NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

20 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Controversial with who, though?  Who really gives a shite?

I'm sure the same whiny bastards who hate our club already i.e. no one whose opinion Adidas nor the club should be making business decisions based on. :lol:

Besides, i can't imagine this whole Elite = Trefoil business is as rigid as everyone implies. Can't be arsed to search up who but I think there's been clubs that aren't full on 'Elite' but near enough get treated as such by Adidas in their own regions. 

If Adidas want to make an exception because they know the money they'd be leaving on the table otherwise, they'll make an exception. Hell, they'll probably just make an extra 'tier' to account for it if they really don't want to throw us in the proper 'Elite' one.

8 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Are we believing this numpty now?

Casey that is, not Geordie Boyo [emoji38]

I honestly share the same view - I just thought if it was possible to top me last shit post and I think I might have did it. 

8 minutes ago, wormy said:

I'm sure the same whiny bastards who hate our club already i.e. no one whose opinion Adidas nor the club should be making business decisions based on. :lol:

Besides, i can't imagine this whole Elite = Trefoil business is as rigid as everyone implies. Can't be arsed to search up who but I think there's been clubs that aren't full on 'Elite' but near enough get treated as such by Adidas in their own regions. 

If Adidas want to make an exception because they know the money they'd be leaving on the table otherwise, they'll make an exception. Hell, they'll probably just make an extra 'tier' to account for it if they really don't want to throw us in the proper 'Elite' one.

Ive googled it a few times and there does seem to be something to this tiers and elite nonsense. But as you say I bet it’s not as rigid as the internet adidas fanboys want it to be.

nufc: hey really looking forward to this mutually beneficial deal. what can you do in a long sleeve?

adidas: can’t do any.

nufc: but we are the most Northern team in the PL and play half our games at home during winter, most of our players are from abroad.

adidas: yeah sorry, you’re not elite.

nufc: ffs, ok let’s look at some potential designs.

adidas: yeah, i mean we can give you a template we already use.

Nufc: ffs, ok home about some retro training gear, just some classic designs 

adidas: nope, elite a++ tier only 

nufc: you could literally just stick some print on badges in something you already make, like one of your templates!

adidas: no chance, we would rather not make the money

nufc: ok, what about some pencil cases

adidas: you can’t have them, but we could do some of our template white pencils.

nufc: ok send over the pen and pencils

adidas: we said pencils, pens are for tier 2 and have to be amortalised over the length of the contract divided by ffp x tier group… you have 1 pencil sharpener design with adidas written on, no logo.

No wonder the shit show that is castore have been able to hoover up so many contracts for shirts and kits

Anyway, most of the adidas fanboys are saying we are elite tier so shouldn’t matter anyway.

Tbf they've produced loads of Leeds leisurewear with the Trefoil logo and they're deffo not elite, so might not be on one of the kits, but I'm sure we'll get loads of training/leisurewear with it 

2 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

Are we believing this numpty now?

Casey that is, not Geordie Boyo [emoji38]

What he says there is just what Footyheadlines said months ago.

9 minutes ago, Harry 209 said:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2023/12/newcastle-24-25-eqt-third-kit.html

Footy Headlines reporting the same thing, no trefolil this year. BASTARDS!!!!

God forbid if we were actually given what everyone wanted.

Footy headlines have been reporting it for a while, it’s where the rumour first started. For what it’s worth, in a previous article they have said that we will get a 4th shirt and our 4th shirt may have the trefoil and retro club badge.

Am I missing something, and I have no particular interest in this subject (well, a passing one, I guess) but how come 'footy headlines' are getting treated as having some sort of legitimacy on anything?

Aren't they one of these 'two teenagers in dad's spare bedroom' operations?

1 minute ago, brummie said:

Am I missing something, and I have no particular interest in this subject (well, a passing one, I guess) but how come 'footy headlines' are getting treated as having some sort of legitimacy on anything?

No. They usually get most things regarding football shirts bang on.

Just using us as an example, they first broke the news about us switching from Puma to Castore, and from Castore to Adidas.

5 minutes ago, brummie said:

They're not, no. Regularly correct.

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Yeah they have certainly cornered the ITK market on kit news

It’s not even manufacturer, team, or even league specific either.

They get things right from kit and sponsorship deals, to colour themes, and designs.

They also aggregate official news as well.

1 hour ago, Novocastrian said:

We’ve never had an Adidas kit with a trefoil on it so who gives a fuck? I’m more interested in replacing my 8 year old bobble hat with something decent.

We've had it on a couple of very limited edition shirts but never a team shirt.

Adidas released a couple of 'Adidas Originals' designs including the trefoil, the t-shirt occasionally can be seen on ebay but there was also a very rare black and white stripes shirt released. 

image.thumb.png.df993455b531463f6b53bc30237cfe39.png

Ill dig out a photo of my home shirt later.

EDIT Found a photo of it i'd posted on here before

image.thumb.png.0a04b31beef1f3ea45f9d5adfa9fa5f7.png

Edited by geordie_b

17 hours ago, geordie_b said:

We've had it on a couple of very limited edition shirts but never a team shirt.

Adidas released a couple of 'Adidas Originals' designs including the trefoil, the t-shirt occasionally can be seen on ebay but there was also a very rare black and white stripes shirt released. 

image.thumb.png.df993455b531463f6b53bc30237cfe39.png

Ill dig out a photo of my home shirt later.

EDIT Found a photo of it i'd posted on here before

image.thumb.png.0a04b31beef1f3ea45f9d5adfa9fa5f7.png

I remember all of these, and I'm sure a track jacket also which I was a fannies whisker from buying but just couldn't make the XL fit me, I tried in vain like.

Wish I'd bought it anyways now.

8 hours ago, NE27 said:

I remember all of these, and I'm sure a track jacket also which I was a fannies whisker from buying but just couldn't make the XL fit me, I tried in vain like.

Wish I'd bought it anyways now.

I've got tis one. It's mint, but doesn't fit anymore.

image.thumb.png.ce871765eb8b37659c9659e934805c3a.png

Edited by Toon No9

1 hour ago, Toon No9 said:

I've got tis one. It's mint, but doesn't fit anymore.

image.thumb.png.ce871765eb8b37659c9659e934805c3a.png

Why didn't I just buy it man [emoji38]

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Name your price

Sorry, not for sale.

I'm ALMOST training everyday so it should soon fit again.

...well, I've said that the last 7 years or so. Guess it doesn't work to ALMOST train but to lazy to actually do it theese days.😄