Crystal Palace manager

Mick

This is the guy who appointed Kinnear, would not sack him until he almost dropped dead, said the job was waiting for him if he wanted to come back after relegation, and then brought him back to the club as dof years later.

Ashley is a disgusting combination of pig headed and fiercely loyal to his mates.

Pardew will never be sacked for results. The only thing that can get him out is some sort of personal falling out with Ashley.

Wise, Kinnear and Llambias were all mates with Ashley but ultimately they got the boot. Pardew is incapable of keeping us clear of relegation trouble so he WILL be sacked before Christmas. Probably this month at some point.

Think he's gone but there isn't a replacement in place hence the delay.

Hoping it's more a sacking during the break. That's generally when s*** goes down under Ashley.

Really hope it's a combination of both of these, and he's been adviced to look for someone in the meantime, and then bring them in during that break.

If he's still here after the international break, he's here for the long haul, and we are really f***ed.

Yeah, if that's the case then might as well just forget about this club until MA leaves, essentially.

This is the guy who appointed Kinnear, would not sack him until he almost dropped dead, said the job was waiting for him if he wanted to come back after relegation, and then brought him back to the club as dof years later.

Ashley is a disgusting combination of pig headed and fiercely loyal to his mates.

Pardew will never be sacked for results. The only thing that can get him out is some sort of personal falling out with Ashley.

Wise, Kinnear and Llambias were all mates with Ashley but ultimately they got the boot. Pardew is incapable of keeping us clear of relegation trouble so he WILL be sacked before Christmas. Probably this month at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kinnear just decided to pack it in because of his health and Llambias left because he disagreed with Ashley on how to run the club.

Don't really remember the circumstances behind Wise's departure.

In hindsight, maybe a boring 0-0 would have been better last night, if we wanted Ashley to take action?

http://www.nufc.com/html/2007-08html/2008-01-06stoke-a.html

Or whatever Hughton got sacked for.  What was that again?  Getting beat by West Brom while 11th in the league?

He got sacked for disagreeing with Ashley. The results had less to do with it.

Wrong it was all Llambas work. He said Houghton is too nice a yes man. Pardew can stand up to him. Llambas said he use to watch Pardew Westham and he admired his work there. Ashley only stick to him because thats what he does on his business managers. 

In hindsight, maybe a boring 0-0 would have been better last night, if we wanted Ashley to take action?

Or whatever Hughton got sacked for.  What was that again?  Getting beat by West Brom while 11th in the league?

Wrong it was all Llambas work. He said Houghton is too nice a yes man. Pardew can stand up to him. Llambas said he use to watch Pardew Westham and he admired his work there. Ashley only stick to him because thats what he does on his business managers. 

The point is, the sacking had nothing to do with the results on the pitch.

Results on the pitch lead to results in the bank account. Ultimately the threat of relegation will force Ashley's hand regardless of how much he wants to support Pardew.

Results on the pitch lead to results in the bank account. Ultimately the threat of relegation will force Ashley's hand regardless of how much he wants to support Pardew.

I don't buy the idea that Ashley is terrified of relegation.  Newcastle is a drop in the bucket relative to his total personal worth.  While the free advertising for Sports Direct is a nice bonus, all around the club probably makes him very little money relative to the trouble it causes him.

On the other hand, I can see Ashley being extremely wary of the effect it would have on his image as a businessman if he showed that he could be influenced by any form of popular protest.  He'd rather see this club relegated to the conference and/or dissolved than appear weak.

I would also guess that he hates the fans and would like nothing more than the longtime ST holders/hardcore supporters to give up and fill the crowd with daytrippers who barely even know the manager's name.  Part of his calculation has to be that he'll drive the sackpardew.com crowd and other vocal folks away from matches if he keeps Pardew around long enough.

All of this is just conjecture, of course.

A manager that could come in and not be afraid to play the likes of Armstrong, Sammy, Aaron's would be great and also be capable of developing a balanced style allowing us to attack and pressure opposition while remaining organised off the ball would be excellent.

The season we finished 5th we pressured teams in their half and were so organised, we now look a total shambles that struggle to regain and retain possession while driving forward at teams. We rarely have more overrun the opposition and find ourselves with 4 on 2 of there's but seems to always happen to us.

