Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

I don't know why but in my mind I keep coming back to Paolo Di Canio when I try to think of the positives in this one. Could be completely wrong but I can't shake it.

I don't know why but in my mind I keep coming back to Paolo Di Canio when I try to think of the positives in this one. Could be completely wrong but I can't shake it.

I can't see the comparison tbh. Di Canio came from a League One club where he'd already had a reputation for having clashes with players.

Vieira has just spent the last few years overlooking Manchester City developing one of the best youth setups and facilities in world football.

I don't think there's anyone that doesn't see the risk in this.

BUT, surely that generates a bit of excitement, which we've not had for years.

I like it.

And, so what if it fails, we'll stick lasagne face back in charge and the pressure will mount again on the bellends running the club.

“It’s about the vision. I’ve been here for three years from the B licence to the pro licence and I really know myself. I really know which kind of manager I want to be.

“They don’t try to put something in my head. It’s about who I am as a person and how I see the game and how they can give me the tools to be a successful manager.”

Can't help thinking the only reason he is even on our radar is because if he succeeds we would stand to gain a massive amount of compensation a few years down the line when Wenger finally packs it in or Man City (or France) look for a manager.

Can't help thinking the only reason he is even on our radar is because if he succeeds we would stand to gain a massive amount of compensation a few years down the line when Wenger finally packs it in or Man City (or France) look for a manager.

That's exactly what would happen if he does a cracking job with us.

Would still be worth it for the fun we might have in the mean time, but to be fair Ashley and co will have pissed him off and he'll have resigned well before that point.

Newcastle will give him the tools for himself and the club to be successful. He will have plenty of good players with millions to spend this summer. We also give him a platform to manage one of the best teams in England. This along with million other reasons will make us an attractive option for him and great tools to deliver and make him one of the best managers in the future.

Newcastle will give him the tools for himself and the club to be successful. He will have plenty of good players with millions to spend this summer. We also give him a platform to manage one of the best teams in England. This along with million other reasons will make us an attractive option for him and great tools to deliver and make him one of the best managers in the future.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/01/article-2137847-12C2BB42000005DC-433_468x309.jpg

These three cunts are tools that he will be given.  Like trying to play Snooker with a piece of rope.

:yao:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/01/article-2137847-12C2BB42000005DC-433_468x309.jpg

These three c***s are tools that he will be given.  Like trying to play Snooker with a piece of rope.

:spit: bahaha.

I just can't get too excited about any of this yet.  You know Carver will still be involved in some capacity, as will the other two minions.  I would guess the majority of decent managers interested would want their own backroom staff and not be keen to work with the three stooges.

My first opinion on Vieira was a bit 'Alan Partridge shrug'.  But the more I think about it, the more it interests me.  I'm not even sure the link is genuine yet.  Probably just more spin from the club.  But it could potentially end up being a very good appointment. 

He's worked under some great managers, played at the top level his whole career for big clubs, always been a leader and he's been involved in some capacity in coaching and developing players the last few years.  I would imagine he'd have a lot of contacts in the game and would be a big draw for a lot of players.

TBH, even if he ended up being a bit average.  It would probably definitely be more exciting than McLaren, Carver or any other random, tried and failed British coach.

I'd rather we were after a coach from the continent that has more experience and is proven.  But I think I'd be happy with Vieira if he got appointed.

I can't see him accepting the terms set out by Ashley though.  Or wanting to work with the complete mongs in that picture.

After presiding over a relegation skirmish Carver has been told his interim head coach’s contract will not be extended but Pardew’s former sidekick is expected to revert to his old assistant manager’s role next season.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/31/patrick-vieira-surprise-candidate-newcastle-manager

Scratch that.  I'm not even remotely excited at all.  That seems to be the general consensus across the board  :undecided: 

Why in the fuck are we keeping this twat on in any capacity, other than cleaner or kit man?  Oh yeah, the 8 year deal.  How could I forget?

These three c***s are tools that he will be given.  Like trying to play Snooker with a piece of rope.

:spit: bahaha.

I just can't get too excited about any of this yet.  You know Carver will still be involved in some capacity, as will the other two minions.  I would guess the majority of decent managers interested would want their own backroom staff and not be keen to work with the three stooges.

My first opinion on Vieira was a bit 'Alan Partridge shrug'.  But the more I think about it, the more it interests me.  I'm not even sure the link is genuine yet.  Probably just more spin from the club.  But it could potentially end up being a very good appointment. 

He's worked under some great managers, played at the top level his whole career for big clubs, always been a leader and he's been involved in some capacity in coaching and developing players the last few years.  I would imagine he'd have a lot of contacts in the game and would be a big draw for a lot of players.

TBH, even if he ended up being a bit average.  It would probably definitely be more exciting than McLaren, Carver or any other random, tried and failed British coach.

I'd rather we were after a coach from the continent that has more experience and is proven.  But I think I'd be happy with Vieira if he got appointed.

I can't see him accepting the terms set out by Ashley though.  Or wanting to work with the complete mongs in that picture.

What a picture...

Vieira would be a very interesting appointment for me.  He was one of the best players in the UK/Europe for a number of years and has been working in one of the best set up clubs now for 3 years - talk about insight!

His first managerial opportunity is a big risk for him too - gets it wrong and his path to the top (assuming he can/could get there) would be harder.  Cannot see an ex-player of his standing wanting to take that risk.  Personally think he could ignite the kind of excitement this place needs and dare I say it, a fresh and modern outlook to the game.

For me, it would only work though if he was able to bring his own team in as our current puppet show would not help him develop in anyway. That's the biggest risk, does he have the contacts that could come in and make this is a success for him and us and would the club support him in doing that?  I don't know/probably not!

Guest taps01

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/268/8/1/the_third_man_iphone_4_4s_wallpaper_by_greentuner-d6ntrtz.jpg

Who can it be...?

Ive Seen Laudrup mentioned as the 3rd candidate a couple of times

Re this being more spin for the club - not so sure this time.  Vieira or Man City surely would have come out now and said there is nothing in it!?

It was City who leaked it IIUIC.

After presiding over a relegation skirmish Carver has been told his interim head coach’s contract will not be extended but Pardew’s former sidekick is expected to revert to his old assistant manager’s role next season.

Unreal. Total lunacy.

Guest taps01

Laudrup apparently.

Its someone currently in a job though isnt it?

Is he not managing in the middle east somewhere?