Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Rob Lee will want the exposure his TS call will bring in, and he won't burn any bridges with a fellow pro incase they find themselves booked for the same show, or the show refuses to have Lee on for slating the other guest.

Something weird happens when you get footballers on national media, they just lose any ability to think independently.

Like Ive said before the only pundit who has spoken about Pardew and not backed him, was John Hartson on Football Focus towards the end of last season during that awful run...which has continued.

Didn't Carr want to leave when Kinnear was hired and Ashley convinced him to stay?

Not surprising if true. Carr goes and finds him these players we can get relatively cheap who will keep us in the league and then one or two can be sold on a few years later for a tidy profit.

Guest Roger Kint

Or they dont want to banned from the club.

Stats are stats and pardew's record his shocking.  The team looks broken and lost, cant score and cant defend.  How anyone can logically comment on it any other way isn't bein truthful.

Lee was saying that largely due to us not buying 'Premier League players' as opposed to the godawful tactics and coaching

Guest firetotheworks

He's still right to an extent. Lee doesn't rate Pardew like, it's shit that he's backed him though. I'll have to have a listen.

Stats are stats and pardew's record his shocking.  The team looks broken and lost, cant score and cant defend.  How anyone can logically comment on it any other way isn't bein truthful.

Lee was saying that largely due to us not buying 'Premier League players' as opposed to the godawful tactics and coaching

I suppose the only way to prove this wrong is to have another manager have a crack at the team.  Hopefully it wont be another scrap heap challenge manager.

Guest Roger Kint

He's still right to an extent. Lee doesn't rate Pardew like, it's shit that he's backed him though. I'll have to have a listen.

Not backing him, just making excuses to not slate him basically.

Guest Roger Kint

I suppose the only way to prove this wrong is to have another manager have a crack at the team.  Hopefully it wont be another scrap heap challenge manager.

Amazing how teams like Leicester manage to pull off good results with a squad of mainly Championship players mind

Amazing how teams like Leicester manage to pull off good results with a squad of mainly Championship players mind

Magic!

Anyone who thinks Pardew can turn this around now is absolutely demented.  There's just no turning this around.  No football manager I've ever seen has managed to go this long and suffer the sustained abuse Pardew has.  I'm sure there's more aggressive fan bases where the abuse has been worse, but it ultimately won't have gone on very long.  This has gone on for what seems like forever.  I don't back Pardew to get us to Christmas with much more than 10 points on board.  If he has a mini turn around maybe 15, but there's no full turn around coming.  We aren't just not getting results, we're actually utter dog shit.  Our points tally so far is actually generous really.  We could have been more than 2 down against Hull.  I can't think of another game besides the Palace game where we've even had a sniff of a win.  Pardew has got one win in his whole tenure when we've been behind, so we know he doesn't turn anything around.  The guy is a failure and a study in mismanagement.

Does anyone in football actually know what management means?  Buying whole new squads of players, turfing out anyone who you don't fancy and generally upsetting everyone is not management.  Showing ill discipline and setting a terrible example is not management.  Management is about reading a situation and setting out a plan to get the best out of what you have available.  Pardew can not do that.  In no other job would you be expected to be able to turf out all of the staff and only manage the stars you want.  Football management in general is a joke, but Pardew takes mismanagement to a new level.  He's got nothing that suggests manager in his locker.  Bobby Robson was a manager, someone who could look at the needs of his players, put an arm round them and give them the support they needed.  Pardew just throws all and sundry under the bus.  It's such a disgrace that this situation is being allowed to continue.  Anyone who backs Pardew now should be written off as either a moron, a club lacky, or a paid off club link.  Anyone who backs him now definitely shouldn't ever again be allowed Write, speak or have a job in football ever again.  To back this failure is to show either your lack of brains or lack of character.  Anyone running a club should be taking note and making a list of any of those people so they can avoid employing them in future.

I say all of this and it's just all gone too far.  Pardew shouldn't be under this much pressure.  He's still a human being, no matter what anyone thinks of him, or if he lacks the character to walk away.  He should just have been sacked and consigned to the scrap heap long ago.  It's all getting ridiculous now and to see him last night he just looks ill.  Pardew is a moron obviously and won't walk away, but him being an idiot and lacking character doesn't mean others shouldn't act accordingly.  It's gone on too long and Ashley needs to step up and finally make one good decision for this football club.  Sadly we all know he won't and this utter farce will continue.

Magic!

Science!

