Newcastle United 1 - 2 Southampton - 17/01/15 - Post-match reaction from page 32

Dave

We don't look any different from the last two years. No real attacking cohesion besides some spark between our flair players.

I've been led to believe that Cabella hasn't played every single second of the season so far. But that can't be right, surely?

:rolleyes:

Less hopeless booting it forward from the back.

We don't look any different from the last two years. No real attacking cohesion besides some spark between our flair players.

I've been led to believe that Cabella hasn't played every single second of the season so far. But that can't be right, surely?

:rolleyes:

Less hopeless booting it forward from the back.

Really? :lol:

I don't think Southampton are all that great, they are certainly in a false position in the league, they are a tidy team, top half for sure but not a 4th placed team. We should be a couple up really. FFS Carver is gonna get a win here and land the job, that's the way things go for this club.

Commentator keeps going on about their injuries, but really they have a couple of players out, we've got no Dejong, Aarons, Taylor or Tiote, all of whom would likely be pushing for a starting role. Anyway guess it's best to buy into the Southampton were decimated by injuries line, just in case Carver gets his win. A draw will probably be good enough for him to get it till the end of the season though.

It's awful watching these games, hoping we lose.

Fraser Forster's an accident waiting to happen, btw. Koeman and his players deserve massive credit for protecting him so well so far this season.

He's made the same mistake Krul made today two or three times this season but it hasn't cost them much. If he'd been at Liverpool he'd have got the same treatment as Mignolet.

I don't think Southampton are all that great, they are certainly in a false position in the league, they are a tidy team, top half for sure but not a 4th placed team.

This makes no sense.

I don't think Southampton are all that great, they are certainly in a false position in the league, they are a tidy team, top half for sure but not a 4th placed team. We should be a couple up really. FFS Carver is gonna get a win here and land the job, that's the way things go for this club.

Commentator keeps going on about their injuries, but really they have a couple of players out, we've got no Dejong, Aarons, Taylor or Tiote, all of whom would likely be pushing for a starting role. Anyway guess it's best to buy into the Southampton were decimated by injuries line, just in case Carver gets his win. A draw will probably be good enough for him to get it till the end of the season though.

It's awful watching these games, hoping we lose.

It's a blessing we are without both Taylors and Tiote.

Abeid on for Colback at HT and give Anita a bit more license to get forward.

Anita is useless going forward to be honest.

Aye, i'm not talking about playing him off Perez or owt, just push him up another 10 or 15 yards to give Sissoko a bit of help and give us an option to shift the ball around up there.

Abeid on for Colback at HT and give Anita a bit more license to get forward.

Anita is useless going forward to be honest.

Aye, i'm not talking about playing him off Perez or owt, just push him up another 10 or 15 yards to give Sissoko a bit of help and give us an option to shift the ball around up there.

I disagree.

I think Anita's best position is playing just in front of the back four.

Given Abeids goal record in Greece I'd be be playing him further forward than Anita at any rate.

I don't think Southampton are all that great, they are certainly in a false position in the league, they are a tidy team, top half for sure but not a 4th placed team.

This makes no sense.

Makes sense to me but really can't be bothered to get into a tedious argument with you.

Good game. Southampton look dangerous but we're much more positive than we've been. There's nothing to suggest we can't go on and win this.

Yeah, we look like we are at least trying to attack.

It's just a shame the length of time it will take to un-pardew the team.