Summer clear-out

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Cheap, fairly capable and counts as homegrown. I would give him a new contract as we have enough gaps to plough as it stands.

basically this, besides who knows he may find some consistent form. Not much point in getting rid of the likes of Sammy and Dummett atm

People can't complain when we play them and they play like they do then really. Only way to improve even if we buy from the bargain bin is to remove the deadwood who won't make it as top players.

I'm actually hoping all of these out of contract turn us down if offered new so we are forced to replace them all.

optimistic

Crazy I know :) I do believe we will bring a fair few in though and spend a good few quid. Probably not enough so we'll still be short but I expect big changes.

Cheap, fairly capable and counts as homegrown. I would give him a new contract as we have enough gaps to plough as it stands.

basically this, besides who knows he may find some consistent form. Not much point in getting rid of the likes of Sammy and Dummett atm

People can't complain when we play them and they play like they do then really. Only way to improve even if we buy from the bargain bin is to remove the deadwood who won't make it as top players.

there is also a need for a squad beneath the first team, in an ideal world sure the guys behind will be just as or nearly as good as the first team but even competently run clubs find that difficult never mind ashleys newcastle united and I'd sooner give a real go to homegrown guys than the kind of bargain basement crap we'd reach for to replace them (if they even bother)

there is also a need for a squad beneath the first team, in an ideal world sure the guys behind will be just as or nearly as good as the first team but even competently run clubs find that difficult never mind ashleys newcastle united and I'd sooner give a real go to homegrown guys than the kind of bargain basement crap we'd reach for to replace them (if they even bother)

Which is fair enough if you think they'll add that bit more fight but Sammy doesn't. He dawdles round the field. Watching him walk up the field from defence when we were attacking their goal (arsenal) was so infuriating I'd have got shot of him there and then.

Amazed and shocked at the number of people who would give Sammy another contract. Why ?

Three reasons

1.  Aarons are f***ing injury prone

2.  Sammy over Gouffran anyday

3.  If we let Sammy leave, we may have to play a random player from U18.

One thing with this Gouf last few games has been made to look like Pele in comparison to Sammy.

Nah :lol:

Amazed and shocked at the number of people who would give Sammy another contract. Why ?

Three reasons

1.  Aarons are f***ing injury prone

2.  Sammy over Gouffran anyday

3.  If we let Sammy leave, we may have to play a random player from U18.

One thing with this Gouf last few games has been made to look like Pele in comparison to Sammy.

Nah :lol:

Your opinion. You're wrong >:D

Is the real reason for me. We have bigger fish to try and we can keep him on the books relatively cheap.

The clear out we really need must start with coach/head coach level. Get that right, because it's pointless moving players in and out of the club if our current coaching setup and head coach is leading them.

The clear out we really need must start with coach/head coach level. Get that right, because it's pointless moving players in and out of the club if our current coaching setup and head coach is leading them.

Very good point, this is spot on.

How can we have a clear out? Doesn't make any kind of sense unless they're planning about 15 signings.

totally agree our shit players getting moved out and replaced still means double the quantity just to have a below average size squad ,imho there will only be a few shown the door but biggest worry our saleable players i.e Krul, Sissoko and Janmatt staying .potential disaster this summer  :'(

There is a lot of s*** in our squad for sure and we have a small squad. The first team (if everyone is fit - which is very rare) is more than capable of hitting the club's stated aim of top 10 (not that that is good enough of course) but  we really need to bolster that squad and hopefully show some bollocks and turn a top 10 team on paper into one that challenges higher up.

To do both those we need to:

GK: Keep Krul, we should be fine here with Darlow backing him up and Woodman coming through.

RB: Keep Janmaat but need a cover full back to, ideally a youngster that we can develop that can play both sides.

LB: See greater improvement (especially defensively) from Hadaria, or bring in another LB, may need to add another youngster to cover too. I don't mind keeping dummet if his contract is pretty low as an emergency cover kind of guy but not a first team regular.

CB: Two new International quality CBs. Backed up by Laschelles, Saylor and Satka, if we are stuck with Colo too then fine.

MIDFIELD: Decide upon a midfield setup Sissoko, Abeid, Tiote and DeJong are of the required standard but need a formation that works and need to add creativity to that group (Grenier would be a good cheap pick up IMO). Colback as a squad filler is fine for me. We may need to add another development guy though too.

LW: Get Aarons on the pitch or if this is going to be a problem bring in another LW, we'll need one for cover anyway. I'm ok with Sammy covering too.

RW: Decide on Cabella's best position is it RW or LW or just behind the forward(s), again get  the position right, he could be our best player if we use him the right way. We need another player that can play RW. A player that can cover both flanks would be ideal. I'm OK with retaining Obertan as a squad filler/impact sub.

FORWARDS: Perez is a keeper up front, but we need a proven goalscorer and some more cover, I would cash in on Cisse while we can (assuming we've already brought in a proven goalscorer). We then need to add at least one more international standard striker plus a another development player (Ideally that would be Armstrong, but not sure he's yet shown enough to warrant too much faith in him fulfilling that role.

I would be try to sell or letting the contracts expire of:

Elliot, Alnwick, Colo, Williamson, Raylor (although if he was to sign for a really cheap deal then maybe ok to add as a squad filler), Jonas, Ferguson, Marveaux, Anita, Gouffran, Rivierre and Cisse (but like I said assumes we have a proven goalscorer in).

That's 12 players !!!

So we have to replace them, here is what we need:

2 fullbacks

2 Centre backs

2 Central mids

2 Wingers

2 Forwards

The two loan forest lads making up the last 2 slots.

Of those requirements I think we need 6 or 7 first team players, the rest could be development players but need to be ready now to fill in for injuries, not someone that won't be ready to fill in for a few years.

That's gonna cost a lot of money because the sales we make from the players we want to let go will be minimal. 

Guest firetotheworks

I can't believe anyone has the energy to discuss this tbh, I can't think of a more pointless discussion regarding NUFC.

I can't believe anyone has the energy to discuss this tbh, I can't think of a more pointless discussion regarding NUFC.

Who would you rather start at CB? Williamson and Colo, or Colo and Williamson?

Willicini forever...

Guest firetotheworks

Fuck it, just take my eyes.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't wait to buy an exciting player, watch him play well and then be dropped for Obertan, Ameobi, Riviere or Gouffran. I miss Ben Arfa like, loads. Even when we were shit he was the anchor that gave my soul license to soar. His feet wrote poems to the stars and we were all given invitations to dream. We all RSVP'd but then the party was cancelled and we woke up to a never ending nightmare.