League Cup Quarter Final Draw - Tottenham Hotspur (a) W/C 15th December

Dave

Have to say it would feel bittersweet winning a trophy right now. I'd have waited all my life to see a man I absolutely loathe win a trophy for a club I currently feel seriously detached from.

Think winning a trophy would be a major turning point for Pardews popularity.

Might get him the sack. Big mike is not a fan of the Europa league.

Have to say it would feel bittersweet winning a trophy right now. I'd have waited all my life to see a man I absolutely loathe win a trophy for a club I currently feel seriously detached from.

:D

Guest Roger Kint

Imagine we were drawn with Rangers in the Europa League? :lol: (not sure how their cup works whether they need to win it or if runners up get into Europe in Scotland. Would assume its the same as ours mind)

Can't see the fans turning on him if he wins us a cup.

Guest Roger Kint

TV schedule announced at 1pm.

Massively unsurprising that Sky chose Chelsea & Liverpool games. Its not like ours will be the most competitive game of the four unless one of the three PL sides have a stinker.

We're only in the quarters man :lol: why even bother talking about how Pardew winning a trophy would make you feel

:lol: With Spurs away next and Chelsea and Liverpool still left in it.  All teams that usually win cups and also turn us over repeatedly.

He was 10 seconds away from winning it and still couldn't manage it.

That was on Sky t'other day, the state of those West Ham goals.

I absolutely hate how this cunt has made me feel, I have less involved NUFC fans jipping me at work because of recent results - what the fuck has it come to?

We're only in the quarters man :lol: why even bother talking about how Pardew winning a trophy would make you feel

:lol: With Spurs away next and Chelsea and Liverpool still left in it.  All teams that usually win cups and also turn us over repeatedly.

Spurs have struggled against us at their place last 2 seasons and we have beaten Chelsea at home last 2 seasons and drawn against Liverpool at home last season. Although I still think we won't beat 2 of them to get to final (And then probably have to play the 3rd) they haven't had their own way last couple of seasons. Would rather play Liverpool than Chelsea though :)

:sadnod: Saw someone reading an article on a London newspaper yesterday. The title was "A message to Newcastle fans - it's time to apologise to Pardew".

If he somehow manages to win a trophy, blood young players and get us in top 8 I may just may lay off him a little bit. If he continues with Gouffran and Dummet I will save up and hire a hitman to end him.

The way some go on about the 5th place finish, if he wins a cup he'll be here until he retires.

To be fair, I just want to see us win something been to long. The bloke that finally manages it will be a hero, doubt he is going to win it though lets be honest it will have gone to his head and we will go on a massive losing streak.

I'd love to see us win a cup, but just like Wednesday night, I think Pardew will put out teams that will give us the best possible chance of losing. Pardew will be reminded of the supposed correlation between cup runs and relegation and most fans will be satisfied with reaching the last 8.

Pardew dropped his arse over our Saturday kick off being 2 hours earlier than others, imagine him in December with so many difficult games, he'll be ultra negative going into Spurs away.

Guest Roger Kint

:sadnod: Saw someone reading an article on a London newspaper yesterday. The title was "A message to Newcastle fans - it's time to apologise to Pardew".

Was Paddy Barclay. The article is pretty pathetic as you would assume coming from him

Would take Carling Cup and Pardew seeing out his contract a million times. Tbh I would love the man.

Good for you. I'd prefer a manager who knows what he's doing and has his teams play in an entertaining manner with players playing in their strongest position and creative players given licence to create. One cup win will not change that for me. Especially when he's selecting teams in said cup competetions ,which in his eyes give us less chance of progressing.

What im saying is if we were to somehow win the League Cup, it would be in spite of Pardew and not because of him.