NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Was there a black goalie top that was shown in the Amazon episode? Think I saw one. One of the rarely worn goalie tops and I can't remember who actually wore it.

Was it not the given one?

image.thumb.png.10b1d9bd9739a5d77c9c6d078be2d26a.png

9 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Was there a black goalie top that was shown in the Amazon episode? Think I saw one. One of the rarely worn goalie tops and I can't remember who actually wore it.

Yeah, I noticed a black Adidas top I didn't recognise, and wasn't the black and grey one from 2003ish.

I thought it may have been a keeper top, but seemed to have short sleeves, when back then short sleeved keeper tops were a rarity. 

Also thought maybe it was a training shirt? 

Edited by TK-421

24 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Yeah, I noticed a black Adidas top I didn't recognise, and wasn't the black and grey one from 2003ish.

I thought it may have been a keeper top, but seemed to have short sleeves, when back then short sleeved keeper tops were a rarity. 

Also thought maybe it was a training shirt? 

Pretty sure John Karelse wore that top that was shown.

7 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

One of the best things that has happened since the takeover is seeing the local kids, including my own, decked out in black and white again. It's good for the soul.

down in south wales where every kid seems to be in Liverpool or Man U shirts my 5 year old got his full u6 team shouting ‘Newcastle, Newcastle’. 

Warms the cockles of the heart that kind of thing

Perplexing. The orange piping immediately makes me think 1998/99 but can't find a definitive trace of it. Definitely a training top though aye. 

This beaut is from that season and has the same collar style:

IMG_5162-scaled.jpg

But the same website also has this training shirt from the same time, which is almost identical to that elusive one in the doc, but for a collar variation and the colouring of the piping:

IMG_9282-scaled.jpg

This was the Karelse one, worn at Southampton and Arsenal in 1999/00:

1999-2000-newcastle-united-gk-goalkeeper

5 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2023/09/attack-on-castore-adidas-newcastle-united-already-offer-fans-to-register-for-24-25-kits-news.html?m=1

Apparently, its £40m per year? I must have missed that. Didn't know thr exact numbers.

They said in the documentary that it was worth £200m and it’s over 5 years.

I have to say, I do like the new Adidas logo.

On 02/09/2023 at 01:20, Yorkie said:

Perplexing. The orange piping immediately makes me think 1998/99 but can't find a definitive trace of it. Definitely a training top though aye. 

This beaut is from that season and has the same collar style:

IMG_5162-scaled.jpg

But the same website also has this training shirt from the same time, which is almost identical to that elusive one in the doc, but for a collar variation and the colouring of the piping:

IMG_9282-scaled.jpg

This was the Karelse one, worn at Southampton and Arsenal in 1999/00:

1999-2000-newcastle-united-gk-goalkeeper

Really nice that black top.