The Coaching Staff

NUFC

His former Derby No. 2 Paul Simpson is expected to arrive this week while Ian Cathro, a highly-rated 28-year-old Scot who has been coaching at La Liga giants Valencia, is also in the frame to link up with McClaren.

Anyone heard of Cathro?

Relative of that comedian

B-owt44XAAAW-2E.png

His former Derby No. 2 Paul Simpson is expected to arrive this week while Ian Cathro, a highly-rated 28-year-old Scot who has been coaching at La Liga giants Valencia, is also in the frame to link up with McClaren.

Anyone heard of Cathro?

sup

http://i1.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article857146.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/ian-cathro-image-1-465468107.jpg

Anyone heard of Cathro?

Yeah left due to family issues didn't he?

Guest reefatoon

Cathro assistant, Paul Simpson 1st team coach and Steve Black (fitness) would be decent, imo.

any reason to think it will be decent or just blind hope?

Cathro assistant, Paul Simpson 1st team coach and Steve Black (fitness) would be decent, imo.

Well, Cathro is supposedly very highly rated & progressive, was assistant at Valencia. Simpson has plenty experience & Steve Black is a bit of a legend as a fitness coach.

I don't see why it wouldn't be an excellent team. I think it's more blind hope that we'll actually get them tbh.

How bad can it be after Carver, Woodman and Stone?

Well, Cathro is supposedly very highly rated & progressive, was assistant at Valencia. Simpson has plenty experience & Steve Black is a bit of a legend as a fitness coach.

I don't see why it wouldn't be an excellent team. I think it's more blind hope that we'll actually get them tbh.

That setup would be an infinite upgrade if we can get it done. They need to hurry up.

Guest reefatoon

It will never drop as low as that again.  I don't know much about Simpson or Cathro's coaching credentials, so was just wondering if he knew more with saying they would be a good fit. anything is exciting after the bunch of clems we had last season!

That setup would be an infinite upgrade if we can get it done. They need to hurry up.

Yep, on paper it's definitely interesting.

Especially Cathro would be an interesting appointment. A young, highly rated assistant manager who has worked in Spain will hopefully provide fresh ideas.