NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

55 minutes ago, TRon said:

Always been an Adidas man from since I was old enough to wear trainers, even now for me their stuff is the best. They stood the test of time for a reason.

same. my kids have gone nike.

One indication that we would be in elite club status as if they offer us the long sleeve shirts option like Real, Man U, Arsenal. Clubs like Leeds,Leicester, Ajax, Celtic I believe do not have the option for there shirts.

adidas-teams-pyramid+%25281%2529.jpg

here is a website gives a breakdown of different Adidas tier system(a little old now from 2020)

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/10/adidas-pyramid-of-football-kit.html

imo I think will be in the premium tier, which I still will be happy with, really like Adidas so looking forward to next years release. 

Yup I think 'elite' tier is out of the question at the moment. We have elite owners but realistically we are not an elite team.

Its slightly disappointing to me that we wont get the very best adidas has to offer.

Personally I'd be all over a trefoil t-shirt with 'magpies' in place of the adidas font.

I think we’re absolutely getting the big club elite status with them, particularly given the press around and who supposedly from adidas was sat there in those meetings. This is a big time coup for them. I’m assuming it was either them or Nike too. 

7 minutes ago, toonfanman said:

Juventus deal was reportedly around £45m/y so that would put us on a similar level. Seems likely then that we will get elite tier status, but might depend if we qualify for Europe again

Id guess 30-50m deal? 

I'd also love them to come out with a remake of either of these. However, I'd imagine 3rd kit would now be a combo of any colour with green instead of blue

eng_pl_2006-07-NEWCASTLE-UNITED-PARKER-SHIRT-S-250193_1.jpg

SE8rkcKH0tDKimO.jpg

Edited by nufcjb

Hope it's either a progressive, performance based or short term deal so we're not left behind in a few years on a long deal which by that point could be considered poor like that Spurs deal running till 2033.

23 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Hope it's either a progressive, performance based or short term deal so we're not left behind in a few years on a long deal which by that point could be considered poor like that Spurs deal running till 2033.

I’m sure it will include bonus as our deal with Sela seems to according to episode 2 of we are Newcastle.

10 hours ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

‘What had we recently won at the time of them initially signing the deal with us in 95? They know how much stuff they can sell to us when the fan base is engaged, regardless of our trophy haul or lack of. 

True, but the elite clubs sell shirts in the low millions each year.  Until NUFC has a global reach, our sales are likely to be (at most) in the low hundreds of thousands.  Bayern & Real Madrid, for example, sell just over 3m per year each - which is more than the population of the North East.  Man City, by way of another example, sell c.1m per year.

Definitely the most important deal we make so far given that Adidas aren't going to pay money which isn't "fair market value" as there's nothing in it for them to pay over the odds.

This will be used as a barometer for future sponsorship deals so if this is one of the top 4-5 deals in the league, when it comes to our "Saudi related" deals, we can use the Adidas sponsorship to justify future big deals. 

6 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Can't wait for the rage among our fans when adidas reveal our first away kit on their return with a remake of this beauty..[emoji38]

steven-taylor-432358772 (1).webp

It’ll be that in Saudi green 

that banana kit is class. I’ve got the special edition with Championship Winners embroidered under the badge :lol:

the season and memories make the kits. it’s no surprise the granda collars are our most revered. aye they’re class, but they’d be a lot less class if we were stinking during that period.

In terms of adidas - I liked them all apart from the god awful kit we got relegated in (despite owning said kit, facepalm). The popular ones are obvious of course. I will say I’m less a fan of the predominantly black kit (Howe’s first half of his reign, our first Castore), that awful Puma one, the relegation kit….the 01-03 Adidas somehow works for me but probably because I loved anything Newcastle then and of course fond memories supporting us with that kit since we were mint — but I much prefer equal black and white like we have this season, last season, 93-95, 95-97, 99-01 etc. 

If they re-release the 95-97 shirts it will be interesting to see if they have a more modern, fitted look or if they will be authentically mid-90s enormous. Sleeves that go beyond the elbow, billowing cut and all that.

Edited by Harry 209