England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

How can it possibly be up for debate. I read someone else put it in simple terms, Vardy has come on as a sub and put a backheel past the best goalkeeper in the world within 3 minutes. We looked much better once he came on also. Kane & Vardy showed the margins of top class goalscorers yesterday. Those moments win you games.

Shearer was at the peak of his powers then though. Far superior to what Rooney is now.

Spot on.  Shearer banged goals in consistently, against all sides despite three potentially career ending injuries.

Rooney is a flat track bully.  Happy to get a couple against wank teams, and gets to (badly) take the penalties which inflate his stats, but he always goes missing against half decent sides.

Shearer was ten times the player Rooney is.

What a dreadful post. Rooney might be past his best now but he's been a class act for the best part of 14 years. If Rooney had been a penalty taker throughout his career he'd not be far behind Shearer's PL record now. And that doesn't touch on how many goals he's helped create for others.

Ron, I think he's talking Rooney on the international stage, not domestic.

It's funny, Rooney has been shite on the international stage other then 2004, yet he's our all time record goal scorer :lol:

Because Shearer scored in the games that mattered for England.

Both Rooney and Shearer had 1 fantastic tournament for England. Stop talking crap, man.

Just because it's not in line with your views, doesn't mean he's talking crap :lol:

Any word on when Rooney is due back? And how many games he'll then have to get into the swing of things?

Seems every recent tournament there's always chat about whether Rooney is fit enough because he's on his way recovering from injury.

Both Rooney and Shearer had 1 fantastic tournament for England. Stop talking crap, man.

Just because it's not in line with your views, doesn't mean he's talking crap :lol:

Mate, the last time you took issue with 'my views' I'd just told you we were playing shit under McClaren and our January transfer window business was inadequate. I'd have thought you'd have embraced the logic in sharing opinions with a modicum of factual basis by now, like.

Shearer has 9 in 12 at tournments, Rooney 6 in 14. Rooney got 4 of those against Switzerland & Croatia, you're trying to compare that to what Shearer did at Euro 96? You're the one talking crap, as per.

Mate, the last time you took issue with 'my views' I'd just told you we were playing shit under McClaren and our January transfer window business was inadequate. I'd have thought you'd have embraced the logic in sharing opinions with a modicum of factual basis by now, like.

I actually agree with you, its the fact you were being needlessly antagonist, when Astro merely stated his opinion.

Shearer has 9 in 12 at tournments, Rooney 6 in 14. Rooney got 4 of those against Switzerland & Croatia, you're trying to compare that to what Shearer did at Euro 96? You're the one talking crap, as per.

What are you trying to imply, that Shearer's was a better out-and-out goalscorer than Wayne Rooney - including when Shearer had penalties?

Well fucking done, he was. :lol:

Im agreeing with the point you mocked for no reason.

Shearer scored against Germany in two seperate tournaments, helped take apart the dutch & got us to a Semi final. He scored in every tournament he took part in even without penalties. Though he took important ones there too yeah.

Rooney started well with 4 against Croatia & Switzerland in 2 games, then has 2 in his last 10 in tournaments.

How is it crap to say Shearer scored in games that mattered?

They both have a single standout tournament as England players, it's that simple. Shearer was obviously the superior goalscorer but to say he was 10 times better than Rooney - at domestic or international level - is utter fucking nonsense and typical of the stuff that has our fans a national laughing stock.

Guest Phillipealbert

Shearer was at the peak of his powers then though. Far superior to what Rooney is now.

Spot on.  Shearer banged goals in consistently, against all sides despite three potentially career ending injuries.

Rooney is a flat track bully.  Happy to get a couple against w*** teams, and gets to (badly) take the penalties which inflate his stats, but he always goes missing against half decent sides.

Shearer was ten times the player Rooney is.

What a dreadful post. Rooney might be past his best now but he's been a class act for the best part of 14 years. If Rooney had been a penalty taker throughout his career he'd not be far behind Shearer's PL record now. And that doesn't touch on how many goals he's helped create for others.

Classic Ronaldo - attack the poster, not the post.  And you wonder why the forum awards for Biggest Bellend etc. were all won by you...

How on Earth has Butland managed to fracture his ankle like that?! That is a sickener for the guy. Very unfortunate.

:( Did mine like that and I still can't believe how easy it is. Gave it a proper glare and told it to stop being so stupid, but it just said :dontknow:. What can you do?