Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

Guest antz1uk

i'd absolutely love Vieira but it's never gonna happen at this club under this lot, they quite happy to have the rumours flying about as it might sell some season tickets, i seriously hope it's not Mcclaren and pray to god it's not Carver but i'd expect it will be one of those two, since when has this club made any good footballing decisions

We've had eight years of s**** and as soon as there's the faintest glimmer of hope we get Mole and Ronaldo bitch slapping us back down. :lol:

:snod:

Imagine PV schlong-slapping those tools and cowards in the dressing room. :lol:

No shit Ian. No fucking shit.

I really wish I hadn't used my real name on here, everything is so much more hurtful.

I know the feeling. Let's call each other Dave from now on!

I'm well on the Vieira bandwagon. Couldn't give a fuck about the risk.

It would put us back on the map as a club.

Same, allez les noirs et blancs.

Still think they'll end up appointing Stevey Mac mind.

Of course they will. I'll get behind McClaren but I will have zero expectations.

I'm well on the Vieira bandwagon. Couldn't give a fuck about the risk.

It would put us back on the map as a club.

Same, allez les noirs et blancs.

Still think they'll end up appointing Stevey Mac mind.

Sorry, I just mean the appointment rather than it being Vieira.  Reckons we're interviewing the candidates this week.

Guest GallowgateKev

Every manager is a risk, not one is guaranteed success. However, what we would get in Vieira is a leader!

The guy has respect from a lot of managers and players alike around Europe, for me it's a no brainer. Get him in and give him the money to spend, he will improve us dramatically imo.

Vieira want`s to be manager,  not just "head coach". So he is unlikely Ashley&co`s radar nothing more than PR stunt before hiring McClaren?

What if McClaren is nothing more than a PR stunt before hiring Carver :yao:

Guest Gino14

If McLaren is being interviewed you'd have to make him red hot favourite for the job.  He'll just say the kind of things someone like Charnley will want to hear and he'll lap it up.  Somebody like Vieira will have requirements and one of those will be ambition, something we're unlikely to ever show.

Vieira could be a total failure, but it'd at least show a bit of an adventurous spirit from the club.  It's more an appointment that would say they're trying to have a go, look at someone forward thinking and take a risk that might be needed.  It seems like a lot of people would have been happy with someone like Clement, but would he have been any less of a risk?  How many assistants actually make the grade?  I'd say more head coaches who work their way through the ranks of things like youth team level generally make the grade as good managers, because they're used to being in charge at some level from the start.  They get used to being the decision maker early and don't have to adjust to it.  Then it just becomes whether they have the skills to do it at a higher level.  Vieira is someone who commands respect and is someone who no player could ever look at and think "Who is he to tell me how to play?"  You just know that was happening with Carver, because Carver is a moron who has achieved nothing and players were thinking "That sounds like nonsense, who is this guy to tell me how to do anything."

So Vieira is definitely a risk, but I'd also say it'd be nice not to be hated by everyone again and I think a lot of other club's fans would all of a sudden warm to us a bit with Vieira in charge.  McLaren is another manager that every fan loves to hate.  It seemed like a lot of fans were wishing us relegation last season and that takes some doing when you have Sunderland dragging along with their shenanigans and Hull desperate to be relegated as well.  I suppose other fans aren't a big factor in the grand scheme of things, but it would be nice not to have every other fan and pundit immediately consider us with derision.

Guest GallowgateKev

Sissoko under Viera.  :drool:

Tasty.

TBH I would be tempted to keep Tiote as well.

Tempted? he's a must keep, we're a better side with him playing.

Tiote, that is...