The Coaching Staff

NUFC

If he's wanting to become a manager fairly soon, he'll take one look at Ashley's history of lazily appointing assistants to the top job and be straight down to the training ground to sign.

I could get on board with this. Learn the club & a few things from McClaren then when the time comes, job could be his. I don't mind promoting from within if there's a plan in place and not just 'Carver's here, let's give it to him and hope he's not shit'.

McClaren, Cathro, Simpson, Black is far stronger than our previous Laurel & Hardy setup.

Just having good coaches and players returning from injury will see us much improved on last season, never mind with a few signings.

I could get on board with this. Learn the club & a few things from McClaren then when the time comes, job could be his. I don't mind promoting from within if there's a plan in place and not just 'Carver's here, let's give it to him and hope he's not shit'.

Totally agree. Young and progressive manager learning the ropes from an older hand, both with experience on the continent as well. It could work really well provided the owner doesn't stick his oar in too much.

Let's hope it's more Robson/Mourinho than Wilkinson/Cotterill anyway.

That was an awesome partnership!!!  :lol: :lol:

In one game, I especially loved how Cotterill was still furiously writting stuff down on his note pad ion the last few minutes when they were already 0-3 down at home to Charlton.  I think there was something like 3 own goals as well.  :lol: :lol:

@NUFC360: Steve McClaren is set to finalise his backroom staff at #NUFC with Paul Simpson and Ian Cathro set close to agreeing moves, reports Goal.

@NUFC360: A source confirmed to Goal that Simpson and Cathro were the only candidates offered roles by the club. #NUFC

Goal is I believe Graham Bailey.

Would be a good appointment. Had coaching experience in Portugal and Spain and not backwards thinking like many other British coaches with dinosaur coaching methods. Shame more young coaches don't have the bottle or thinking to go abroad to learn like this guy has.

Would be a good appointment. Had coaching experience in Portugal and Spain and not backwards thinking like many other British coaches with dinosaur coaching methods. Shame more young coaches don't have the bottle or thinking to go abroad to learn like this guy has.

:thup: definitely.

A rare positive move from the club, now to follow it up with some signings.