Latest Fans Forum 'minutes' released

JJ7

Guest neesy111

"Alongside Sky Sports and the Daily Mirror, SMc also gave interviews to the club's media channels followed by local written media and BBC Newcastle. The club felt that this was the most appropriate way in which to announce SMc's appointment to fans and best control and re-enforce the positive messages the club wished to deliver to them."

While not exactly shocking, it's pretty remarkable that they're so open with it.

No different to any other business in the world controlling the message they give out. The press are free to write what they want the rest of the time, but there's no huge controversy in controlling what you can control. It's one of the first rules of marketing.

You think NUFC do their marketing/communication like any other football club then? Inviting "media partners" only to the unveiling of the new manager so that they can control the questions asked, you think that's "no different to any other" business/football club?

It's not different to any other BUSINESS....and yes, football clubs do control what questions are asked etc. We're just going one further and controlling who gets the information. I don't really have a problem with it personally.

You don't get it, football clubs are different to normal businesses.

• 3 months later...

Some of you may know from previous topics and threads that I am on the Newcastle fans forum. You can read back at my previous posts for my thoughts on it. I need to gather questions and forward them to the club for the next meeting by 2nd July. I had asked for questions on Twitter but didn't get any. As this is my favourite Newcastle forum, I thought I would ask on here for questions.

Obviously there are 12 people on the forum and time is limited, so I won't be able to ask everything (4 or 5 questions probably) but I'd like your suggestions for questions to ask the board. Please remember that I am on the forum to represent the Gallowgate end, so any questions with regards to facilities or whatever in other parts of the ground should be directed at those representatives, but for anything else send them to me.

My only request is that you send them to my email address as I don't want to trawl through this thread or Twitter for questions. At least if all questions are in my email I can put them in a folder and go through them easily. Please add your name and town and send them to brian.parkin@ gmail.com

Was the latest Fans Forum last night?

Any news?

Guest Roger Kint

Blandest one ever I reckon.

The meeting could have been done in 10 minites given they avoided answering every question :lol:

They seem to answer most questions by saying they answered it back in 2014 and so refer people back to the relevant minutes, emails etc.  it's like you only get the opportunity to answer a question once and are never allowed to repeat it.

Along with the letters it's another hey look we're communicating exercise. So fuck?

I don't think it is. I think it's a pain in the arse forced on them by uefa and they do it as quietly and as obstinately as they can.

They don't email out the minutes or publicise it in any way other than if you go to the website and seek it out.

They say as little as possible and with increasing frequency just say "Already answered, look at the minutes from last time".

The one question I would like to ask is "Since Mike Ashley took control of the club in 2007 it has lost around 10,000 (or 25%) of it's season ticket holders. Why do you think that is and what can you do to try to attract them back or even bring in new ones?"

No doubt they'd refuse to answer it.

Along with the letters it's another hey look we're communicating exercise. So fuck?

I don't think it is. I think it's a pain in the arse forced on them by uefa and they do it as quietly and as obstinately as they can.

They don't email out the minutes or publicise it in any way other than if you go to the website and seek it out.

They say as little as possible and with increasing frequency just say "Already answered, look at the minutes from last time".

They don't have to it though do they? How well they do it is neither here nor there.