Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

Even if he does sign, we'll have to buy nearly a whole new squad of players. That's really the deciding factor of whether there is thought or a plan behind Viera. Again, I'm very sceptical of this and I don't know why you wouldn't be.

The people who run our club are true scum, and should not be forgiven or allowed to stay. The attidue towards Ashley can't soften. The damage done to NUFC by him is nearly unrepairable and he should be hounded out as soon as possible- potential appointments like Viera should not distract fans from this. This attempted move will fit in perfectly with Ashley's hollow aspirations of winning a Champions League place. He knows what he's doing and people will lap it up. 'He's changed, he's changed!!', people will cry to a David Craig interview whilst in line for the new home strip.

Do not trust this club.

This link has reignited a bit of hope but you just can't see how we're compatible. I'm relieved we've recognised the absolute necessity of having a European coach, though.

Guest firetotheworks

He's European only in nationality though, that's literally it. :lol: We know absolutely nothing in practice of his style, his tactics etc.

I dare say he's be more culturally compatible with our international squad than Steve McClaren, is my point - not so much from a tactical point of view. Plus if we're going to continue with the French market, we might as well have a French manager. I doubt we'd have left Hatem, Yanga-Mbiwa and Marveaux to rot if the manager had been French, for example. They've probably twigged this and it's something of a relief.

I dare say he's be more culturally compatible with our international squad than Steve McClaren, is my point - not so much from a tactical point of view. Plus if we're going to continue with the French market, we might as well have a French manager. I doubt we'd have left Hatem, Yanga-Mbiwa and Marveaux to rot if the manager had been French, for example. They've probably twigged this and it's something of a relief.

Vieira hasn't lived in France for years though

I've said all that needs to be said, like. It's a stupid idea and the club haven't 'twigged' anything. As usual they're looking to cut as many corners as possible for the maximum reward.

I've said all that needs to be said, like. It's a stupid idea and the club haven't 'twigged' anything. As usual they're looking to cut as many corners as possible for the maximum reward.

Do you honestly reckon Vieira being French has absolutely no bearing on him being shortlisted?

The people in charge are cunts and they won't have changed their overall philosophy towards the club (the business), but if we're genuinely after Vieira there's clearly a slight change in tack, even if he would probably be comparatively a cheaper option. Forgive me for having a modicum of interest for once.

I'm really tired of being cynical. There's no reason not to be, of course, but it's still mentally tiring to have a thing you really enjoy be such drudgery to follow. That said, Vieira represents a different sort of cynicism from Ashley than we're used to, so that's something. A cynical appointment with the side effect of allowing us to have a guy in charge I enjoy hearing from and who hasn't already been proven to be utterly bland.

We're still in prison but they changed the color of the paint.