Newcastle United 1 - 1 West Brom - 09/05/15 - Post-match reaction from page 28

Dave

The difference between "night & day" Carvie Lickolls was on about was due to fact that supercunt Williamson wasn't in the team. Despite the ridiculous marking for the goal (Raylor should not have been the one marking Anichebe ffs), we looked more assured at the back. There was none of this useless bumbling around like a drunken horse we usually get from good old iron mike, and the hoofball to short pass ratio, although still relatively high, was nowhere near what it usually is. Granted it was Pulis' WBA we were playing, but still, an improvement overall

Dummett played a huge role in that, and I have to say, even captain Scribe was better than his usual self, at time bringing the ball out of defence. Granted it was Pulis' WBA we were playing, but still, an improvement overall that should give the players confidence going into the next game, with Janmaat and co coming back as well.

I think this is always going to be the case with our wide players, tbh, unless they're really good (not that we're not massively short of quality in that area). We saw it with Ayoze yesterday, he'd beat someone then have nobody within 15 yards of him to pass to. We have the age-old issue of barely anyone in the box arriving with any pace as well. There were times yesterday where our attacking 3 were going forward but the 3 midfielders were standing within 10 yards of each other around the centre circle. The result was wide players doubled up on with about one person to aim for in the box. We pretty much only see midfielders in the box when full backs are overlapping, which is often a pretty slow play with the opposition back and organised.

Yesterday was better but it just, once again, shows how much of an utter shambles we are overall.

In De Jong's cameo the other game I thought straight away we had a player who can actually get into the box from midfield. Looking forward to see him play.

I think this is always going to be the case with our wide players, tbh, unless they're really good (not that we're not massively short of quality in that area). We saw it with Ayoze yesterday, he'd beat someone then have nobody within 15 yards of him to pass to. We have the age-old issue of barely anyone in the box arriving with any pace as well. There were times yesterday where our attacking 3 were going forward but the 3 midfielders were standing within 10 yards of each other around the centre circle. The result was wide players doubled up on with about one person to aim for in the box. We pretty much only see midfielders in the box when full backs are overlapping, which is often a pretty slow play with the opposition back and organised.

Yesterday was better but it just, once again, shows how much of an utter shambles we are overall.

This has been a problem for far too long now. We only ever seem to attack with 3 or 4 players. Yesterday I lost count of the amount of times Colback and Raylor were just stood almost on the halfway line as we attacked when we needed more bodies forward due to the amount of bodies West Brom had back. They had their keeper and 9 outfield players almost all in their own box at times. There was no need for Colback and Raylor to be so far away from the attack. Pardew written all over it.

I think Cabella would be fine if any of our other players were capable of making an attacking run or finding a bit of space. Instead he ends up hemmed in by two or three defenders, doing daft stepovers while the rest of our lot stand stock still.

This. As would a lot of our other players that get a bit of stick (Anita, for instance). They are used to playing in teams where their teammates actually look for space to run in to and try and score goals, unlike our squad.

In De Jong's cameo the other game I thought straight away we had a player who can actually get into the box from midfield. Looking forward to see him play.

:yao:

Cabella needs to be decisive in his movements or attacks. If he beats someone then take a shot or pass and move.

Problem he has is lack of support or lack of someone busting a gut to get in the box to aim at.

Aye true - the movement in the box at the weekend was absolutely garbage. Cabella and Jonas made it into the box more than once in the second half; I don't think anyone so much as dropped-deep once.

I think Cabella would be fine if any of our other players were capable of making an attacking run or finding a bit of space. Instead he ends up hemmed in by two or three defenders, doing daft stepovers while the rest of our lot stand stock still.

This. As would a lot of our other players that get a bit of stick (Anita, for instance). They are used to playing in teams where their teammates actually look for space to run in to and try and score goals, unlike our squad.

That's not going to happen until the entire coaching staff is bombed out. This lot have all been brainwashed and nurtured by Pardew.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/a1/e8/0,,10278~13035681,00.jpg

How do you have a picture of Ronaldo off here?

That blue box in the shirt is horrendous! I am seriously considering buying a NUFC shirt but that is horrible.

Anyway, that sponsor sucks bad. It is horrible. And ironic in many ways.

If only all our supporters thought this way. There's a depressing number of fans who still buy them. It's embarrassing.

Anyway, that sponsor sucks bad. It is horrible. And ironic in many ways.

If only all our supporters thought this way. There's a depressing number of fans who still buy them. It's embarrassing.

Here in Lisbon we had the same problem some years ago:

benfica.jpg

The solution was: Facebook pages against that blue box, flooding club's email inboxes, etc etc.

Eventually the problem was solved, you guys could do the same.