AshleyOut.com

TK-421

one issue is the official attendance will just be tickets sold (so all season tickets holders), so you can already guarantee the club will try and picture this as 'failed'.

Surely the scanners in the turnstiles are what determine total amount? If the stadium is half-empty (doubtful, but I think, tactically, it's still the correct method of protest) - but the club try and claim it as 49k, it will make them look an even bigger joke. AO.com are going for the visual and I pray to God they successfully shepherd the sheep into making a significant statement.

There have been a couple of games recently where the attendance has been £50k+ where I seriously doubted there were that many there as there were a good few gaps around.

Can we get a poll about people's current intentions for this game if they have a ticket?

I'm a season ticket holder and I won't be going. Didn't bother with the last home game either.

Poll doesn't work on Tapatalk but I'm season ticket holder and won't be going.

Guest Roger Kint

Mark Douglas claims he is writing his story about this today. Interesting to see how brave the get as Rdyer etc have refused to do owt

I'm sure we are the only club to never have a lower crowd than 30K in the Premier League!

I'd be very surprised if Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal have mind

2 September 1992 Man Utd 1-0 Crystal Palace Hughes 88' 29,736 6th

26 September 1992 Liverpool 2–3 Wimbledon Liverpool

Mølby Goal 35' (pen.)

McManaman Goal 39'  Fashanu Goal 12'

Earle Goal 27', 76' Stadium: Anfield

Attendance: 29,574

5 August 1992 Arsenal 2 – 4 Norwich City London

[hide]

15:00 BST Bould Goal 28'

Campbell Goal 39'  Goal 69', 84' Robins

Goal 72' Phillips

Goal 82' Fox Stadium: Highbury

Attendance: 24

The potential for this is HUGE. The Cardiff game last season got some off their seats and leaving but as the game was never on SKY, the impact never carried momentum to the following week.

The Stoke away game had good hype about sackpardew.com and Ashley about to sack him if he lost but it was an away game and eventhough we lost, nothing was made out of the fans' frustration.

The Hull game was a big letdown. The media were up for it and sackpardew was at its peak. Papiss fucked that up in the end but the expected backlash was not reflective on what we felt here. Plus, all the Pardew lovers were there.

This Spurs boycott has to be real, has to be perfect, has to have momentum in the town at least a week beforehand. SKY  are covering it so it has to start in the days leading up to the match.

If we still get a 50k crowd and booing and condemnation of Ashleyout.com from our lot, then there is no hope tbh.

Mark Douglas claims he is writing his story about this today. Interesting to see how brave the get as Rdyer etc have refused to do owt

Yeah but only on the website, they still seem to not want to stick it in the paper. Maybe it'll happen closer to the Spurs game.

Peter Lovenkrands on SSN panel with Pete Graves at 11, discussing NUFC.

On after the break by looks of it.

Dear god... discussing anything and everything before us... now saying 'before 12'!!  :huff:

The potential for this is HUGE. The Cardiff game last season got some off their seats and leaving but as the game was never on SKY, the impact never carried momentum to the following week.

The Stoke away game had good hype about sackpardew.com and Ashley about to sack him if he lost but it was an away game and eventhough we lost, nothing was made out of the fans' frustration.

The Hull game was a big letdown. The media were up for it and sackpardew was at its peak. Papiss f***ed that up in the end but the expected backlash was not reflective on what we felt here. Plus, all the Pardew lovers were there.

This Spurs boycott has to be real, has to be perfect, has to have momentum in the town at least a week beforehand. SKY  are covering it so it has to start in the days leading up to the match.

If we still get a 50k crowd and booing and condemnation of Ashleyout.com from our lot, then there is no hope tbh.

The club managed to control the protests for the Hull game as they confiscated a lot of the protest material so the impact was a lot less than it might have been.  And the disgraceful manipulation of the Jonas situation which came out a day or two beforehand also had an effect.

I would not be surprised to start seeing headlines about how the club needs the fans onside because we don’t want to get embroiled in a relegation fight.  The club will certainly be trying to manipulate the fans through the media to damage the protest.

---

I liked the sentiment made by someone on a website that as the players haven't been turning up for recent games that we have decided not to bother attending the Spurs game.  Although that is not the point of the protest, I am sure that message will appeal to some supporters.

Walkout was always gonna be difficult to be effective, with supporters who wanted to stay criticising those who wanted to walk out/did walkout.

Hopefully a full boycott will be easier to just do something else that day, even if they don't join a protest group in Leazes park.

I would be very surprised if there are less than 40 000 people there.

There's no way 10,000 fans will fail to turn up on the day. The vast majority of fans at st James have quite low standards. 

Guest reefatoon

He is the loyalist football supporter the world has ever seen, full credit to him. the thick cunt.

Guest Roger Kint

Theres far too many on twitter today like that idiot. Seem some say ditching Sky would be a better way of hurting him :anguish:

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  33s34 seconds ago

Have penned my own thoughts on #BoycottSpurs . Will be appearing on http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk  soon #nufc

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/didntreadloldance.gif

Can't wait to read this steaming pile when he releases it. No doubt it'll be completely tone-deaf, the incoherent ramblings of someone who would've been thrown off a cliff at birth in old Sparta.

Like I said yesterday, this will be pathetic as our fans can't organise fuck all...

I'll probably not bother going to the game. Will I go to the protest? Well that depends how many plan on doing it. The last few have been embarrassing. The odd 50 people, it just looks stupid!

I think more than 50 will boycott and turn up.

I'm not confident. Our fucken lot couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery. Even when we do, like last season when it seemed everyone had agreed to walk out of the Cardiff game on 60 minutes, along came NUST and decided to throw a spanner int he works by declaring the 69th minute was a better option. Everything was organised for the 60th, why not just go along with that. Too many people wanting to be the leader and have their own idea to be the one carried out by everyone so if it works, they can say "that was my idea".

And that is my point, there'll be nee c*** goes to this protest next Sunday. Probably a bunch of chavs who weren't going to the game anyway.

Guest reefatoon

Like I said yesterday, this will be pathetic as our fans can't organise f*** all...

I'll probably not bother going to the game. Will I go to the protest? Well that depends how many plan on doing it. The last few have been embarrassing. The odd 50 people, it just looks stupid!

I'm not confident. Our fucken lot couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery. Even when we do, like last season when it seemed everyone had agreed to walk out of the Cardiff game on 60 minutes, along came NUST and decided to throw a spanner int he works by declaring the 69th minute was a better option. Everything was organised for the 60th, why not just go along with that. Too many people wanting to be the leader and have their own idea to be the one carried out by everyone so if it works, they can say "that was my idea".

And that is my point, there'll be nee c*** goes to this protest next Sunday. Probably a bunch of chavs who weren't going to the game anyway.

So they can organise everything, is that what you are telling us. Seems to contradict your musings from yesterday

Like I said yesterday, this will be pathetic as our fans can't organise f*** all...

So they can organise everything, is that what you are telling us. Seems to contradict your musings from yesterday

Fans couldn't organise f*** all. It'll all be a shambles as usual.

How have I contradicted myself from yesterday. I said yesterday we couldn't organise I pissup in a brewery. Tit.

Guest Roger Kint

Of course they can organise things, sadly too many people prefer to shout them down or continue to be fucking mugs instead of joining in.