchy is going, Janmaat not signed yet and Ryan Taylor/Mbabu injured, who else was supposed to play there?

Guaranteed had it been Mapou or Steven Taylor you'd be kicking up an equal fuss.

From a common sense sympathiser.

First pre season friendly after only a weeks pre season.

It's just a loosener to get the players fit.

At this stage winning is nice and a bit of a bonus but it's really just about shaking off the rustiness and getting fit for the season.

I love that people think yesterday's friendly wasn't an indication of what is likely to become of Anita. This is Pardew we are talking about  :lol:

I seem to recall Steve Harper playing as a centre forward in a pre season friendly a few years back but don't recall him playing as an outfield player in a proper game.

At this stage it's all about fitness.

I love that people think yesterday's friendly wasn't an indication of what is likely to become of Anita. This is Pardew we are talking about  :lol:

I also love how people think it's not indicative of how we're going to play once the season comes round because not all our players are back, even though it's the same tactics he's been using for 3 fucking years. Score a goal and hide behind it, oh we're drawing, better hold on to that, oh we're losing, damage limitation!

Did anybody who posts on here actually go? Apparently we had nearly a thousand supporters. Maybe the consensus on board here, has become completely cut off and irrelevant to the feelings of the masses who support us home and away. This would explain why we all hate Pardew and what the club has become and yet 50,000 plus are going to turn out for the Man City game and support us as if nothings wrong. If so we are royally f***ed, worse that any of us can probably imagine.

I was there yesterday. Thought the first hour or so was pretty decent especially being the first game. But like often happens in friendlies it degenerated after both teams made multiple substitutions (Oldhams was like an ice hockey line change with 6 subs lined up to come on at once :lol:) Bit worrying that de Jong, the only first teamer not to have been coached by Pardew, stood out to the extent he did, but the team that starts vs man city will be very different to last nights.

Is everything going to go perfect and we'll give city a hiding? No. Is Pardew an incompetent baboon? Undoubtedly yes. But I can't bring myself to get all negative or upset about a friendly- I've got the next 9 months for that!!!

Did anybody who posts on here actually go? Apparently we had nearly a thousand supporters. Maybe the consensus on board here, has become completely cut off and irrelevant to the feelings of the masses who support us home and away. This would explain why we all hate Pardew and what the club has become and yet 50,000 plus are going to turn out for the Man City game and support us as if nothings wrong. If so we are royally f***ed, worse that any of us can probably imagine.

I was there yesterday. Thought the first hour or so was pretty decent especially being the first game. But like often happens in friendlies it degenerated after both teams made multiple substitutions (Oldhams was like an ice hockey line change with 6 subs lined up to come on at once :lol:) Bit worrying that de Jong, the only first teamer not to have been coached by Pardew, stood out to the extent he did, but the team that starts vs man city will be very different to last nights.

Is everything going to go perfect and we'll give city a hiding? No. Is Pardew an incompetent baboon? Undoubtedly yes. But I can't bring myself to get all negative or upset about a friendly- I've got the next 9 months for that!!!

Did De Jong stand out other than the goal? Any other notable performances?

Did De Jong stand out other than the goal? Any other notable performances?

I thought he did, just with his general awareness, running into the right areas, finding space in the box etc. The worry is once Pardew and Carver get hold of him they'll knock it out of him and just have him running back to his own goal/ have him stood trying to beat 6'+ centrebacks to Willo's punts.

Gouff had a good 45 and looked threatening before being subbed, and Abeid looks to have grown in confidence from his loan. Colback was tidy which is all we can realistically expect from him.

Dummett was shite like, and Alnwick will never make it as a prem keeper.

After all the subs everyone was shite.

"Holiday: Cabella, (Debuchy), Elliot, Krul, Sissoko, Tiote "

Sorry, why was Elliot on holiday? :lol:

was on international duty with ireland until a few days before the world cup

:lol: how long has he been on holiday then? 5 weeks?

"Holiday: Cabella, (Debuchy), Elliot, Krul, Sissoko, Tiote "

Sorry, why was Elliot on holiday? :lol:

Was given extra time off for being Pardews chief apologist. He needs it to surgically remove the layers of brown and silver whispery hairs embedded on his tongue.