Crystal Palace manager

Mick

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=150035&page=84

I know it's all been confirmed but I have a theory as to why it took so long to be confirmed , I think Steve parish being the attention whore that he is he's held back because he wanted it to be the big story of the day for example he wouldn't dare announce it while our tony is getting the spot light at WBA and he wouldn't let stevie g take pards spotlight either so he held back .....good move

OK if you say so, there is some rank grade A comments on there board this morning. Feels like a match made in heaven for pards and cpfc

Just watched his palace interview. Sounds like he has no real emotional attachment to Palace at all. I think the pressure

From the fans got to him too much and this was his escape route.

Agreed. Didn't crack a smile once, which is kind of unusual for your first interview as the new manager of a club.

When asked about playing style: "To suddenly change to expansive football isn't gonna work".

Oh yeah, and he took us forward as a club, apparently.

I seriously believe he is the best manager we could get. Not expecting miracles but it would be nice if we can have a go at it this season rather than sitting back every game.

The reported compensation was higher than had previously been speculated, perhaps this is what was holding up his announcement?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Guest firetotheworks

I seriously believe he is the best manager we could get. Not expecting miracles but it would be nice if we can have a go at it this season rather than sitting back every game.

The reported compensation was higher than had previously been speculated, perhaps this is what was holding up his announcement?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Man, they've been informed as well. All of them, every single one has just been "nah, you're a deluded Geordie"

Pardew and Ashley apologists still doing the rounds on FB. Owner has done a proper job. :(

It will take a while for the new man to remove the Pardew stink. Maybe if we get someone who can remind/show them what football is they'll snap out of it.

Easy escape route for the egotist.

- I'll likely get the sack staying here and look daft

- be less hassle to go there

- people will think I'm great there on sentiment and not on merit.

- I'll make it look like I'm being principled by defying mike now without fear of retribution.

Coward.

So he's a coward for going? Crikey I hate the cunt but I think that's taking the piss now. We wanted him out, he wasn't good enough to be here, it's the right move for all concerned. Calling him a coward suggests he should have stayed until the bitter end.

The man banged on about doing the job with dignity, but turned out to be the least dignified manager of the club I can remember.

That's part of the cloud that's lifted for me today. Apart from the obvious good coaching skills, one of the things I'm looking forward to in the new man is someone who can represent us again with a bit of dignity, honesty and respect.

The man banged on about doing the job with dignity, but turned out to be the least dignified manager of the club I can remember.

That's part of the cloud that's lifted for me today. Apart from the obvious good coaching skills, one of the things I'm looking forward to in the new man is someone who can represent us again with a bit of dignity, honesty and respect.

:thup:

Very true, only way to restore some pride.