Arsenal v Newcastle United-Saturday 13th December @ 17:30pm (Sky Sports)

joeyt

Guest Roger Kint

People were saying in the Colo thread after Chelsea that Pards said he pulled his calf.

:thup: Avoided all pardew stuff this week

Think well get beat, Pardew teams always struggle against Arsenal. I'd go with:

Alnwick

Janmaat.      Willo.              Colo.        Dummett

Tiote.  Abeid.  Colback

Cabella.                  Perez.                  Ameobi

Newcastle United FC‏@NUFC·21 mins21 minutes ago

AP: "There will be no Rolando Aarons or Davide Santon. We are pretty much where we were for Chelsea in terms of injuries." #NUFC

Newcastle United FC‏@NUFC·21 mins21 minutes ago

AP: "Rob Elliot will be out for 6 or 7 games. Jak Alnwick will start in goal at Arsenal and we wish him well." #NUFC

If Colo is back for this, we have a fraction of a chance.  If We have Williamson and Dummett at CB with all Arsenal's quick pass and move football, we'll be destroyed.  There's a fairly good chance they'll absolutely ruin us anyway.

I always feel like we have a team and style under Pardew where we can defend a lot of the attacks that a team like Chelsea create.  They'll still create loads and should beat us every time of course really, but it's worse against Arsenal.  Pardew has no answers to a team that passes the ball well and can play in tight spaces.  His stay deep and defend for your life approach just isn't as effective against it.

Think well get beat, Pardew teams always struggle against Arsenal. I'd go with:

Alnwick

Janmaat.      Willo.              Colo.        Dummett

Tiote.  Abeid.  Colback

Cabella.                  Perez.                  Ameobi

Yup that team pretty much picks itself ! Cisse to come on again just as he did V Chelski. God forbid he puts Gouffran or Rivierie in we'll lose or get murdered.

Playing without the outstanding Sissoko will be interesting as he does seem to be our driving force. Glad Abeid is back though and will be interesting to see if he plays Sissokos role, but very disappointed no Aarons still.

I'd like to see that impressive quick young Callum Roberts on the bench and given a cameo run out late on against tired legs too.