Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Pardew said: “We have not had contact from anybody else or heard from anybody else. He is playing for a club where big clubs have come before and taken players away.

“I understand that, so therefore I guess Moussa is a player they will be looking at. That’s all I can say because he has been terrific for us"

Pardew said: “We have not had contact from anybody else or heard from anybody else. He is playing for a club where big clubs have come before and taken players away.

“I understand that, so therefore I guess Moussa is a player they will be looking at. That’s all I can say because he has been terrific for us"

Because of course we're just little old Newcastle, can't possibly compete with the "big clubs"

Twat.

:(

Because of course we're just little old Newcastle, can't possibly compete with the "big clubs"

t***.

:(

It's his standard sales patter. We're only missing "unfortunately we're in a situation where we're always going to be vulnerable to offers from bigger clubs for our bigger players." As if the club is somehow powerless to say no to these offers, or show the ambition necessary to encourage players to stay.

Id love for a journalist to ask, as a completely straight question with a straight face, if anyone at the club is doing anything to tackle this 'situation'  of 'vulnerability' with a view to avoiding future repeats. Just to see how he squirms out of it without criticising his beloved Mike.

These mini runs that we go on seems to pull the wool over the eyes of fans and press alike. So much so that the consecutive derby defeats, routine 4-0 losses back to back and generally poor play and tactics are successfully brushed under the carpet.

It's like one big PR exercise that infuriatingly seems to be successful.