Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Steve Howey is an absolute f***ing numpty. Saying the fans have got to back the team AND the manager. The radio makes me angry. Big Geordie, hurry up and get on there.

He's been talking shite for a few weeks now. Just comes across as part of the old boys network, not prepared to tell it like it is. Fucking boring to listen to.

Steve Howey is an absolute f***ing numpty. Saying the fans have got to back the team AND the manager. The radio makes me angry. Big Geordie, hurry up and get on there.

He's been talking shite for a few weeks now. Just comes across as part of the old boys network, not prepared to tell it like it is. Fucking boring to listen to.

He feels sorry for Pardew now. It beggars belief.

Anyone read Craig Bellamy's autobiography about Sir Bobby Robson and his training methods?

Can't remember the exact words but he said something about always concentrating on our own strengths and not thinking about the oppositions players, and it didn;t matter if we left the defence a bit exposed because we always believed we could score more than the opposition. Seems simple stuff but is an absolute age away from this dinosaur's mentality

So no matter what happens in Wales this weekend he's safe, Leicester home up next, nice a perfectly winable game for him to salvage his job. I hope those fans at the Hull game who refused to back the sackpardew campaign are happy, this is what you got another 2 or 3 months of this and we are down, no manager in the world could save us.

Why do I get the feeling that some of those wankers who are still backing Pardew or shouted down the SP.com protesters are going to turn around and actually BLAME the protests when we eventually are in real trouble, for creating a negative atmosphere, etc.? "Didn't back the team... made it hard for the manager," etc. etc.

So no matter what happens in Wales this weekend he's safe, Leicester home up next, nice a perfectly winable game for him to salvage his job. I hope those fans at the Hull game who refused to back the sackpardew campaign are happy, this is what you got another 2 or 3 months of this and we are down, no manager in the world could save us.

Can't remember any manager having any organised campaign of even this magnitude against him. The fans haven't given him more games, the fat, cancerous owner has.

Can't remember any manager having any organised campaign of even this magnitude against him. The fans haven't given him more games, the fat, cancerous owner has.

Allardyce got dogs abuse

Allardyce got dogs abuse from day 1 from me like, didn't want, hated him while he was here and was overjoyed when he got the bullet.

They haven't no, but they have had a big hand in extending the misery. We had the perfect chance to drill the message home because of the spot light coverage from the media.  Instead we got a stadium full of people, with the majority cheering a 2-2 draw with a few scattered pockets. Was ashamed tbh.

Allardyce got dogs abuse

Aye, remember the 'YER DON'T KNOW WHAT YER DOIN' treatment but even with that mess it didn't reach these sort of levels. Time may have eroded my memory like.

Aye, was having a shout at the radio on the way home.

Howey puts the majority of the blame on the players. None of them seem to want to say that it Pardew who sets the team up, tells them how to play, and the one who sets the questionable tactics and make the odd substitutions.

Loads of sympathy for Pardew working under and 'putting up with' Ashley, yet not realising that if he had it so bad, he could retain a scrap of respect and dignity by walking away, yet remains complicit in everything that goes on, because he just wants his payout.

Almost felt like phoning in, but not sure I could stop myself losing my rag or swearing!!  :-X :rant:

Leicester will attack the f*** out of his. Ulloa's height = He'll beat Colo in the air. And Vardy will run circles around our CBs.

Anybody who thinks Pardew will save his job playing these hasn't seen them play.  They'll destroy us on current form, but then again most local pub teams would make us struggle at present.

"need a player who can beat a man or create a chance" is just an absolutely horrendous comment.

He had Ben Arfa,had Marv,and shipped them out.

He got Cabella and is failing to get anything out of him.

Sammy doesn't get a look in.

His only solution in bringing on fucking Obertan.

Also it speaks volumes about Pardew as a manager,he's wanting a player to save his arse (see Ba,Cabaye,Remy) because he can't figure out how to get te team to do it via his tactics.

You can't stress it enough - you guys are essentially bottom after six games when only one of those games was against the "big seven". It's only going to get worse if Pardew stays, and I'm absolutely astonished he's still there, Ashley notwithstanding. He's clearly trolling.

Look at the next few months. Chances are he'll now be there through October. Leicester are the sort of team that his approach might work against, plus he blagged a result at our place last year. That would take you to November. If you don't get two or three wins then (new manager or no) then December looks like a disaster area, and you'll be adrift by January. On the bright side, that would mean some more panic-buying, and if Pardew makes it to December there's no way he sees 2015 as Newcastle Utd manager. On the flip side, there's an ominous-looking set of games from Crystal Palace away on Feb 10th (tough crowd, evening kick-off) until Anfield on 11th April. Beat us at SJP and you might get some momentum. Lose that, and the easy run-in suddenly looks like five relegation six-pointers.

