The other games today - 2014/15

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

Bayern v Real final then.

Bayern's the only team I can see outdoing Barca, I would have much preferred it as the final, but meh.

Bayern v Real final then.

Bayern's the only team I can see outdoing Barca, I would have much preferred it as the final, but meh.

Although if Barcelona ends up winning this they might potentially have played City, PSG, Bayern and Real to win the title which would be one of the hardest routes ever to a final I'd guess.

Got what I wanted :megusta:

Aye, great draw.

Also possibly brings el undecimo just an inch closer. I wouldn't be surprised if Juve beat Real but Real have to be favourites in that tie.

That Bayern/Barca should be brilliant. I think Xavi might be crucial. If Barca can sneak ahead, Xavi could kill the tie even if it's off the bench.

I fancy Alonso to pick up a red in that tie. Possibly missing another final.

Guest firetotheworks

The mighty Manchester City

Regardless of how crap they are, both Man City and potentially PSG have the greatest amount of financial resources and Barca have beaten both.

Aye, great draw.

Also possibly brings el undecimo just an inch closer. I wouldn't be surprised if Juve beat Real but Real have to be favourites in that tie.

That Bayern/Barca should be brilliant. I think Xavi might be crucial. If Barca can sneak ahead, Xavi could kill the tie even if it's off the bench.

Just like he did against Sevilla? No, Xavis best days are gone, on odd occasions he can do it off the bench like against PSG, but you can't depend on him to kill ties off. It's all about Messi, Neymar or Suarez having a great day against Bayern on the counter because I just can't see Bayern not controlling the midfield no matter who plays.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, great draw.

Just like he did against Sevilla? No, Xavis best days are gone, on odd occasions he can do it off the bench like against PSG, but you can't depend on him to kill ties off. It's all about Messi, Neymar or Suarez having a great day against Bayern on the counter because I just can't see Bayern not controlling the midfield no matter who plays.

You can't see Bayern not controlling the midfield? Against Busquets, Iniesta and Raketic/Xavi, with Messi dropping in as well? It could go either way imo, which is what makes it so interesting. It's Bayern's forward line vs Barca's defence that seems like the big thing with me. I can see Barca being caught out at the back more than I can Bayern (despite how bad it was against Porto in the 1st Leg)

Aye, great draw.

It's''la undécima''.

It will be hard for us to win the midfield battle against Bayern. A big part of it will be how long Xavi's legs can last for.

Aye, great draw.

You can't see Bayern not controlling the midfield? Against Busquets, Iniesta and Raketic/Xavi, with Messi dropping in as well? It could go either way which is what makes it so interesting. It's Bayern's forward line vs Barca's defence that seems like the big thing with me. I can see Barca being caught out at the back more than I can Bayern (despite how bad it was against Porto in the 1st Leg)

They've had trouble controlling midfield against far lesser technical teams this season, so yeah I can't see them controlling it against Alonso/Schwein/Lahm/Thiago. Barcelona gameplan will have to depend on using the counter just like against Atl Madrid. Messi dropping deep and playing Suarez and Neymar up top. Their midfield is good enough to prevent too many Bayern chances though and good enough to win ball deep in the back to start counters, but I'll be surprised if they dominate possession against them especially considering they're not that kind of team anymore.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, great draw.

You can't see Bayern not controlling the midfield? Against Busquets, Iniesta and Raketic/Xavi, with Messi dropping in as well? It could go either way which is what makes it so interesting. It's Bayern's forward line vs Barca's defence that seems like the big thing with me. I can see Barca being caught out at the back more than I can Bayern (despite how bad it was against Porto in the 1st Leg)

They've had trouble controlling midfield against far lesser technical teams this season, so yeah I can't see them controlling it against Alonso/Schwein/Lahm/Thiago. Barcelona gameplan will have to depend on using the counter just like against Atl Madrid. Messi dropping deep and playing Suarez and Neymar up top. Their midfield is good enough to prevent too many Bayern chances though and good enough to win ball deep in the back to start counters, but I'll be surprised if they dominate possession against them especially considering they're not that kind of team anymore.

Exactly, but the points that you mention re Barca's midfield are why I don't see Bayern necessarily dominating. They might edge it, but I don't think it'll be the reason why they win or lose.

Real v Juve

Barca v Bayern

So the final will be played over the two legs ;)

Such a s*** manager, that Allegri guy.

I still don't think he's anything special. They've had a relatively easy way to the semi's playing teams that on paper are weaker than them and also playing Dortmund which was out of form. Vidal, Pogba, Tevez are absolutely top class and that's not down to Allegri.

Real v Juve

Barca v Bayern

So the final will be played over the two legs ;)

Such a s*** manager, that Allegri guy.

I still don't think he's anything special. They've had a relatively easy way to the semi's playing teams that on paper are weaker than them and also playing Dortmund which was out of form. Vidal, Pogba, Tevez are absolutely top class and that's not down to Allegri.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz......