Our Summer Transfer Business

Minhosa

honestly man, what the f*** is pardew going to do with all of these attacking options? :lol:

we've signed 5 out and out attacking players for a manager who loves nothing more than his team to defend

Almost as if someone wants to expose Pardew to the world :lol:

If we get Remy aswell as this new loan striker i'll be fairly impressed, tho when things seem to be heading in the right direction...Something comes along left field that crushes it all.

Bench them.

right :lol:

i'm starting to hope this might be the end of him unless he gets lucky and they just click together...if he has to forge a system to win games by attacking it's all over, and we've not strengthened the defence at all and it was terrible to begin with :lol:

honestly man, what the f*** is pardew going to do with all of these attacking options? :lol:

we've signed 5 out and out attacking players for a manager who loves nothing more than his team to defend

Almost as if someone wants to expose Pardew to the world :lol:

exactly, it's so weird...in his ideal world we'd most likely have shipped out mbiwa and signed a replacement capable of being first choice, probably replace santon with a more solid left back and try to sign a hard-working ball playing CM to do the cabaye job...then obviously re-sign ba in order to score the goals on his own

look what he got :lol:

Even if we did get Remy, there is still the glaring CB hole which seemingly isn't getting filled.

Plus you could argue there's a problem in midfield an/or wing. They have done well for their standards but there's still significant holes in the squad IMO.

Gosling, LDJ and Marveaux?

I forgot about Gosling. I haven't included De Jong because he was here for a short amount of time and the expense was budgeted but unspent last summer. Jonas is also back so we're paying his full wages again. I'm assuming we're subsiding a significant chunk of Marveaux's wages too, I don't think Guingamp can afford £40k/week.

Anyone else I'm missing? I don't mind analysing our finances in full when the window closes to see how much room we have in terms of transfers and wages for January and next summer. An early guess would be £15m for January and £100k/week in wages. If our spending hasn't changed in a year ie. no new contracts to current players, we could genuinely afford close to £40m next summer and another £20-25m the year after.

Even if we did get Remy, there is still the glaring CB hole which seemingly isn't getting filled.

Plus you could argue there's a problem in midfield an/or wing. They have done well for their standards but there's still significant holes in the squad IMO.

As long as Mbiwa stays we're "alright" for centre back personnel. It could be better obviously, but we have two partnerships that might work: Colo+Taylor and Willo+Mbiwa. Not ideal, but just about good enough for midtable, which is what the fat cunt is aiming for.

There is no glaring hole we have 4 first team centre backs. 2 of them might not be good enough but no way Ashley will spend money on a 5th centre half unless one is sold

I forgot about Gosling. I haven't included De Jong because he was here for a short amount of time and the expense was budgeted but unspent last summer. Jonas is also back so we're paying his full wages again. I'm assuming we're subsiding a significant chunk of Marveaux's wages too, I don't think Guingamp can afford £40k/week.

Anyone else I'm missing? I don't mind analysing our finances in full when the window closes to see how much room we have in terms of transfers and wages for January and next summer. An early guess would be £15m for January and £100k/week in wages. If our spending hasn't changed in a year ie. no new contracts to current players, we could genuinely afford close to £40m next summer and another £20-25m the year after.

Shola must have been on 20-30k-ish?

In the previous post, I took into account Shola's wages.

In the previous post, I took into account Shola's wages.

Ah ok :thup:

What I mean by glaring hole is 2 of them are not good enough and another is seemingly past his best. With MYM still with something to prove it seems.

It's an issue and really need addressing. I of course understand that it's highly unlikely we'll bother though.

Hard to quibble about the players we've brought in, they seem pretty good. Got to give credit where it's due and we needed a raft of attacking players and they've come in - fair play they've ticked quite a few boxes in the last 6 weeks or so. :thup:

But I can, and will, quibble and moan about our complete lack of ambition when it comes to spending more of the cash available. We generally spend cash really we'll but we only ever spend whatever we bring in through transfers. 32.2m extra TV cash this season remains untouched. Not expecting Ashley to fund a spree from his own pocket but to refuse to sanction the spending of cash that's there, sitting doing nothing deserves nothing but criticism. We're financially stable, let's push on as much as possible.

Hard to quibble about the players we've brought in, they seem pretty good. Got to give credit where it's due and we needed a raft of attacking players and they've come in - fair play they've ticked quite a few boxes in the last 6 weeks or so. :thup:

But I can, and will, quibble and moan about our complete lack of ambition when it comes to spending more of the cash available. We generally spend cash really we'll but we only ever spend whatever we bring in through transfers. 32.2m extra TV cash this season remains untouched. Not expecting Ashley to fund a spree from his own pocket but to refuse to sanction the spending of cash that's there, sitting doing nothing deserves nothing but criticism. We're financially stable, let's push on as much as possible.

And risk qualifying for the Europa League!? :idiot2:

While I'm hopeful that Chucky will hit the ground running, there's no guarantees he will. Since I don't believe for one minute we'll be bringing in Remy as well, our forward options look good enough to get us to mid-table if we're lucky. Especially considering our central defence still has glaring weaknesses in it.

:thup:

While I'm hopeful that Chucky will hit the ground running, there's no guarantees he will. Since I don't believe for one minute we'll be bringing in Remy as well, our forward options look good enough to get us to mid-table if we're lucky. Especially considering our central defence still has glaring weaknesses in it.

Hope there is some hope of remy coming in.

If not, my choice would be.

Krul

Jaanmart    Mbiwa  Colo      Santon

Tiote

Sissoko        De Jong          Cabella

Riv          Facundo

Was hoping for a centre half tbh.

Hope there is some hope of remy coming in.

If not, my choice would be.

Krul

Jaanmart    Mbiwa  Colo      Santon

Tiote

Sissoko        De Jong          Cabella

Riv          Facundo

Was hoping for a centre half tbh.

We'd concede a considerable amount of goals and not get the best out of neither Cabella or De Jong with that formation.

----------------krul-------------------

janmaat----willo----mbiwa----haidara

--------sissoko------anita------------

--------------de jong-----------------

cabella----------------------riviere----

-------------chucky-------------------

something like this for me as it gives you the option to switch players where you need to, i.e. cabella could take the de jong role, riviere the chucky role, tiote the anita role, ayoze the cabella role and so on....