The worst thing is the total disconnect between people paid to talk about or write about football, and people who pay to watch it.

I've heard plenty of the former talking about Pardew and being full of sympathy for him, and hardly anyone taking the point of views of the paying punter.

As a supporter, that is the sort of utter frustration that others in the game (pundits, managers, players) can't possibly feel. I used to hear people frequently say what a good job McLeish was doing for us, for example, and it used to make me so fucking angry, I'd just stop watching or listening to stuff about football.

They'll never, ever understand.

The worst thing is the total disconnect between people paid to talk about or write about football, and people who pay to watch it.

I've heard plenty of the former talking about Pardew and being full of sympathy for him, and hardly anyone taking the point of views of the paying punter.

As a supporter, that is the sort of utter frustration that others in the game (pundits, managers, players) can't possibly feel. I used to hear people frequently say what a good job McLeish was doing for us, for example, and it used to make me so f***ing angry, I'd just stop watching or listening to stuff about football.

There's part of me that has some sympathy with pundits, because they can't be expected to have their finger on the pulse of every set of supporters. However, you could just spend an hour a day Mon-Fri on the various supporters' message boards and get the gist. That should be part of their job. The other side is the need (as a journalist) to be careful about alienating contacts in the game. However, there's a journalistic balance to be struck, and the "boys" continually fail to do so.

This is all absolutely depressing me, like. What's the point in football? What did we do to deserve this? At least some tunnels have a light at the end of them.

Yes. Feel same.

Leicester will attack the f*** out of his. Ulloa's height = He'll beat Colo in the air. And Vardy will run circles around our CBs.

Anybody who thinks Pardew will save his job playing these hasn't seen them play.  They'll destroy us on current form, but then again most local pub teams would make us struggle at present.

Yep. They've got a former assistant manager of ours who's got them playing some decent stuff, if this was at Leicester they'd murder us man, that crowd would instantly cripple our bottlers.

You can't stress it enough - you guys are essentially bottom after six games when only one of those games was against the "big seven". It's only going to get worse if Pardew stays, and I'm absolutely astonished he's still there, Ashley notwithstanding. He's clearly trolling.

Look at the next few months. Chances are he'll now be there through October. Leicester are the sort of team that his approach might work against, plus he blagged a result at our place last year. That would take you to November. If you don't get two or three wins then (new manager or no) then December looks like a disaster area, and you'll be adrift by January. On the bright side, that would mean some more panic-buying, and if Pardew makes it to December there's no way he sees 2015 as Newcastle Utd manager. On the flip side, there's an ominous-looking set of games from Crystal Palace away on Feb 10th (tough crowd, evening kick-off) until Anfield on 11th April. Beat us at SJP and you might get some momentum. Lose that, and the easy run-in suddenly looks like five relegation six-pointers.

If we don't get rid of Pardew soon, we're toast. We'll be in a relegation battle for the rest of the season. I'm certain of it.

Ashley is a gambler and he only cares about money, so his cheapest option is to keep pardew and hope he can scrape enough results together to keep us up, or for him to walk with no payout.

Pardew only leaves jobs when he is paid off or he has a better job to go to, I think our only hope at the minute is for Mcoist to get the bullet at Rangers and Pardew to transfer his 6 year £8000 a week contract north of the border. 

As a supporter, that is the sort of utter frustration that others in the game (pundits, managers, players) can't possibly feel. I used to hear people frequently say what a good job McLeish was doing for us, for example, and it used to make me so f***ing angry, I'd just stop watching or listening to stuff about football.

I wish pundits would actually take the fans points on board and just think about them.  They're paid to talk about and analyse football, yet it feels like they often don't know even the basic stats going into a game they're covering.  It's amazing how they suddenly know a bit now that sackpardew.com has put it all in one place for them.  So before that they were just too lazy to do their jobs basically.

They totally ignore the fans, when the fans are very rarely wrong.  How many managers ever recover to good form after heavy fan unrest.  I can't remember many.  Usually each sacking just takes far too long and just leaves the club in a far worse position than if the major fan unrest had got a result.  Pundits and the media backing useless managers with terrible records are very much a part of a lot of clubs doing worse than they should.  I really think we can learn a lot from the continent.  They get accused of not giving managers time.  I think of it as not accepting incompetence.  You can either do the job, or go find another one.  These people are millionaires, they don't need sympathy jobs and time given to them when they know exactly what to sign up for.  That's how the normal job market works, either get it right or get sacked, so why should the world of football management be any different?