Your favourite type of player

joeyt

Guest firetotheworks

Berbatov is one of my favourite ever players like, despite never really being at the highest level. He somehow looks the part in a way I cannot describe too.

Poor man's Zlatan.

:lol: They're nothing alike.

I was a bit young to remember Ginola, but Laurent Robert was a player that was so good to watch. Every time he received the ball, he would drive forward, whip in pin point crosses or shoot from rediculous positions. The double he scored against spurs were unreal.

Stylish attacking midfielders who look graceful on the ball, ideally left-footed (it just looks better) and with floppy hair.

Rui Costa, David Silva, Laudrup, Riquelme, Cruyff, those kind of players (although they don't all fit the mould entirely).

Also a big fan of old-fashioned alcoholic/heavy-smoking/drug addicted playboy geniuses who pull tricks out of their arse when they really shouldn't be able to in spite of being all old and fat and that (Rivelino, Best, Diego, Garrincha, Ronaldinho), cocaine-powered South American strikers (Batistuta, Falcao, Asprilla) and centre backs who look like they never break into a sweat.

A direct runner who plays on the wings. Someone like Neymar or Ben Arfa who's first thought when they pick up the ball is to run towards goal at full speed and leave the full back for dead. Nothing better for me, gets the crowd hyped up and always looks great if a goal is created from it.

Guest firetotheworks

Totti and Pirlo are up there for me too - the fact they've still got something in the tank and carry on like absolute fucking bosses is brilliant.

Aye, players that have never relied on, or don't just need to rely upon pace are the best footballers imo.

Guest firetotheworks

Lionel Messi.

Look at this dickhead. :lol:

:lol:

I always loved tricky trequartistas/attacking midfielders spraying magical passes and having the odd run at goal, like Laudrup or Rivaldo; he just superseded them all :lol:

Wey of course he did! :lol: I can't even imagine the joy of watching Messi as your player.

Something like this:

http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/swingers_xl_04-film-a.jpg

I cant pick one type of player to put here, but loved watching Ronaldinho all through his career, so id say that type of player now, before him it was Ginola when playing for us and then before that Gascoigne and Ian Wright.

Box to box midfielder. Yaya on his day, Gerrard back in the day(as much as I hate the c***). Love a good centre midfielder who can do everything.

This but maybe more with a tendency for passing. Dictating from the middle and moving about. More mindful. But also with an immense tackle (easy now) and devastating attacking prowess. Mix Yaya with Pirlo and that's probably it.

I'm not as big a fan as the rest of you and I mostly just watch Newcastle, but I love an aggressive player that always tries to create something. I know who I'm describing and I'm not doing it intentionally.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not as big a fan as the rest of you and I mostly just watch Newcastle, but I love an aggressive player that always tries to create something. I know who I'm describing and I'm not doing it intentionally.

Colback. :snod:

Colback. :snod:

He's the Ginger Pirlo for a reason.

Guest firetotheworks

Stoichkov in the mid-90s was just that, imho.

It could be loads of players with that description. From Stoichkov to Cantona to Yaya Toure.