Your favourite type of player

joeyt

I'm not as big a fan as the rest of you and I mostly just watch Newcastle, but I love an aggressive player that always tries to create something. I know who I'm describing and I'm not doing it intentionally.

Stoichkov in the mid-90s was just that, imho.

It could be loads of players with that description. From Stoichkov to Cantona to Yaya Toure.

Don't be so hard on him. He's American.

Okay, I'm being too much of a cunt tonight. I'll sign off!

I like strikers in the mould of Berbatov, Bergkamp, Guðjohnsen and especially Ibrahimovic who is probably my all time favourite. Look a bit lazy as someone mentioned but have a sublime first touch and vision but also capable of scoring goals in all colours. Also quite like almost senselessly direct wingers who just run at it taking no prisoners, players like Raheem Sterling and to an extent Ben Arfa.

Players with great first touch and pure natural dribbling ability. The type you know are great the first time you see them recieve the ball. Messi was like that when I saw him play for the first time as a teenager, and at a lower level for us Ben Arfa the same.

Schweinsteiger and Vidal are my favorite players to watch. Love box-to-box central midfielders.

Agree. Also wonderful to see Pogba and Yaya play. Love a physical central midfielder capable of anything.

Box to box midfielder. Yaya on his day, Gerrard back in the day(as much as I hate the c***). Love a good centre midfielder who can do everything.

This but maybe more with a tendency for passing. Dictating from the middle and moving about. More mindful. But also with an immense tackle (easy now) and devastating attacking prowess. Mix Yaya with Pirlo and that's probably it.

Just to add. Essien. In that small period of absolute monstrosity, he was f***ing brilliant to watch. Defending, passing, attacking. He was absolute quality in all areas.

I'm not as big a fan as the rest of you and I mostly just watch Newcastle, but I love an aggressive player that always tries to create something. I know who I'm describing and I'm not doing it intentionally.

It could be loads of players with that description. From Stoichkov to Cantona to Yaya Toure.

:lol: Fucking look at me.

Don't be so hard on him. He's American.

Okay, I'm being too much of a cunt tonight. I'll sign off!

Ouch.

Schweinsteiger and Vidal are my favorite players to watch. Love box-to-box central midfielders.

Agree. Also wonderful to see Pogba and Yaya play. Love a physical central midfielder capable of anything.

Pogba's gonna be boss in a couple years. He's already killing it now.

Trickster, Speedster or enigmatic - someone scintillating basically.

Examples:

Trickster: Ronaldinho, HBA

Speedster: Bellamy, Dyer

Enigma: Robert, Berbatov

Also fucking loved Rivaldo and he sits across those categories a bit.

It's one type. There's just three sub-sets of that type, that I like. :razz:

Ronaldinho in his pomp was more electrifying than The Rock. The excitement and expectation when he got the ball.

Agree with this. Tbh I don't have so much types as just fanboy of certain players. Ronaldinho especially was a marvel to watch.

Also have a great appreciation for players with great agility, feet, balance and poise. Silva, Iniesta & Zidane. And on a similar note those that make other players better - those 3, throw in your Xavi, even a Makelele.

And a back to the walls type defender is nice to watch. Especially when it rarely truly gets desperate and thus ugly - Terry/Cahill.

Love a big powerful player capable of the sweetest touch or finish (nothing sexual).

Yaya Toure,  Didier Drogba. Even a prime Paddy K. Love the lankey brilliance of Cruyff too.

Also have a soft spot for a 1 paced AM/playmaker. Juan Mata, Riquelme, Cazorla to a degree.

I can only imagine Paddy Kenny's touch being heavy and clumsy. Probably sticky, too.