Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

We can only hope that they really wanted McClaren to come in for the last three games and the fact he said no has gone against him.

I'm warming to the idea of Vieira, infact I'm getting giddy about it for some unbeknown reason, so it'll never happen.

I read an article the other day about Bayern's approach and thought he must be highly regarded if they're sniffing about, as previously mentioned they're proper football people.

We can only hope that they really wanted McClaren to come in for the last three games and the fact he said no has gone against him.

I'm warming to the idea of Vieira, infact I'm getting giddy about it for some unbeknown reason, so it'll never happen.

I read an article the other day about Bayern's approach and thought he must be highly regarded if they're sniffing about, as previously mentioned they're proper football people.

The one time that I'm hoping Ashley's pride kicks in :thup:

What worries me about McClaren and the rest of the "short list", is that he is so different from the other three on there. Feels like the others are there just to give the impression that we've actually thought about something different.

Cos those forrins would have their own ideas of progressive football, of wanting both personal and team achievements. Would rock the boat too much for Ashley's comfort.

Newcastle will give him the tools for himself and the club to be successful. He will have plenty of good players with millions to spend this summer. We also give him a platform to manage one of the best teams in England. This along with million other reasons will make us an attractive option for him and great tools to deliver and make him one of the best managers in the future.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/01/article-2137847-12C2BB42000005DC-433_468x309.jpg

These three cunts are tools that he will be given.  Like trying to play Snooker with a piece of rope.

:lol: That phrase always makes me think of Phoenix Nights.

Why is our club so scared of hiring foreign managers? When was the last time we had a foreign manager? Foreign meaning not British. Must be Gullit, right? God damn nearly 20 years ago already.

Just had a quick look, we've only hired 2 non-British managers in the clubs history :lol:

What worries me about McClaren and the rest of the "short list", is that he is so different from the other three on there. Feels like the others are there just to give the impression that we've actually thought about something different.

:thup:

Feels like a rouse to me as well.

Trying not to get excited about Garde or Paddy V, we've already approached McClaren, so I'm fairly sure we would be happy with him and he would be happy with us...

If that's the case why has it not happened yet then?

I'm hoping they've cooled on him, otherwise it would have been pretty cut and dry without all of this delay and conjecture.

Why is our club so scared of hiring foreign managers? When was the last time we had a foreign manager? Foreign meaning not British. Must be Gullit, right? God damn nearly 20 years ago already.

Just had a quick look, we've only hired 2 non-British managers in the clubs history :lol:

Had to think there, who was the other.....

http://i2.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article6532494.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/853720.jpg

Disregarding the joke that is John Carver, it's very easy to spot the odd name in the so-called shortlist.

Obviously the job is McClaren's and any other names are just another shambolic PR attempt to fool people that the 'footballing board' has any sort of sporting ambition. fuck off Bishop.

It's nice to dream about Vieira though. He's not your regular manager-wannabe. I watched a long interview with him on French TV a while ago and it's obvious that he's very passionate and knowledgeable about football. Seems a level-headed and inspiring bloke. Probably has a bright future as a manager.

http://whatculture.com/sport/12-things-newcastle-fans-need-to-know-about-patrick-vieiras-managerial-career.php?

“My coaching style is a combination from my experience of working with Arsene Wenger, Fabio Capello and Jose Mourinho.

“There is a little bit of all of them, plus my own experience to deliver my message. The relationship with the players is so important.

“I want to trust them but they must trust me, too. I like it because I want to be close with them.”

:promotion::frantic:

He is telling Lee that right now...

It's going to be McClaren, no way am I getting my hopes up for anyone else.

The club just want to show that they 'tried' to bring in the best person, when we all know it will be the same standard cheap English rubbish as usual.

Appointing McClaren proves that Ashley's interview was just bullshit in every way, just like most people thought. IF Vieira came in he'd only do it if there's ambition. Well, they could always lie to him.