Latest Fans Forum 'minutes' released

JJ7

McClaren comes out of this sounding almost as bad as Pardew. Basically nothing has or will change, and they discreetly put in the transfer excuses all the way through.

seriously? i think he comes across well.

Guest Roger Kint

No wonder the true faith lads were backpeddling on twitter earlier with their 'remember its minutes not a transcript' shite, after everything that was a complete non-event. Might as well have had the fucker before the end of the season if FF are so easily pleased.

LH: "Can the club give an update on season ticket renewals after what has been reported recently?"

The club stated that despite what has been reported, renewal rates are strong and are similar to this same stage last season. The club is pleased with the take-up by existing and new season ticket holders.

Aye, of course they are :lol:

Complete BS from start to finish.

McClaren comes across really well imo.

Agree. As he himself admits though, it means nothing without action.

i'd love to know who he got his opinions from to form the basis of these 1 to 1 chats with the players, "people have been saying this about you" etc.

Agree. As he himself admits though, it means nothing without action.

i'd love to know who he got his opinions from to form the basis of these 1 to 1 chats with the players, "people have been saying this about you" etc.

Probably on here and Twitter lol

Saying the right things. Nothing we haven't heard before and actions suggest little or nothing is changing.

Which fucking moron said Ashley's speech galvanised the fans, players and all that? What an idiot. Everyone tuned in and listened to every word attentively but it was met with complete scepticism even at the time and rightly so.

Yup, and that is all I cared for tbh.

Now let's see it translate on the field please.

I mean that's exactly what he said to be fair. Don't like this MA bullshit either but hoping signings and improvement on pitch will come sooner than later.

No new training ground for sometime then? Binned off because of potential relegation and now worried about affecting mid season? But the corporate boxes have been refurbished and we've got new speakers lol.

I saw literally nothing about the price of Ed Harrison's house in there. :huff:

If this were an ordinary organization, I'd be fairly confident that McClaren is approaching this in good faith and take him at his word that he wanted to get in, take a read on the current status of the place, and build accordingly, believing that he had the backing of the owner and a competent chairman. But this is a particularly extraordinary organization insomuch as its owner, chairman, and entire corporate hierarchy are pure fucking shit. That should be blatantly obvious to anybody who has taken even half a look at this club over the past eight years. So I really just can't credit anything McClaren says.

"Alongside Sky Sports and the Daily Mirror, SMc also gave interviews to the club's media channels followed by local written media and BBC Newcastle. The club felt that this was the most appropriate way in which to announce SMc's appointment to fans and best control and re-enforce the positive messages the club wished to deliver to them."

While not exactly shocking, it's pretty remarkable that they're so open with it.

BP: "The club has admitted to making mistakes. Can you clarify what these mistakes were and what measures have been put in place to ensure that they don't happen again."

The club stated it did not wish to dwell on the past and stated its objectives are clear. With Steve and his staff now in place, the focus is now very much looking to the future.

What a surprise.

BP: "The club has admitted to making mistakes. Can you clarify what these mistakes were and what measures have been put in place to ensure that they don't happen again."

The club stated it did not wish to dwell on the past and stated its objectives are clear. With Steve and his staff now in place, the focus is now very much looking to the future.

What a surprise.

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: