Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Given a direct choice between the 2 of them I'd pick Venables atm. I don't rate him any more, I don't think he's particularly good but he's better than Pardew. Pardew is fucking done here, these are the death throes before he's given the bullet, he's not turning this around in any way, shape or form.

Venable's biggest attribute will be the fact he's NOT Pardew. This in itself will lift the players a bit and get a few wins which would otherwise have been guaranteed losses under Wanksplat. 

Weren't there some rumours that Ashley had offered him the job in the past, before JFK was first appointed?  I'm sure there was talk that he had said he was interested in the job but not on a temporary basis as was being suggested at the time.

Weren't there some rumours that Ashley had offered him the job in the past, before JFK was first appointed?  I'm sure there was talk that he had said he was interested in the job but not on a temporary basis as was being suggested at the time.

He turned us down and Llambias said we wouldn't go anywhere near him after that but he's no longer here.

The closest Venables came to managing at St. James’ Park was when he was joint manager of local rivals Middlesbrough with Bryan Robson in 2000/01.

Seems like anyone could be a journalist at the Chronicle. :lol:

Don't see enough joint managers these days. Imagine an El Tel and JFK dream team  :kurt:

The closest Venables came to managing at St. James’ Park was when he was joint manager of local rivals Middlesbrough with Bryan Robson in 2000/01.

Seems like anyone could be a journalist at the Chronicle. :lol:

So he came as close to managing Newcastle United as I have. :lol:

Leon Ryan at Whitley Bay is on the precipice.

I always hated Venables when he was a manager. Thought he was massively over-rated. Sure, won something with Barca but doesn't everyone and got England to the Euro semi finals but so did almost every manager of a home nation before him, yet the press fell over themselves for him like a bunch of fawning sycophants.

However 10 years down the line and he looks like the next messiah next to our current shitstain. My, how times have changed and expectations have lowered. :(

No almost about it, every home manager got to at least the SF iirc.

Venables, hahaha

An out of touch dinosaur who will have NUFC playing defensive football.  For the short term survival maybe a good idea to retain league status but other than that.  Utter cack.

A true Ashley appointment.

I always hated Venables when he was a manager. Thought he was massively over-rated. Sure, won something with Barca but doesn't everyone and got England to the Euro semi finals but so did almost every manager of a home nation before him, yet the press fell over themselves for him like a bunch of fawning sycophants.

However 10 years down the line and he looks like the next messiah next to our current shitstain. My, how times have changed and expectations have lowered. :(

To be honest we were quite cack before he took over us, and had us play some good football for a few seasons and won the league for the first time in 10 years. His success was a bit short-lived - but we were also quite unstable these days.

That said, I would go nowhere near him in 2014, particularly since he hasn't managed in... 10 years? Sir Bobby managed until his 70s, but he didn't leave the game and was able to keep learning and adapting.