England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

We were shit, I probably was a bit vociferous and there's reasons for poor performance but that ain't a team that's going to get anywhere in a tourney. May improve a lot after a bit of post season rest I acknowledge

The expected disjointed performance for everyone to panic over, then.

Hart looks piss poor and that's quite a big concern. I'd also put my house on Alli being sent off at this tournament.

Hart is an average keeper, but he always gets his hoop licked by the media. Plus he has canny hair.

That save at the end was good, his distribution really lets him down though. Those balls to the full-backs aren't flat and/or accurate enough.

Hart tries to take too much responsibility. It's admirable in a sense but the best goalkeepers don't get noticed as much as the armchair pundit would think because they make it look straightforward. They're always two steps ahead of the flight of the ball and subsequently either collect it relatively comfortably or take two steps back and are in position to make a save if needed. Seaman in his prime is the man to watch for this. Buffon too - he's been the best keeper on the planet for a decade but he doesn't let his ego cloud his judgment.

We were shit, I probably was a bit vociferous and there's reasons for poor performance but that ain't a team that's going to get anywhere in a tourney. May improve a lot after a bit of post season rest I acknowledge

Swear all major nations including those that win tournaments have odd shite friendly performances at times. All that matters is what we do when it counts.

How many of the teams at the Euro's contain world class players? Besides, that's a not a sensible way of measuring the ability of a team, see City, Leicester.

England... major nation..... ok. Not a world class player in the team. Barely any of the players have top level CL experience. Over the last 3 tournaments, done no better than Greece.

What's your fucking point you creep?

England... major nation..... ok. Not a world class player in the team. Barely any of the players have top level CL experience. Over the last 3 tournaments, done no better than Greece.

Yay, you're back after the cup final. Let's celebrate.

pardew.gif

How many of the teams at the Euro's contain world class players? Besides, that's a not a sensible way of measuring the ability of a team, see City, Leicester.

Portugal. France. Wales. Spain. Germany. Poland. Switzerland. Belgium. Italy (surely a defender?). Croatia.

Fair point about being a team but we haven't shown that team ability in yonks either.

Portugal. France. Wales. Spain. Germany. Poland. Switzerland. Belgium. Italy (surely a defender?). Croatia.

Fair point about being a team but we haven't shown that team ability in yonks either.

:lol: Wales.

So you're saying Gareth Bale is "world class", yet no-one in the England team is near his level?

You're also using this point to make out they're somehow better than England.  They've named two strikers from fucking Walsall in their provisional squad, man.

I'd love to know who Switzerland's world class player is

What's your f***ing point you creep?

Watch your fucking mouth.

:lol:

I'd love to know who Switzerland's world class player is

I'm guessing he means Xhaka

Yay, you're back after the cup final. Let's celebrate.

pardew.gif

:lol: