Your favourite type of player

joeyt

Always liked a hard working / nuisance centre forward such as Bellamy, Suarez and even players like Olic.

Also a player when on the ball looks to take a player on and actually has the dribbling and other qualities to do so.

Third is the type of player that makes it look effortless like Ibra,  Bergkamp, Zidane.

Controversial, but I reckon the Sir Bobby team was better than Keegan's Entertainers, despite not getting as close to the title. I certainly loved watching them more - players like Shearer, Bellamy, Solano, Robert & Dyer were phenomenal. Speed too.

You weren't old enough to appreciate KK's team, man. They were much better to watch and a better side generally.

True. DVDs aren't quite the same thing but I really loved Bobby's team. At their best, they was breathtaking to watch.

Fitting in with this thread, I guess it was because I really love proper #9s, proper wingers and the big man-little man dynamic. Both teams had that.

Controversial, but I reckon the Sir Bobby team was better than Keegan's Entertainers, despite not getting as close to the title. I certainly loved watching them more - players like Shearer, Bellamy, Solano, Robert & Dyer were phenomenal. Speed too.

Nah.

Guest firetotheworks

It would be a blood bath like. It's been talked about on here before. They'd beat it in just about every single department except goalkeeper.

As much as SBRs team was good it also took maulings off the top side at times. 

I also wish that SBR was given the money Souness was handed. 

Anyway, days long gone.  We have Stability and Consistency now.

Peter Beardsley. My favourite player of my favourite type of player.

He was one of them, but for me Marco van Basten the Dutch striker. A lot of younger members might not have seen him but he was majestic.

Peter Beardsley. My favourite player of my favourite type of player.

He was one of them, but for me Marco van Basten the Dutch striker. A lot of younger members might not have seen him but he was majestic.

Probably just a min-blip but the Dutch haven't produced youngsters like they used to. At the WC most of their star players where in their early 30's..

In the 70's to mid 00's there seemed to be a conveyor belt.