The London - the anti Newcastle/North East abuse starts.

Guest thenorthumbrian

It's not just a problem at NUFC or a problem that is just within football. I reckon this boils down to the perceived north/south divide in society. 

It's not perceived. They basically believe Eng ends at the Watford gap.

It's not just a problem at NUFC or a problem that is just within football. I reckon this boils down to the perceived north/south divide in society. 

It's not perceived. They basically believe Eng ends at the Watford gap.

:lol: I agree. I was just towing the PC line.

The single biggest football media bias of all is probably towards Liverpool though.

I'm sure there is some fast track thing from being a notable Liverpool player straight to punditry so that there is always at least one ex-Liverpool player in every studio every where.

Even Neil Mellor made it to Soccer Saturday some how.

The single biggest football media bias of all is probably towards Liverpool though.

Even Neil Mellor made it to Soccer Saturday some how.

Every time I see him I always wonder how the fuck he got the gig :lol: He's thick as a castle wall.

All we have is Alan Shearer & seemingly Jermaine Jenas on the punditry side.

It looks like Bellamy & Taylor might get in on the business. Bellamy hates the club and its fans despite being worshipped here. Just leaves us with Stevie.

Bellamy seemed very fair bout club and fans in his book

All we have is Alan Shearer & seemingly Jermaine Jenas on the punditry side.

It looks like Bellamy & Taylor might get in on the business. Bellamy hates the club and its fans despite being worshipped here. Just leaves us with Stevie.

Bellamy seemed very fair bout club and fans in his book

But not when he was on Sky Sports in the presence of Jamie Carragher.

By the time Pardew was sacked by West Ham their fans hated him. Presumably they hate all cockneys.

They do basically hate everyone, apart from that mad left back they had. :lol:

He manages their women's team now :lol:.

I am a Newcastle Supporting Southerner so I may be biased BUT I personally don't think that the North / South divide is as bad as it was perhaps 20 years ago.  These 3 guys are utter tools and 'Old School' , I am pretty sure that Cundy and Collymore would have jumped at the chance of playing for us should they have been given the option...

One General comment people seem to make when they find out who I support (apart from the "Why the hell do you support a team so far away") is that How Passionate the fans are about the club and how they wish that the fans of whatever team they support where the same (generally Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea Fans)....

Stereotypes are bad m'kay?

There are loads of absolute morons in the North East just as there are loads of absolutely spot on sound lads in London, Liverpool, Glasgow etc. If my travels with NUFC have taught me anything then its this. Its just pot luck who you come across.

At a base level you'll always have a large section of people from an area who will chastise anyone from another area for whatever reason, it's a bit weird like but everywhere is guilty of it.

Talking purely about the media though there's a pretty clear difference in the broad reporting of Newcastle than sone other clubs, Tottenham probably the best example. I never notice Everton getting too rough a ride and they're Scouse, maye be Evertonians on here would say differently though.

Like when we signed Colback. Some of the reactions on here were amazing (to me). I couldn't give a shit where someone is from - just can they do a job for us.

By the time Pardew was sacked by West Ham their fans hated him. Presumably they hate all cockneys.

They do basically hate everyone, apart from that mad left back they had. :lol:

He manages their women's team now :lol:.

:lol: