AshleyOut.com

TK-421

WHO GIVES A f*** ABOUT LOOKING FICKLE? It doesn't matter. If looking fickle means wanting better than a guy who gifts our nearest rivals points, ostracises players and breaks some of the poorest records going then Im happy to be fickle. Not that you know what it means.

I know exactly what it means. You know why I know? Because I have to defend myself against the charge every time I make it known I support NUFC. You can remember the course of events however you like - other people remember it the way it happened. I can tell people till I'm blue in the face that Pardew was never accepted by the fans from day one (and in case you've forgotten, the media, the people these campaigns supposedly exist to inform, had latched onto that from day one).

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference, all they remember is the fact the placards only appeared after Pardew's purple patch turned into a slide. And they're smart enough to put two and two together and see the slide began right after Cabaye was sold, something Pardew clearly didn't want to happen.  You can pretend all you like that the SackPardew campaign didn't have this effect on how the fans are portrayed, and you can pretend all you like that it achieved something and we're better off now from both a footballing and a public perception standpoint, you're only lying to yourself. The campaign achieved either nothing, or very little, depending on your outlook.

The worse thing about being an NUFC fan these days, is that I can still remember the time when your fellow fans were actually embarrassed whenever the latest circus incident occurred. Now, people are positively embracing it, as if being seen as mugs/fools/fickle fans might be a good thing. It's not. It certainly doesn't enhance the experience of being a fan of an under-performing club with zero ambition. And it sure as hell doesn't get rid of Ashley either, it probably just amuses him that little bit more.

What about the 16th place finish with Cabaye playing central midfield the entire season?

Becoming more and more obvious that Ashley deliberately chose to buy Newcastle United for a very specific reason. The sheer number of people who are so loyal they'll continue to keep pumping money into the club no matter how badly they're being treated. These people will literally put up with anything, no matter how many times we're humiliated on the park or off it, shamed in public by all and sundry and they're lining the pockets of the people who are the root cause of it all. They wear this loyalty as a badge of honour - "look at me, look at how much shit I put up with, look at how loyal I am, look at me, I'm paying for the privilege of being the butt of the nation's jokes, I'll be here next week too and the one after, they can do what they like and I'll keep singing...hahah"

The cunts that put up with it are the idiots. The cunts who want to do something about it are to be applauded, they want change, they want better for their club, they want hope and they wan ambition and for the club to punch it's weight and have a go.

So you sit back up there on your pedestal and watch the people who really care try and save your football club. You sit up there on your moral high ground whilst others try and change things for you, for all of us. You can get fucked you conceited thick cunt. 

Guest firetotheworks

This guy is a severe test for my 'stop caring as much about people being thick as fuck' 2015 New Years Resolution.

What you don't seem to grasp is that anger beats apathy because actually that means that the passion is still there Mako. Apathy is what kills a club. Moreso than relegation.

Everything you've posted there relates to media perception and what a circus we look like to other clubs which no one gives a shit about. You've labelled people on the board fickle despite being consistent of their viewpoints and the general anti Ashley position as a Fanbase as a whole. Pardew despite your 'outlook' was in charge over periods in which we broke numerous poor club records. That's fact not opinion. His irrelevance aside, you're now attacking the same people for going after the person YOU believe is truly responsible. What point are you trying to make other than other people think we look silly? Which doesn't matter one bit. You still haven't used fickle correctly btw.

One other possible by-product of the SackPardew campaign - keeping Carver as permanent boss. If Ashley is the sort of c*** to do things to spite the fans (and let's face it, we have plenty of evidence to suggest he is), then what's to say he didn't decide to respond to the people who 'forced' Pardew out, than to appoint his right hand man, the guy who got so p*ssed off at the campaign he offered them out for being disloyal and disruptive to the team? It's pretty hard to think of a worse way things could have gone for  NUFC in getting rid of Pardew, if this is indeed Ashley's modus operandi. Is that still a victory for SackPardew if Carver doesn't manage to pick up a single point between now and the end of the season? Or is this the real aim of AshleyOut.com, given how many seem to think relegation is the only thing that will get rid of the fat man?

If anything Carver's appointment has thoroughly vindicated the SackPardew campaign. The argument was put before by Pardew apologists "what if we get someone even worse?" Now we have seen that tactic can only backfire on Ashley so that's one more layer of deception ripped from his defences.

Anyone who was waiting for a Carver like appointment before fully believing Ashley was a git, was let's say, not exactly the brightest bulb in the first place.

The only way SackPardew would have been vindicated was if the next manager was a success. Otherwise it would have been called AshleyOut from the outset.

Like I said, one more layer of deception ripped from Ashley's defences. It seems like we both agree on this yet you seem to find this a problem.

Not at all. I'm of the opinion Ashley's true nature was revealed long ago, long before Pardew's reign, and is now well known and understood by both the fans and the media. You'll have a hard time finding anyone who still believes he's trying to do anything with NUFC except make money. There's nothing left to expose. Under Ashley, NUFC is a selling club with zero ambition. If AshleyOut is going to play this like they're revealing some kind of deception to the world, well, they're only going to make themselves look ridiculous.

The layers of hypocrisy and fallacies in this post, man. :lol:

1. You're complaining about AshleyOut.com thinking that it's revealing new information as ridiculous...whilst telling us - fans of Newcastle - that we're a selling club with zero ambition. Aye, BRAND NEW INFORMATION, THAT. :lol:

2. With Pardew, people didn't fully know the facts and revealing them changed things. More people wanted Pardew out, it highlighted that we wanted him out, people in the media took notice. Until then he was bulletproof. Oh aye, and guess what? He's gone!

I'm no linguist, but I think the sole intention of AshleyOut.com is to get Ashley out, not to preach to the converted. Sackpardew.com didn't just give information, there were campaigns and protests. I would surmise that the same thing will happen again considering it's the same people.

I didn't tell you anything, I asked you who it was who didn't know this? And Pardew is gone, but it quite clearly had nothing to do with being 'weakened' by the campaign. He was 'bulletproof' because Ashley didn't want him to go, and the campaign changed that how exactly? It didn't. Anyone claiming it did is a fantasist. And do you even have any evidence that more people turned on him because of the campaign? That's not my recollection. I don't know of a single fan who changed their mind because of it - they either wanted him gone before, or remained with him on the pretty sound basis of 'fool me once...'. The most likely and obvious explanation for any increase in the protests was simply because we were losing and playing poorly, as it would have done regardless of the 'campaigns' (which I only remember as handing out those A4 printouts). And I certainly don't recall seeing anything on the campaign website being taken up by the media - I'd love to see any evidence it was. The only effect of the campaign before he decided to leave that I can recall is the ridiculous Carver incident, and the groundswell of support for Pardew in the media (and indeed with some fans) who correctly recognised he was in large part being scapegoated for Ashley's failures. Oh and he apparently cried on camera - which I don't even remember happening, but if achieving that noble outcome made some people happy and they thought it made NUFC look good, then good for them I suppose.

I didn't tell you anything, I asked you who it was who didn't know this?

Well you did.

"I'm of the opinion Ashley's true nature was revealed long ago, long before Pardew's reign, and is now well known and understood by both the fans and the media. You'll have a hard time finding anyone who still believes he's trying to do anything with NUFC except make money. There's nothing left to expose. Under Ashley, NUFC is a selling club with zero ambition."

And Pardew is gone, but it quite clearly had nothing to do with being 'weakened' by the campaign.

And how's that? He was in tears on the touchline at Stoke away when the entire away section were singing that they wanted him out and holding up banners. Unless he had something in both of his eyes and it was some strange coincidence, I'd say that that had an effect on him, and that's before getting into the things that we can speculate and the fact that, you know, he's gone.

He was 'bulletproof' because Ashley didn't want him to go, and the campaign changed that how exactly?

Nope, he was bulletproof in the media. After SackPardew he wasn't.

And do you even have any evidence that more people turned on him because of the campaign?

Yes, anecdotal, just as yours is, and that's before the media discussing the campaign, relaying facts, statements, myths etc about Pardew on air and becoming aware of his record. Colin Murray, Mark Chapman, TalkSport are just a few examples of people who not only empathised with the campaign, but believed that it was a just cause.

The most likely and obvious explanation for any increase in the protests was simply because we were losing and playing poorly, as it would have done regardless of the 'campaigns' (which I only remember as handing out those A4 printouts). And I certainly don't recall seeing anything on the campaign website being taken up by the media - I'd love to see any evidence it was.

They were all linked at the time, it was discussed on SSN, Football Focus, 5Live, TalkSport, Radio Newcastle, Metro Radio, The Evening Chronicle, the BBC, Tyne Tees, Canal+, The Guardian...and they are just the ones that I saw, heard or read.

The only effect of the campaign before he decided to leave that I can recall is the ridiculous Carver incident, and the groundswell of support for Pardew in the media (and indeed with some fans) who correctly recognised he was in large part being scapegoated for Ashley's failures.

So why are you now whinging that they've turned their attention to the person you blame? :lol:

Oh and he apparently cried on camera - which I don't even remember happening, but if achieving that noble outcome made some people happy and they thought it made NUFC look good, then good for them I suppose.

You don't seem to remember a lot. You're moving the goalposts by saying that it didn't affect anything...then admitting that he cried...but now that that's a truth, there's no nobility to it. You're just wrong man, so very exclusively wrong.

Do you have any proof to back up this claim Pardew was bulletproof in the media before the campaign, and this somehow changed after it? Because I'm pretty sure the reason I remember it differently is because that's not the truth at all. The media I read picked up from day one the fan reaction to Pardew's appointment, and never really moved from that position. He got media/pundit credits for getting the team punching above its weight, as they liked to portray 5th place, but of course that was well before SackPardew kicked off.

I really don't recall him crying - maybe I just wasn't so emotionally vested in the noble goal of destroying the man just to get him to leave, that it passed me by. Did it happen in his last game? Is that the point? Is that the smoking gun evidence that the campaign worked?

Media reporting the fact fans are holding up banners isn't surprising. Fans believing the media up to that point didn't know the fans didn't like Pardew, or hadn't liked him from the start, and this only changed because of SackPardew, is a stretch to say the least.

And I don't know how I can say this any differently before people realise it's not an endorsement - if the aim of the campaign was to target Ashley, then they quite clearly fucked up in targeting Pardew instead, because, whether people want to deny reality or not, the media and public reaction to that was actually sympathy for Pardew, because everybody knew he was just Ashley's yes man. Trying to dress this up as a masterstroke of strategy is simply putting lipstick on a pig.

Guest firetotheworks

I've wanted Ashley out since September 2008.

I wanted Pardew out from January 2013.

I'm clearly the definition of fickle.

Do you have any proof to back up this claim Pardew was bulletproof in the media before the campaign, and this somehow changed after it? Because I'm pretty sure the reason I remember it differently is because that's not the truth at all. The media I read picked up from day one the fan reaction to Pardew's appointment, and never really moved from that position. He got media/pundit credits for getting the team punching above its weight, as they liked to portray 5th place, but of course that was well before SackPardew kicked off.

I really don't recall him crying - maybe I just wasn't so emotionally vested in the noble goal of destroying the man just to get him to leave, that it passed me by. Did it happen in his last game? Is that the point? Is that the smoking gun evidence that the campaign worked?

Media reporting the fact fans are holding up banners isn't surprising. Fans believing the media up to that point didn't know the fans didn't like Pardew, or hadn't liked him from the start, and this only changed because of SackPardew, is a stretch to say the least.

And I don't know how I can say this any differently before people realise it's not an endorsement - if the aim of the campaign was to target Ashley, then they quite clearly f***ed up in targeting Pardew instead, because, whether people want to deny reality or not, the media and public reaction to that was actually sympathy for Pardew, because everybody knew he was just Ashley's yes man. Trying to dress this up as a masterstroke of strategy is simply putting lipstick on a pig.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

"Here lads, we have accidentally made this whole website about Pardew instead of Ashely"

"Fuck sake Barry, what you like man."

That is exactly how the Sackpardew protests came about. FACT.

Clearly you are. You must have had at least a tiny bit of admiration for him after 11/12, yet you suddenly changed your opinion of him in 2013? This is indeed the true definition of fickle.

Stop changing your mind when things change, or be labelled a fickle bastard forever.

I wanted Pardew out since 6th December 2010 and Ashley out since the day the tribunal ruled on the Keegan constructive dismissal case in 2009.  If that makes me fickle then I'm fickle and don't give a shit.  I'd rather be known as fickle than bend over and take everything Ashley does to and against the club.