Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

The coaching staff situation at Lyon is quite interesting. They currently have three 'assistant managers':

• Bruno Génésio: one of Garde's best friends since his early playing days.
  • Gérald Baticle: who joined Lyon as a U19 manager just before Garde became manager and quickly became assistant manager focused on attacking players' coaching. He has also been a Canal+ consultant for English football since 2010, so you would expect him to know the Premier League fairly well.
  • Michel Audrain: who moved to Lyon this summer alongside new manager Hubert Fournier.

You would expect that Garde, should he join, would want to bring Génésio over, and possibly Baticle as well. His goalkeeping coach has been Joël Bats, who has been at the club for a longer time however, so don't know about that. By all accounts, it was those four who were the core coaching team at OL when Garde was their manager.

http://s-www.leprogres.fr/images/5E6C957B-F8AB-44E3-830A-B270FD51F8D6/LPR_19/remi-garde-ici-au-milieu-de-son-staff-ou-l-on-reconnait-gerald-baticle-bruno-genesio-et-joel-bats-au-bout-d-une-saison-marathon-tout-un-club-est-pret-pour-une-ultime-et-incertaine-ligne-droite-photo-stephane-guiochon.jpg

LTR: Gérald Baticle, Remi Garde, Bruno Génésio and Joël Bats

I don't know why, nor can I explain why. But I love this post.

And just reading the descriptions of such, I want them all to join Garde ASAP. Garde in now, the staff at seasons end to help with this project wor Remi wants to build here. They'll do doubt get some big ass pay raises versus their pay they get currently I'm sure.

'Newcastle are not happy that the details of their meeting with Garde was leaked to French media over the weekend, and this may count against the former Lyon boss in the final reckoning.'

Imagine how spiteful and petty that would be.

'Newcastle are not happy that the details of their meeting with Garde was leaked to French media over the weekend, and this may count against the former Lyon boss in the final reckoning.'

How does Carver win in this points scoring battle.

Charnley and Ashley clearly can't fucking count.

actually had head in hands reading that bit

Imagine ever making any decision based on what the press has said about it.  It's not like Garde has been mouthing off to them.  If that influences the decision, we're being run by the biggest morons in the world.  More likely of a scenario is that we've courted Garde, but really it's the "We tried" scenario, while an excuse gets made and Carver is appointed for cheapness purposes.

I'm imagining a world where that's in our choad of an owner's wheelhouse. Not a stretch tbh.

I almost feel like Carver's constant reminder to the press is all part of him trying to get into the thinking of a Championship or lower level PL club job. Say it enough, people will believe it.

:anguish:

The irony with Carver telling the press how he wants the job at every opportunity.

:lol:

Gérald Baticle: who joined Lyon as a U19 manager just before Garde became manager and quickly became assistant manager focused on attacking players' coaching

What is this crazy talk of which you speak?

I could just about bring myself to accept it on the basis that Garde and his team would take over on June 1st. It's definitely not what I'd want though, haven't spoken to anyone who actually wants this fat wanker in charge.

I could just about bring myself to accept it on the basis that Garde and his team would take over on June 1st. It's definitely not what I'd want though, haven't spoken to anyone who actually wants this fat w***** in charge.

No one wanted Pards either mate.

Carver is so bad, I'd struggle to see him fronting a Northern League level club.  To see him as Newcastle manager must be the lowest of the low.  All the pundits going "I hope Carver gets it."  Aye do one you pricks, of course you want an easy six points.  There's no way they accept the assistant nobody getting the Liverpool job though is there.