England: Thomas Tuchel signs 18 month contract with England from Jan 1 2025 (Official)

Nobody

44 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Surprised about Brighton fans, didn't have them down as an England supporting hotbed and unlike City they've not won anything for ages. Also not sure on what basis they decided to include Brighton and Wolves but not, say, Palace and Fulham..  

Well-off and Southern.  

Just now, Froggy said:

Aye. :lol:Most fans I've spoken to don't like international football at all. :lol: Suggesting 45% would rather England win the Euros than us win the league is utter nonsense.

100%.  Can’t picture a red Manc swapping getting the PL trophy back off Man City for England winning a Euros. :) 

The one good omen going into the tournament is yes, there was some resistance, but we had pretty much taken Normandy and began pushing well into France at this point.

Nothing to suggest we can't do similar and push our way out of the group stage and into the advanced rounds.

Edited by TBG

These people do exist. I was at a stag do last year with a Birmingham City fan, Man City fan, Southampton fan and Fulham fan - this exact question was put forward. I was the only one who said I'd prefer club, and they were even more flabbergasted when I said I'd take League Cup over the World Cup any day.

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

100%.  Can’t picture a red Manc swapping getting the PL trophy back off Man City for England winning a Euros. :) 

Effectively saying they would rather either of their biggest rivals in City or Liverpool win the league than them is mad like. All for the pleasure of throwing a few plastic pints of warm Carling around spoons for a few weeks in July.....

2 hours ago, BlueStar said:

dal3cfm8sr5d1.jpeg

I’d rather see us just beat LiVARpool, than England win the Euro’s.

I’d honestly love to see England win, and the unity and feel good it would bring the country, but it pales into insignificance compared to Newcastle.
Anyone putting country before club is just a plastic, sorry, not sorry  if this upsets anyone.

20 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Aye. :lol:Most fans I've spoken to don't like international football at all. :lol: Suggesting 45% would rather England win the Euros than us win the league is utter nonsense.

Doubt 45% of your (match going) fans are even English tbh

FWIW it's quite risky to express enthusiasm for supporting England, it's way cooler to say you don't care about it. 

The preference is a ridiculous question to be asked anyway. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Yeah I don’t buy that at all. Two out of every five Spurs fans would rather England win Euro 2024 than us win the fucking league? Fuck off :lol:

Definitely one where I would be investigating the methodology.

It's got to be one of those surveys where the question is "who's your local team" and then "would you rather they won or England" rather than approaching actual fans of their respective clubs directly

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

These people do exist. I was at a stag do last year with a Birmingham City fan, Man City fan, Southampton fan and Fulham fan - this exact question was put forward. I was the only one who said I'd prefer club, and they were even more flabbergasted when I said I'd take League Cup over the World Cup any day.

Aye it's very much a not in our bubble thing. 

10 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

I don't believe that about west ham at all.

To be fair they already think THEY won the World Cup dont they, never won the league

I might sacrifice a couple of points away to Crystal Palace to see England win the Euros (only if Anthony Gordon scored the winning goal!)

On second thoughts....nah!

4 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

The Birmingham City fan said he’d rather see England win Euro 2024 than Brum win the Premier League, with all the implications of that (your team has been completely revitalized, promoted then taken the Premier League by storm and presumably beaten Villa to the title)?

If that means I’m in a bubble, then it’s a bubble of sanity.

No idea what SKIMS is, googled it & from their website: "SKIMS is a solutions oriented brand creating the next generation of underwear, loungewear and shapewear."

Quite frankly I'd rather they focused on creating a fucking right off solution.

11 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Surprised about Brighton fans, didn't have them down as an England supporting hotbed and unlike City they've not won anything for ages. Also not sure on what basis they decided to include Brighton and Wolves but not, say, Palace and Fulham..  

They all supported “United” and Chelsea until a few year ago.

On 11/06/2024 at 07:53, Kid Icarus said:

Sandwiched betwixt two fanbases from the city some try to claim we're nothing alike :whistle:

I assume you’re going to agree with me but we’re very Liverpudlians imho, Glaswegians too imho - working class cities with heritage steeped in river / port based industry. 

we haven’t quite the Irish influence that the other 2 have or the organised anti establishment traits but we have more that unites than divides . 

I like scousers. I’ve never warned to Everton but I had a grudging respect for Liverpool until recently. Their core supports like Spirit of Shankley are genuinely good people it’s the tourist / entitled hangers on that piss me off. I even liked Klopp at first …

On 11/06/2024 at 09:10, Pablo said:

I’d rather see us just beat LiVARpool, than England win the Euro’s.

I’d honestly love to see England win, and the unity and feel good it would bring the country, but it pales into insignificance compared to Newcastle.
Anyone putting country before club is just a plastic, sorry, not sorry  if this upsets anyone.

There have been times where I have preferred Newcastle to win a corner than England win a World Cup.

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

There have been times where I have preferred Newcastle to win a corner than England win a World Cup.

When Laurent Robert was swinging them in towards Speed and Shearer, Aye.

When P45due was in charge and we went pretty much a season without scoring from a corner, tough one that…