Crystal Palace manager

Mick

That reporter who ambushed Ashley on his night oot then reporting the convo, was probably the worst thing that could have happened.

Had it been kept quiet, then he may have wielded the axe.

However, Ashley being as stubborn as he is, he wont want to be seen to do what is predicted.

The Allardyce and Hughton sackings both came pretty out of the blue, so he'll probably do it if Pardew manages to scrape a win or two.

At this point I think this scenario is pretty much the only hope.  The other scenario is that Ashley actually thinks he could turn this around.  That one means definite relegation.  This fucking club man, honestly!

Has that "banter" from Mike Ashley being leaked backfired on him, he'd look a complete tit if he was selling it off as banter one day and then doing what he said he would do in jest the next day. Maybe he is keeping him on for the Swansea game to save a bit of face... Which is a joke anyway, can he look any more of a dick than he does now. Surely now would be the optimum time to sack the prick. Have someone in temp charge v Swansea and have a few extra days to find a replacement during the International break :(

I hate this, it almost feels like the season hasn't started as its been so difficult to support the club.

Former Newcastle United defender Steve Howey has said that he would be "disappointed" to see Alan Pardew lose his job as manager.

The Magpies boss has come under fire from the club's supporters following a poor start to the season, which continued with a 1-0 defeat at Stoke City on Monday evening.

Howey believes that the 53-year-old deserves the backing of the fans while he is still in charge.

"I'm one of these that think it is wrong to be asking for people to lose their jobs. At the moment Alan Pardew is the manager and we have to try and back him as best we can," Howey told talkSPORT.

"I can totally understand the fans' frustrations but, at the same time, if there is no news that comes out of Newcastle and Alan Pardew is still the manager, I feel as though, as fans, you should support the team.

"The results for a long time haven't been fantastic and it is a results-based business, but I would be disappointed to see him leave because I think, overall, he has done quite well."

Pardew was appointed Newcastle boss in 2010.

:pokerface:

Steve Howey ... place of birth, Sunderland.

Former Newcastle United defender Steve Howey has said that he would be "disappointed" to see Alan Pardew lose his job as manager.

The Magpies boss has come under fire from the club's supporters following a poor start to the season, which continued with a 1-0 defeat at Stoke City on Monday evening.

Howey believes that the 53-year-old deserves the backing of the fans while he is still in charge.

"I'm one of these that think it is wrong to be asking for people to lose their jobs. At the moment Alan Pardew is the manager and we have to try and back him as best we can," Howey told talkSPORT.

"I can totally understand the fans' frustrations but, at the same time, if there is no news that comes out of Newcastle and Alan Pardew is still the manager, I feel as though, as fans, you should support the team.

"The results for a long time haven't been fantastic and it is a results-based business, but I would be disappointed to see him leave because I think, overall, he has done quite well."

I want to see intelligent pundits, not some thickos. 

Add Steve Howey to the list of people who should never again be allowed to write, speak about or work in Football again.  Ludicrously moronic opinion and he obviously hasn't been watching us play for a long time.

I just don't get it, Ashley's been pretty absent from the club for a number of years now maybe showing his face once or twice a year. However Ashley has already been to 2 or 3 games this season and when you add in what he said on Thursday which pretty obviously wasn't a joke, something is up.

But to then say Pardew won't get sacked if we lose to Swansea just doesn't add up.

Funny that, someone else who knows where awful but wont speak the truth.

Guest firetotheworks

Add Steve Howey to the list of people who should never again be allowed to write, speak about or work in Football again.  Ludicrously moronic opinion and he obviously hasn't been watching us play for a long time.

All nonsense comments like, especially the Sunderland one. He throws down the gauntlet right at the start by saying ""I'm one of these that think it is wrong to be asking for people to lose their jobs." therefore he's not going to ever say anyone should be sacked.

I just don't get it, Ashley's been pretty absent from the club for a number of years now maybe showing his face once or twice a year. However Ashley has already been to 2 or 3 games this season and when you add in what he said on Thursday which pretty obviously wasn't a joke, something is up.

But to then say Pardew won't get sacked if we lose to Swansea just doesn't add up.

Tbf he only said he won't be sacked before the Swansea game or foreseeable future, the good news there is that the club are incredibly short sighted.

Yes, we need an actual list of all these players selling themselves out for no gain at all.

All nonsense comments like, especially the Sunderland one. He throws down the gauntlet right at the start by saying ""I'm one of these that think it is wrong to be asking for people to lose their jobs." therefore he's not going to ever say anyone should be sacked.

Ii just feel like we're trying to be swayed by all these stories that conveniently come out, with ex Newcastle players backing Pardew.  The timing is all a bit too fixed and it just seems daft to back Pardew.  Howey doesn't back Pardew so much, but he would have been better off saying nothing.  Getting behind the team becomes impossible when they offer nothing to support and surely Howey would see that if he'd been watching, especially last night.  As was pointed out, watching Leicester you see the effort.  With our lot it's like they're running at about 50% effort.  It's just impossible to back that really and all the fans try to back the team, despite getting at Pardew at the same time.

Howey another to completely miss the point.

At no point have fans NOT supported the team. The protests are aimed at the manager, not the team.

Guest firetotheworks

Ii just feel like we're trying to be swayed by all these stories that conveniently come out, with ex Newcastle players backing Pardew.  The timing is all a bit too fixed and it just seems daft to back Pardew.  Howey doesn't back Pardew so much, but he would have been better off saying nothing.  Getting behind the team becomes impossible when they offer nothing to support and surely Howey would see that if he'd been watching, especially last night.  As was pointed out, watching Leicester you see the effort.  With our lot it's like they're running at about 50% effort.  It's just impossible to back that really and all the fans try to back the team, despite getting at Pardew at the same time.

Agreed, it's the choice to report it that gets me. The tide has massively turned now though and stuff like that is far and away in the minority.

Heres a thought:

Support your fellow fan. Support the best interest of your City.

Players and Managers come and go. Every single one of them would desert the club for better pay or bigger clubs.

Support the city and your fellow supporters above everyone else.

When some get up off their asses to do something about it, its them you should be supporting above everyone else.

What is a club anyway...

Agreed, it's the choice to report it that gets me. The tide has massively turned now though and stuff like that is far and away in the minority.

That's one thing I'm massively thankful for in all this.  It's frustrating to watch us be terrible, but at least we don't have everyone telling us Pardew is doing a bang up job anymore and telling us we're delusional.