It's ludicrous how many people underrate the importance of a manager in football. Do they think Atlético had the best squad in La Liga last season?

I think it's a mixed picture, sometimes a great manager can be let down by not having the right resources. Martinez at Wigan for example.

But either way, what you definitely can't have is a manager that makes every player worse and produces a team which is much less than the sum of its parts. That's what Pardew is doing.

It's ludicrous how many people underrate the importance of a manager in football. Do they think Atlético had the best squad in La Liga last season?

I think it's a mixed picture, sometimes a great manager can be let down by not having the right resources. Martinez at Wigan for example.

But either way, what you definitely can't have is a manager that makes every player worse and produces a team which is much less than the sum of its parts. That's what Pardew is doing.

Yes, that's for sure. Your squad is way better than it shows.

Guest firetotheworks

I always tend to find that this opinion comes from gobshites that know nothing about football, people like my mam. :lol:

"Well I think it's the players, they're the ones playing"

"Mam man!"

Are they not just hanging on until the international break? They love the international break.

Pretty much I reckon. Pardew's days are numbered but Ashley will hang on until the last moment to sack him, but sack him he will. He just doesn't like to be second guessed by the media so now he's figuring out when he can do it and still look like he's in complete control.

not sure its that much better, I look at that spine of the side and I see a terrible set of cbs, a central midfield area lacking anything resembling creativity  and up front none of them look up to it. To top it off there is nothing and I mean nothing resembling leadership in the squad

Anyone who thinks Pardew can turn this around now is absolutely demented.  There's just no turning this around.  No football manager I've ever seen has managed to go this long and suffer the sustained abuse Pardew has.  I'm sure there's more aggressive fan bases where the abuse has been worse, but it ultimately won't have gone on very long.  This has gone on for what seems like forever.  I don't back Pardew to get us to Christmas with much more than 10 points on board.  If he has a mini turn around maybe 15, but there's no full turn around coming.  We aren't just not getting results, we're actually utter dog s***.  Our points tally so far is actually generous really.  We could have been more than 2 down against Hull.  I can't think of another game besides the Palace game where we've even had a sniff of a win.  Pardew has got one win in his whole tenure when we've been behind, so we know he doesn't turn anything around.  The guy is a failure and a study in mismanagement.

Does anyone in football actually know what management means?  Buying whole new squads of players, turfing out anyone who you don't fancy and generally upsetting everyone is not management.  Showing ill discipline and setting a terrible example is not management.  Management is about reading a situation and setting out a plan to get the best out of what you have available.  Pardew can not do that.  In no other job would you be expected to be able to turf out all of the staff and only manage the stars you want.  Football management in general is a joke, but Pardew takes mismanagement to a new level.  He's got nothing that suggests manager in his locker.  Bobby Robson was a manager, someone who could look at the needs of his players, put an arm round them and give them the support they needed.  Pardew just throws all and sundry under the bus.  It's such a disgrace that this situation is being allowed to continue.  Anyone who backs Pardew now should be written off as either a moron, a club lacky, or a paid off club link.  Anyone who backs him now definitely shouldn't ever again be allowed Write, speak or have a job in football ever again.  To back this failure is to show either your lack of brains or lack of character.  Anyone running a club should be taking note and making a list of any of those people so they can avoid employing them in future.

I say all of this and it's just all gone too far.  Pardew shouldn't be under this much pressure.  He's still a human being, no matter what anyone thinks of him, or if he lacks the character to walk away.  He should just have been sacked and consigned to the scrap heap long ago.  It's all getting ridiculous now and to see him last night he just looks ill.  Pardew is a moron obviously and won't walk away, but him being an idiot and lacking character doesn't mean others shouldn't act accordingly.  It's gone on too long and Ashley needs to step up and finally make one good decision for this football club.  Sadly we all know he won't and this utter farce will continue.

:thup:

not sure its that much better, I look at that spine of the side and I see a terrible set of cbs, a central midfield area lacking anything resembling creativity  and up front none of them look up to it. To top it off there is nothing and I mean nothing resembling leadership in the squad

If we had Mapou and HBA it's a lot better than it shows, as of now it's still performing about 8 places below its level IMO.

Willo and Colo aren't that appalling if they're confident and set up right either, and the team as a whole is functioning.

If we had Mapou and HBA it's a lot better than it shows, as of now it's still performing about 8 places below its level IMO.

Willo and Colo aren't that appalling if they're confident and set up right either, and the team as a whole is functioning.

Colo's done and Williamson very meh at the best of times.