Newcastle v Liverpool 1/11/2014 - 12:45 (Live on BT Sports 1)

Guest neesy111

It's good that Obertan is getting in everyone's teams. I've piled on the hate to the guy as much as anyone in past seasons, and there is no doubt in my mind he deserved it.

Good to see him actually playing like a footballer again. Still struggled with brainfarts on occasion last night but overall, his driving runs on the counter relieved pressure and he kept the ball fairly well. Should start over Gouffran.

Krul

Janmaat

Colo

Dummett

Haidara

Obertan

Sissoko

Abeid

Aarons

Cabella

Perez

That would be my chosen 11 assuming Titote, Cisse and Saylor are not fit. If they are a would swap Abeid (though he would be very unlucky) for Tiote, Cisse for Perez, and Saylor for Dummett.

I can see Pardew reverting to type because that's what he knows, Gouffran will be playing if fit, guaranteed and there's no way, even after that performance, Pardew will trust Abeid with a league start. Graft over skill. I hope he proves me wrong but we've seen it for 4 years now.

team will be this  ..

Krul

Janmaat      Saylor        Coloccini      Dummett

Obertan      Sissoko      Colback      Gouffran

Cabella

Perez

Bench: Elliot, Raylor, Riviere, Sammy, Haidara, Anita, Aarons

Krul

Janmaat  Taylor  Coloccini  Haidara

Abeid

Sissoko      Anita

Obertan                            Aarons

Ayoze

It's good that Obertan is getting in everyone's teams. I've piled on the hate to the guy as much as anyone in past seasons, and there is no doubt in my mind he deserved it.

Good to see him actually playing like a footballer again. Still struggled with brainfarts on occasion last night but overall, his driving runs on the counter relieved pressure and he kept the ball fairly well. Should start over Gouffran.

I'd take him over Gouffran for sure, which is sad cuz I used to like the goof quite a bit. But who knows maybe he will come back stronger after the shame of being put out of the team by Obertan

I'd take him over Gouffran for sure, which is sad cuz I used to like the goof quite a bit. But who knows maybe he will come back stronger after the shame of being put out of the team by Obertan

Eh? Gouffran is a striker and nowt else. The shame lies with the imbecile in charge who puts him at left defensive midfield and tasks him with protecting Tiote and Dummett.

We'll get dicked by a couple of goals, majority will clap the team off as we ran around and 'showed passion'. Pardew will say it's been tough playing city midweek and play the 'we lacked the rub of the green / tired' cards.