League Cup Quarter Final Draw - Tottenham Hotspur (a) W/C 15th December

Dave

Pardew and Ashley being lauded as heroes because we fluked a cup win sounds ideal :thup:

They wouldn't be though. Ashley would still be a cunt, Pardew would get credit and that's it. The players would be remembered as the heroes and us fans can enjoy winning a god damn cup for the first and probably only time in most of our lives.

Hopefully Spurs pull it out here and do us. I just couldn't stand us getting to the final under this tosser. It wouldn't do ending our barren history of success justice. It would be horrible, in fact.

How utterly ridiculous.

Pardew and Ashley being lauded as heroes because we fluked a cup win sounds ideal :thup:

They wouldn't be though. Ashley would still be a cunt, Pardew would get credit and that's it. The players would be remembered as the heroes and us fans can enjoy winning a god damn cup for the first and probably only time in most of our lives.

All would be forgiven to the majority. Plenty don't hate them enough to stop giving them money as it is.

I can definitely see the anti-Pardew side of things. The thought of seeing him at Wembley getting a winner's medal makes me feel sick. Even worse is the thought of his post-trophy press conference where he would use the word 'I' at least 22 times with sentences like "I'm just glad I could deliver a trophy to that city" and "I'm happy the team stuck by me so I could get us to this point." He'd instantly be an historical figure in the club's history.

All that said, seeing us win something would be incredible and I think that outweighs all of the above.

Ideal scenario is the Spurs match is the only game we win in December. Pardew is gone in early January and the new manager's first contribution is delivering a semifinal win and then a trophy.