NUFC Songbook

olliemort

How about everyone singing you'll never walk alone in the 70's, teams all around the country singing "we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen" and teams using the I'm forever blowing bubbles tune for songs, like our version of it?

Like previosuly mentioned, get over it, either that or suggest somethign good and catchy that people can put a song to..

I was thinking about "You'll Never Walk Alone" the other day whilst listening to yet another discussion over whether Celtic or Liverpool sang it first.

All clubs used to sing it in the 70s (even though it was recognised as Liverpool's signature song) and hold up their scarves.  I wonder why and when all the other clubs stopped doing that?

Made a start but need help finishing .. . . any ideas

The Tune - Pack all your troubles in your own kit bag and smile smile smile

We are Newcastle and were proud to come from

Tyne Tyne-Side

We are Newcastle and were proud to be on our roller-coaster ride

wooah thats a new one on me,  i must've missed that,  what song have we got to the tune of i'm forever blowing bubbles?

I'm forever blowing bubbles,

pretty bubbles in the air,

they fly so high,

they nearly reach the sky,

then just like Sunderland they fade and die,

Tottenhams always running,

Chelsea, Arsenal too,

The Leazes end is running,

They're coming after you!

UNITED!!! UNITED!!! UNITED!!!

well i can honestly say i've never heard that when i've been at the match and to be honest i'm quite glad cos its pretty embarrassing.  BBTN have come up with some good songs and are helping improve the atmosphere but that song is crap.

Yeah, but in the 70's and 80's it wouldn't be quite as embarassing as hooliganism was far larger back then. It wasn't a song we made up....

In relation to YNWA, from what I've heard, Liverpool started singing it before Celtic. The story I've heard is that after the Hillsborough disaster Celtic held a charity game (or something like that) and before the game started, Liverpool fans were all singing "You'll never walk alone..", and then Celtic fans joined in and its stuck with them since....

Guest toonlass

In relation to YNWA, from what I've heard, Liverpool started singing it before Celtic. The story I've heard is that after the Hillsborough disaster Celtic held a charity game (or something like that) and before the game started, Liverpool fans were all singing "You'll never walk alone..", and then Celtic fans joined in and its stuck with them since....

From wiki

In England, the song's most successful performance was recorded in 1963 by the Liverpudlian Merseybeat group Gerry and the Pacemakers (peaking at number one in the singles chart for four consecutive weeks). It quickly became the anthem of Liverpool Football Club and is invariably sung by its supporters moments before the start of each home game.[2][3] The words "You'll Never Walk Alone" also feature in the club crest and on the Shankly Gate entrance to the stadium.

According to former player Tommy Smith, Gerry Marsden presented Liverpool manager Bill Shankly with a recording of his upcoming cover single during a pre-season coach trip in the summer of 1963. "Shanks was in awe of what he [had] heard. [...] Football writers from the local newspapers were travelling with our party and, thirsty for a story of any kind between games, filed copy back to their editors to the effect that we had adopted Gerry Marsden's forthcoming single as the club song."[4]

Marsden himself told BBC Radio how, in the nineteen-sixties, the deejay at Anfield would play the top-ten commercial records in ascending order, with the number one single transmitted last, shortly before kickoff. Supporters standing on the Spion Kop terrace would sing along, but once "You'll Never Walk Alone" dropped out of the top-ten, says Marsden, they continued to sing it.[5][6] The song was later adopted by the Scottish teams Hibernian and Celtic[3] and Dutch teams Feyenoord and FC Twente.[7]

and also

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2003/mar/12/theknowledge.sport

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

think we should nick and adapt the tartan army's coming down the road song,  its short and catchy, can repeat for ages and build it up round the ground but have geordie boys not toon army boys cos i hate toon army!

We'll be coming

We'll be coming

we'll be coming down the road

when you hear the noise

from the geordie boys

i'd put a youtube clip on if i knew how to!!lol

think we should nick and adapt the tartan army's coming down the road song,  its short and catchy, can repeat for ages and build it up round the ground but have geordie boys not toon army boys cos i hate toon army!

We'll be coming

We'll be coming

when you hear the noise

from the geordie boys

Just copy the URL and then paste it.

We'll be coming

We'll be coming

when you hear the noise

of Alan Shearer's boys

FYP. O0

Now we have Shearer back....

Hello and welcome to the Toon Army

We're a little bit mental and a bit barmy

Planes and trains and football games, we travel round the world

In cities, squares and fountains with our Newcastle flags unfurled

I love sex and drugs and sausage rolls

But nothing compares to an Alan Shearer goal

I love sex and drugs and sausage rolls

But nothing compares to an Alan Shearer goal

I love that "we'll be coming down the road" song. Would sound class at an away game.

i think its one of them them songs that would be good home or away, type you could get going round the ground and gettting louder and louder.

Think would be class at an away game with everyone bouncing as they sing it.

I love that "we'll be coming down the road" song. Would sound class at an away game.

i think its one of them them songs that would be good home or away, type you could get going round the ground and gettting louder and louder.

Think would be class at an away game with everyone bouncing as they sing it.

Are we really resorting to pinching Scotland songs? (and even Liverpool use it now)

Guest toonlass

We'll be coming

We'll be coming

when you hear the noise

of Alan Shearer's boys

FYP. O0

Excellent! Fully for this one like.