NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

So - and this isn't fully intended as a piss take - do you think it's plausible someone with red green colourblindness could complain about Liverpool playing in a red kit on green grass?

I've no issue with previous club badges / crests being used on kits, nor on the club going down the path of a new design.

Pretty much every big club in England has changed their badge since we last did - some clubs have done so more than once.  Off the top of my head, Man Utd (though this change was only slight), Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Derby, Leicester, sunderland, Middlesbrough, Aston Villa, Wolves, West Brom, etc etc.

I'm one of those who thinks that simpler badges / crests are more aesthetically pleasing - never been completely sold on our city coat of arms-based current design (though I would be moved if there was a proposal to change Newcastle's historic coat of arms).  I'm not advocating getting rid of it, but I wouldn't be particularly moved if it was changed.  I am a big fan of the simple circular badge designs - I think most of those look great.

Edited by TheBrownBottle

5 hours ago, 80 said:

So - and this isn't fully intended as a piss take - do you think it's plausible someone with red green colourblindness could complain about Liverpool playing in a red kit on green grass?

When Liverpool played Ludogorets about 10 years ago me Fatha reckoned he could only see heads bobbing about the pitch ;D

DHgate specialer turned up. 

Seems absolutely sound, got the player version. 3XL as I like em baggy, fits like a normal XL. 

I'll spill some gravy on it and wear it around Chadstone this weekend. 

20240731_164933.jpg

Edited by Izakaya

5 hours ago, 80 said:

I don’t think anyone could complain about a badge, it’s an image which can be made accessible by things like an alt tag which describes what the image contains. It would be like complaining about a drawing or a photo. 

It’s good practice to be legible in every thing and digital will be a major driver for people changing badges. But I’d say it’s more a matter of having something that stands out and is easy to use in various context. Not accessibility guidelines.  

And in our case it’s using a retro badge, which is probably just because it’s cool. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

On the women's pictures they have the third kit with alternative mint green shorts, although I don't see them for sale.

I love the 3rd kit. Might be in the minority but this years home kits not for me, the white "patch" on the back is too jarring to the front (which is decent).

I'll get the 3rd instead of the home and hope the back is improved next season. It might have been better in black in hindsight. 

We look like leeds from the back.

10 hours ago, 80 said:

They could complain to Skysports or other broadcasters about adjusting contrast ratios to help them differentiate.

24 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

When will they release the away jersey?

If anyone wants one now, I can go raid the 3 Adidas stores near me. [emoji38]

Maybe this has been expalined or discussed previously so forgive me for overlooking it but why are we not using the club font for the name and numbers and using the PL ones instead? I don't see any other opportunities for us to use it apart from maybe the Carabao or FA Cup, that is if we choose to do so or go further in those competition. Other clubs are using their own font in these pre-season games. Why aren't we?

12 hours ago, 80 said:

I am blue / green colour blind, but there was a one of our games I seem to remember was on itv last season and the other team played in stripes. Nothing to do with blue green but I couldnt see a fucking thing or work out who was who. I had to begrudgingly turn it off it as it was messing with my eyes.

Edited by FLUMPO235

6 hours ago, NE27 said:

On the women's pictures they have the third kit with alternative mint green shorts, although I don't see them for sale.

All kits will have secondary short options just not always for sale.

31 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

I am blue / green colour blind, but there was a one of our games I seem to remember was on itv last season and the other team played in stripes. Nothing to do with blue green but I couldnt see a fucking thing or work out who was who. I had to begrudgingly turn it off it as it was messing with my eyes.

Thanks for the response. Again, I'm not trying to take the piss, but I am interested in investigating the tensions. Do you think it would be a good idea for teams/the league to change some pretty deep customs to accommodate these problems? E.g. to avoid various colour selections for kits and ensure pattern differentiation between two competing teams.

25 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Got the official fans top and put the club number 9 on. Looks so much better than the PL 9 and no name. Imo of course.IMG_8329.thumb.jpeg.72f49dd3c1b8d0b4c61fb581f0df9fed.jpeg

Its a bit odd that they aren't using these numbers in the friendlies, other teams always use the club font.

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Really strange to have different fonts IMO, just let teams wear their league font in whatever other competition they're in. 

Money isn’t it, kids might end up wanting a “cup” font kit and a “prem” font kit.

6 hours ago, 80 said:

Thanks for the response. Again, I'm not trying to take the piss, but I am interested in investigating the tensions. Do you think it would be a good idea for teams/the league to change some pretty deep customs to accommodate these problems? E.g. to avoid various colour selections for kits and ensure pattern differentiation between two competing teams.

😂 I’m not sure I’m comfortable being a spokesperson for the colourblind! 

I think it’s a bit unreasonable for a tiny amount of people impacted by that potential scenario to require Liverpool to change the colour of their kits or the grass. 

in the scheme of things I’m more annoyed I can’t fly an aeroplane and they should change the entire cockpit/ screens to suit me. 😂 

There’s been a push in 6Nations rugby for the Wales-Ireland game to have the visiting team play in white as Color-Blind fans cannot tell the difference between the two jerseys. 
Sorry, but no… I hope this never happens.

Got all three kits and I'd say the 3rd kit is my favourite. Looks very good when you have it on. 

For fitting, all of the tops are slim fitting; away and 3rd shirts are the fan version. Slim fitting might be because I'm in Asia. 

Overall I'm not that fussed about the designs like some on here as I'll only wear the shirts when I'm out and about. I'm just happy after a gap of the Ashley years to finally be able to buy our top again. My last shirt was a Northern Rock one so I guess a gap of 14/15 years since I last bought one. 

6 hours ago, Exiled in Texas said:

There’s been a push in 6Nations rugby for the Wales-Ireland game to have the visiting team play in white as Color-Blind fans cannot tell the difference between the two jerseys. 
Sorry, but no… I hope this never happens.

Why not? Away teams wear change colours all the time in rugby. To put it another way, which is going to negatively impact someone's enjoyment of the game more - being unable to tell which team is which or having to tolerate one team not wearing their traditional colours for one fixture?

Edit - in the interest of full disclosure, I am colour blind but not the type that confuses red and green so I've never had an issue. I'm also a big rugby fan (England, not Wales or Ireland)

Edited by Keegans Export