NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

Just out of curiosity, what is everyone's favourite home shirt that we've had? The supposed leak seems to be getting quite a mixed reaction, as most of our shirts seem to as long as I've been on here. I think for me it'd be our shirt from 2001-2003, though obviously the 1995-1997 shirt is right up there with it, and maybe 1993-1995.

Puma cannit win to be fair :lol: People complain when plain stripes (not enough/too many) then complain when they do something different (too much going on, want plain stripes).  Then you get people loving that Aarons/Pogba Juvenewcastle shirt even though the stripes are way more ridiculous than anything we've had recently - and hating the leak of our new one which has stripes pretty much as basic as you can get.

Bizarre

Just out of curiosity, what is everyone's favourite home shirt that we've had? The supposed leak seems to be getting quite a mixed reaction, as most of our shirts seem to as long as I've been on here. I think for me it'd be our shirt from 2001-2003, though obviously the 1995-1997 shirt is right up there with it, and maybe 1993-1995.

Can't go wrong with the one from 1924 as far as I'm concerned. 1927's was a good one as well.

It doesn't matter what the kit looks like in fairness it's always gonna be remembered and judged by the success/lack of success we had in it, for example the 3 kits you just name there are all associated with, happy times at the club, even though coincidently they were all beautiful kits imo, they could of been wearing bin bags smothered in shite during the seasons you mentioned and we would still remember them fondly because of the sucess... Kits like the 97/99 one which is a proper cult classic imo was always being slated because bar 1 or 2 great moments (tinos hatrick, Shearers goal against Spurs in the cup semi) the majority of the 2 seasons we wore it were filled with underachieving, it's the same with the 03/05 jersey which is right up there with the grandad collar Jersey as one of the best we ever had again isn't held in the same esteem because it's associated with failure to qualify for the champions league, and some horrid performances under souness... I could be just chatting shite here but that's my theory ! Lol

It doesn't matter what the kit looks like in fairness it's always gonna be remembered and judged by the success/lack of success we had in it, for example the 3 kits you just name there are all associated with, happy times at the club, even though coincidently they were all beautiful kits imo, they could of been wearing bin bags smothered in s**** during the seasons you mentioned and we would still remember them fondly because of the sucess... Kits like the 97/99 one which is a proper cult classic imo was always being slated because bar 1 or 2 great moments (tinos hatrick, Shearers goal against Spurs in the cup semi) the majority of the 2 seasons we wore it were filled with underachieving, it's the same with the 03/05 jersey which is right up there with the grandad collar Jersey as one of the best we ever had again isn't held in the same esteem because it's associated with failure to qualify for the champions league, and some horrid performances under souness... I could be just chatting s**** here but that's my theory ! Lol

No, that did cross my mind as well when posting. I always liked the 1997-1999 shirt and felt it was quite unique, even though we weren't all that 'successful' during those years, along with the 2003-2005 shirt.

Another good example is the 2011-12 home kit. When it first came out it was mocked and slated, by myself included, because of how ugly and un-Newcastly it was. In all objectivity you would probably still say it was a weird one.

Love it now. Memories of a fun season and Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa etc scoring classics.

Love all three Brown Ale Kits, but have to pick the 95-97 above 97-99 because the latter was so itchy. I really like adidas' relegation shirt; the more black, the better.