Schalke 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 03/08/14

Dave

The midfield 2 do nowt for me. Colback is awful, Sissoko can't dictate or dominate. Tiote and Anita start for me with Aaron's, Dejong and Cabella. Riviere up front, however you just know Sissoko n Gouffran are starting

The midfield 2 do nowt for me. Colback is awful, Sissoko can't dictate or dominate. Tiote and Anita start for me with Aaron's, Dejong and Cabella. Riviere up front, however you just know Sissoko n Gouffran are starting

Sissoko can only play in a midfield 3 for me.  As part of a two his druve with the ball isnt enough to disguise his inability to pass and dictate tempo.

Williamson in the side and suddenly we don't look like a wreck at the back. He's so much better than Taylor.

Gouffran is utterly anonymous, Sissoko isn't fit and has been shite, and Colback has been suitably unimpressive.

Aarons and Riviere have been impressive, even outside of the goal.

Guest firetotheworks

That's probably the best cross and best header I've seen from NUFC in about three or four years.

:lol: tragically true.  :lol:

Best header since Martins at OT in 2008.

I thought of that one but, probably since Carroll away at Wolves in early 2010/2011 for me.

:thup:

He impregnated someone with it. I've also been making that same s*** joke about it ever since.

:lol: was it you who said "you could get a lass pregnant with that f***ing header" or words to that effect?

It was. I was a nobody until that happened. Still am.

I like Aarons a ton. Plays direct and has good pace on him. Lovely cross for the goal. That lineup posted above with Sissoko in the middle would do for me. Even though it's still a far cry off where I want to be.

Guest ElCid

No no no need a creative player in the middle of the pitch who can dictate play like up with the forwards and chip in with some goals

Williamson in the side and suddenly we don't look like a wreck at the back. He's so much better than Taylor.

Gouffran is utterly anonymous, Sissoko isn't fit and has been s****, and Colback has been suitably unimpressive.

Aarons and Riviere have been impressive, even outside of the goal.

Willo just keeps it simple and calm. Pity he is also bang average, although much better for Colo than Spazzy Taylor

No no no need a creative player in the middle of the pitch who can dictate play like up with the forwards and chip in with some goals

Nobody at the club doing that, if we got Grenier fine but Sissoko is shit in centre 2

Ref proper hates Aarons. He will get a right bollocking from the King too at half time for not keeping track of their RB, free roam on the overlap.

Nice easy half and improved performance. Riviere will be good with service. We still lack creativity from the centre. If they shut down Aarons we are done.

Guest neesy111

Steve Clarke would have managed/coached Lee at us presumably

Recalled him back into the squad after Gullit didn't give Lee a shirt number.