Andy Cole

Paully

2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Great goal scorer for us, but the same bloke who was worshipped in his time here, was quick to be singing an anti Newcastle/Keegan song at the end of a cup final. Typical Sky bias also having 3 ex Man U players reviewing the game, whilst trying to justify Cole as the Newcastle representative; even though he played nearly three times more games for the manc cunts.

They did the same last season when we kicked their arse 2 nowt at home. They had scholes, Hargreaves and cole

I'm proud to say wor lass has just cancelled sky 

There's this quote from Keegan talking in 96 about signing Tino which implies Cole didn't have the best attitude even before we signed him.

"I've seen what other people say about him. They think he's a good player and warn about his temperament. But if I had signed players on the basis of what I heard about them, David Ginola and Andy Cole wouldn't have come to this club and the fans would have missed some great players."

"You've got to have the courage to look at what you need and get the very best available. That's what I did. What other people think of players has never worried me. You listen to the talk, but you've got to make your own decisions. It's on the field where it really matters."

"The crowd will love him. He's a match-winner, he's a goalscorer and he's an entertainer. He's a real Newcastle player - quick, works hard and has flair. Faustino's the sort of player that Geordies love. The players they talk about are just like him. They should sit back and watch this fellow."

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

A video came up on Instagram of him talking on The Overlap about falling out with Keegan. Looked at the comments and he's replying to people slagging him off. :lol: The video's three weeks old and he's been replying up til 4 days ago.

What sort of replies?

47 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

One was specifically denying a claim that he refused to play in some game (Palace i think?) and the rest were along the lines of 'you don't know me dickhead, shut up'.

Was Wimbledon in the CCLC but at Palace. Was widely reported and well known that he went AWOL. Sort of wonder what his side of the story is after all this time.

Here's the clip. If you open it in the app Cole's comments stand out since he's tagged in the post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6_JMrHsjW0/?hl=en

e.g.

azpr7

two sides to every story. Coley obviously had a chip on his shoulder.

andycole09

4d

@azpr7 as you no as you have spent time in my company… just your expert opinion 🤣 love it 😂

Edited by Superior Acuña

49 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Here's the clip. If you open it in the app Cole's comments stand out since he's tagged in the post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6_JMrHsjW0/?hl=en

e.g.

azpr7

two sides to every story. Coley obviously had a chip on his shoulder.

andycole09

4d

@azpr7 as you no as you have spent time in my company… just your expert opinion 🤣 love it 😂

Thought he might have commented on my reply to someone a few weeks ago about how Keegan's version of the story is very different but it seems I was spared his wrath. :lol: