NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

1 hour ago, Gaztoon said:

Yhe star alone I totally agree.. the rugby ball shaped one wasn't great looking imo

It was basically a beermat and looked sub-par tbh. BUT the blue star was iconic, get it back as the sleeve sponsor or warm up kit sponsor, that would work.

1 hour ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

that was the away keeper top wasn’t it? Different sponsor to the outfield kits there

Yes, there was that greeny one as the home one, but I think they used them pretty interchangeably. 

maxresdefault.jpg

I thought that sponsor looked smart. 80-90s sponsors were iconic. JVC, Sharp, Crown Paints/Carlsberg, Holsten, NEC, Commodore 64/Coors....bring them all back. 

25 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

wonder why we changed the keeper tops in 96 but not the outfield shirts.

other than the 95-96 ones weighing a ton of course

I think from that year onward we always changed the away and both keeper shirts annually, even though the home shirt was kept for every two years up until 2009.

Monkey making I assume. (We did change the away outfield in 96 - from the burgundy hoops to the grey one).

9 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Yes, there was that greeny one as the home one, but I think they used them pretty interchangeably. 

maxresdefault.jpg

An incredible keeper top that, can we not just remake it every year? 

3 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

I think from that year onward we always changed the away and both keeper shirts annually, even though the home shirt was kept for every two years up until 2009.

Monkey making I assume. (We did change the away outfield in 96 - from the burgundy hoops to the grey one).

Wasn’t it blue?

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Aye, denim blue. Clicky material though.

I think that 96/97 away kit was our nicest away one ever. Even better than the 95/96 one. It's a thing of beauty. 

White socks there with the kit doesn't look that bad does it?

Does anyone know did we also play with white socks the season in which this new kit is supppsed to be based on?

53 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

White socks there with the kit doesn't look that bad does it?

Does anyone know did we also play with white socks the season in which this new kit is supppsed to be based on?

not sure what the new one is inspired by, but we’ve had quite a few with white socks - http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Newcastle_United/Newcastle_United.htm

So thought £25 for one of these 1/4 zip tops was reasonable in todays crazy prices.

have to say I wasn’t expecting much, but I’m actually really surprised by how thick and good quality it is. Delivery was slow mind…

I suppose the real test is how it takes after a number of washes.

IMG_9962.jpeg