NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

4 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Just realised with adidas come the potential for long sleeved shirts.

Aye, Arsenal do a long sleeved version, but it’s £5 more.

Not sure if it’s online only or not either.

Personally it’s not for me, I think they look a bit naff, especially if they have the 3 stripes continuing all the way down, but I understand loads of people want one.

Edited by Stifler

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

Aye, Arsenal do a long sleeved version, but it’s £5 more.

Not sure if it’s online only or not either.

Personally it’s not for me, I think they look a bit naff, especially if they have the 3 stripes continuing all the way down, but I understand loads of people want one.

I actually think the undershirt looks awful for us. ESP when it’s black. Barnes looked a bit of a goof. 

5 minutes ago, NSG said:

Used to love getting an NUFC bargain at the Adidas shop at Dalton Park. Hope that makes a comeback too :lol:

Aye, there is one up at Gretna as well.

They had an actual Adidas store briefly in Eldon Square.

One of the biggest benefits of Adidas will be their distribution, kids from all over the country will be able to go into their local JD Sports and Adidas shop and get our kit.

Ive never seen our shirt in any sportswear shop around the country under Castore.

21 hours ago, Shak said:

First keeper jersey I ever got.

Went to get 'HISLOP' printed on the back. Fucking place was out of the letter P.

Older brother suggested getting his first name on there instead.

And here we are :lol:

I had Gav 1 on the away version of that top.

anyone with a good memory will recall that the Adidas v had a bit of a tail and looked a bit like a short stalked y.

Not my finest moment shirt wise

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

One of the biggest benefits of Adidas will be their distribution, kids from all over the country will be able to go into their local JD Sports and Adidas shop and get our kit.

Ive never seen our shirt in any sportswear shop around the country under Castore.

I’m not sure what the situation is since Ashley left, but his SD stores used to have plenty of our stock in nationwide, especially in Doncaster.

As you say though, Adidas will have a greater reach, have a decent app to be honest.

I do doubt you will be able to go into JD store to buy a shirt nationwide though, JD only usually have football tops in for local teams, and even then they keep the selection small.

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I had Gav 1 on the away version of that top.

anyone with a good memory will recall that the Adidas v had a bit of a tail and looked a bit like a short stalked y.

Not my finest moment shirt wise

Quite the opposite, I applaud you for your bravery, was a different time back in the 90s

Cautiously optimistic about the return of adidas but a couple of red flags for me:

1) is no one else slightly concerneed about the creative guy from adidas who seems to think that three bold black stripes is an 'iconic' feature of NUFC shirts? Firstly, like most marketing people, he doesnt understand what 'iconic' means, but more importantly none of the shirts he's referencing there are particulary fondly remembered or are associated with any success. If your looking for fan favourites surely you've got to be looking at 83-86 home and away, all three Asics shirts or the 95-96 home and away? I know its all subjective but I do wonder if this is the right guy to be leading  the NUFC design team if he thinks that Bukta shirt or the NTL one is 'iconic'.

2) I am very skeptical that adidas will grant us 'elite' status at this stage. Only Arsenal and Man Utd have that honour in the PL. Leicester, who were fairly recent PL and FA Cup winners, were only ever a tier 2 team. So we will very likely end up with some very standard looking template design shirts, like Sunderland got, and wont have those 'player' issue bespoke designs that most fans feel we would deserve. We are probably at least three or four years off anything changing there.

Edited by Harry 209

I know nothing about it, but is the ‘elite’ status (and therefore non template designs) thing a term related to on field success, or units of shirts sold, or instagram ‘likes’ or what? 

18 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I know nothing about it, but is the ‘elite’ status (and therefore non template designs) thing a term related to on field success, or units of shirts sold, or instagram ‘likes’ or what? 

I dont know how thats calculated either, but the 'elite' teams - Man Utd, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, Juventus and Real Madrid - all have social media followers in the 10s of millions, whereas we have lower single digit millions of followers. So i'd guess its something to do with global reach.

25 minutes ago, Manxst said:

‘What had we recently won at the time of them initially signing the deal with us in 95? They know how much stuff they can sell to us when the fan base is engaged, regardless of our trophy haul or lack of. 

3 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

*world

I’ll know we’ve made it when Juventus aren’t the only black and white stripes in US stores.

15 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

‘What had we recently won at the time of them initially signing the deal with us in 95? They know how much stuff they can sell to us when the fan base is engaged, regardless of our trophy haul or lack of. 

I think we can sell a lot of merch in the region but those other 'elite' teams have enormous global fanbases which we arent even close to, at present.