A basic 4-4-2 for a while with Sammy/Aaron's and Cabella on right would do with Riviere and Cisse, I mean what did he have to lose putting Cisse on with him last night, Obertan and Sammy could still have came on and could have sacrificed Colback

I don't buy the idea that Ashley is terrified of relegation.  Newcastle is a drop in the bucket relative to his total personal worth.  While the free advertising for Sports Direct is a nice bonus, all around the club probably makes him very little money relative to the trouble it causes him.

Last time NUFC looked certain for the drop, he opened his wallet in January and brought a shitload of players to lift the team. So yeah, based on evidence I'd say he is worried about it.

Last time NUFC looked certain for the drop, he opened his wallet in January and brought a shitload of players to lift the team. So yeah, based on evidence I'd say he is worried about it.

No chance he wants us relegated but worry he is gambling far to much with this prick and does not see we won't get out of this before long.

Just look at our run up to Jan and very few opportunities for wins from what I can see. We will be cut adrift with Burnley before long

I'm starting to think he might not be worried about the financial impact of relegation either. It's that or he really believes Pardew can keep us up.

I don't know any businessmen who like losing money or being associated with failure. I know it's tempting to believe he's enjoying all this but I'm sure he'd rather have Sports Direct plastered all over a premiership ground than a championship one.

Get more players in the box. Coach passing triangles. Coach movement in the final 3rd. If you pass forward, there should be at least 1 option of passing it back to someone and there should be at least 2 options to pass it forward, hell, even better if one of those guys is running forward, opening up a channel for a player to pass it to them or take up that space. It's simple shit. It's stuff that makes Gary Monk's of the world look decent right now. It's the stuff that makes our total LACK OF IT, appalling, and amateur.  Then there's intangible thing called confidence and belief, one that would have probably gotten the best out of HBA, Marv, MYM, and Cisse. Tell them to get out there and do their best and do what they've been born to do - go play great football.

I think Ashley will just back Pardew until he assesses it to be too late, no one else will be allowed to effect this, so he won't let the crowd pressure him.  It's just that his assessment of too late is different to ours and he also knows nothing about football.  Saying it's early in the season would be fine if we were actually playing well, but the results hadn't turned.  The play last night was amateur.  It lacked efford, enthusiasm, bravery and creativity.  We have a team full of cowards at the moment because the manager is a coward. 

I've just seen some reporter on Sky Sports News saying "Ashley will be patient."  That's the most worrying comment.  That doesn't sound like one game and gone, or a few games and gone.  It sounds like for now he still believes in Pardew.  That is deeply worrying.  I'd love someone to tell me if a manager has ever turned round this level of ineptitude, hatred and abuse in living memory.  Managers have turned around bad starts, but nothing this bad that  I can remember.  It's delusional and really just down right thick to think Pardew is good enough to get this round. 

So so worrying.  I think we're just down, and like the last time we went down, everyone in the media will only start breaking down what a complete cluster fuck this has all been once we're sitting mid table in the championship and Pardew is still giving it his slimer act of how he needs more this and that.  The spine of this team won't come back up like the last one, all the French players will be off for starters and then we'll be doing a Fulham most likely.  It's painful to see how some complete morons win the lottery of life and are too stupid to take advantage in a positive way, instead ruining everything they touch and ruining it for everyone else as well.

I'm starting to think he might not be worried about the financial impact of relegation either. It's that or he really believes Pardew can keep us up.

I don't know any businessmen who like losing money or being associated with failure. I know it's tempting to believe he's enjoying all this but I'm sure he'd rather have Sports Direct plastered all over a premiership ground than a championship one.

I know you're probably right, I'm just desperately trying to think of reasons why Pardew is still manager.

I'm 90% sure they're just waiting until the international break.

Fingers crossed on this as the final chance to really get rid of him for a while.  We need something like a crushing 6-0 defeat to really hammer home what a bunch of crap Pardew is serving up and it isn't going to be turned around.  Otherwise the club will ride it out and hope the break quells the fire in protesters.  The amount of times he's been saved by an ill timed break in the season is horrible.

Im starting to get pretty bitter about this whole farce now.

Its October & ive been unable to feel like I can provide any emotional backing to the team since the start of the season (Probably from since last derby day tbh).

Im fucking sick of it man, I can accept being shit (in the short term), but this slow bleed to death thing just tears the soul & I feel like ive been robbed of a football season.