England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Guest Howaythetoon

From what I seen of it I thought England defended really well, were a threat on the break and I'm liking how we try and pass the ball out rather than safety first of hoofing it. England has a bright future, but I think we are still a long long away from winning things.

From what I seen of it I thought England defended really well, were a threat on the break and I'm liking how we try and pass the ball out rather than safety first of hoofing it. England has a bright future, but I think we are still a long long away from winning things.

I think If England had tried to play a more open game we'd have got beat tbh. It wasn't pretty to watch, but it was effective and defensively a good performance.

I watched some of this rubbish yesterday. England will be a tough side to beat next June, imo. Fairly solid and they have one of the two or three best forwards in the competition. It is a fairly good formula.

Solanke is next what will seemingly become of a long line of British players (looking at the youth sides) who are either blatantly mispronouncing their own name or having it continually mispronounced by commentators. Ibe, Lookman, and Solanke shouldn't bother me to the degree that they do, but I cringe whenever I hear them. :lol:

How should Lookman be pronounced? Lukeman?

Tbf, Lookman is just a simple Anglicisation. Someone in his family has actually changed the spelling of the name to sound more English. Your pronunciation is correct for his original surname. I keep hearing Solanke as "SO-LANCK" or "SO-LANKY" but the S and and the E are the same sounds as in S(h)ola Ameobi, both are Yoruba names. It is "SHOW-LAN-KAY".

Honestly, these are small things no one should care about. I am just turning into father already. :lol:

Tbf, Lookman is just a simple Anglicisation. Someone in his family has actually changed the spelling of the name to sound more English. Your pronunciation is correct for his original surname. I keep hearing Solanke as "SO-LANCK" or "SO-LANKY" but the S and and the E are the same sounds as in S(h)ola Ameobi, both are Yoruba names. It is "SHOW-LAN-KAY".

Honestly, these are small things no one should care about. I am just turning into father already. [emoji38]

Ibe is another isn't it?

Honestly, these are small things no one should care about. I am just turning into father already. [emoji38]

Ibe is another isn't it?

Three posts up :lol:

• 4 months later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Fucking wankers! I hope Engerlund get fucking sent home early from the WC to serve cunts like that right.