Newcastle United vs Southampton - Sat 17th Jan @ 5:30pm (live on Sky)

Dave

A broken toe is either playable or not, can't see there being much of a middle ground here? Not like a muscle strain or tendon or anything when you know it may be just a tweak to set it off again.

Straight into the team I say!!

Although he has said he'll be back at St James' Park, he probably just means to watch. Can't see him being back in the team yet like.

John Charver might be getting desperate for a win. So it's all or bust (literally for Abeid) on Saturday.

Although he has said he'll be back at St James' Park, he probably just means to watch. Can't see him being back in the team yet like.

wouldn't he have been watching the other games at sjp? he'll be on the bench at least.

Not neccesarily.

Jonas says he hasn't set foot inside SJP and won't do so until he is actually going to play a game.

-----------------------------Krul---------------------------

Janmaat-----Dummet--------Colo--------Haidara (or Santon)

-------------Abeid---------Colback----------------

Cabella-----------Sissoko-------------Sammy

-----------------------Ayoze---------------------

Let's obliterate them with some "Bobbyesque" football Mr. Charver (going by your quotes!)

Hope he is back in, I think he has potential to make us tick just sitting in front of Colo/Dummet or whoever and ten times more intelligent than Tiote.

Cabella just has to play and him, Ayoze and Sissoko have to be given a license to get at these.

Standard 2-0 defeat

15 years ago today we beat Southampton 5-0. This is part of the NUFC.com match report... How supporting Newcastle should be like!

Five months after the departure of the supposed architect of sexy football, the old stager Bobby saw his World XI give Dave Jones a right royal rogering on live TV, and basked in the post-coital afterglow with all the pride of a new father. For once, headlines of the nature of "Robson enjoys Romp" weren't of the sleaze-related variety, thankfully. 

At the risk of plagiarizing oneself, this game was the epitome of what Newcastle home games should against opposition of this stature i.e. a one-sided stuffing. In our early years of Premiership life, the men Kevin Keegan sent out invariably went straight for the jugular of teams from the lower reaches of the league (and above, although that's another story.) Cast your mind back to turning over Swindon and Coventry, Wimbledon and indeed a Southampton side featuring one Bruce Grobelaar in nets. The common thread in those victories in my own jaundiced opinion was a superior force of will as well as better footballing resources. The confidence engendered in the team by sympathetic management and the players own performances made us a formidable proposition at home, with or without the alleged "goal start" the crowd give us.