Latest Fans Forum 'minutes' released

JJ7

I saw literally nothing about the price of Ed Harrison's house in there. :huff:

If this were an ordinary organization, I'd be fairly confident that McClaren is approaching this in good faith and take him at his word that he wanted to get in, take a read on the current status of the place, and build accordingly, believing that he had the backing of the owner and a competent chairman. But this is a particularly extraordinary organization insomuch as its owner, chairman, and entire corporate hierarchy are pure fucking shit. That should be blatantly obvious to anybody who has taken even half a look at this club over the past eight years. So I really just can't credit anything McClaren says.

A million times this

McClaren comes out of this sounding almost as bad as Pardew. Basically nothing has or will change, and they discreetly put in the transfer excuses all the way through.

Don't be so fucking soft. How often did Pardew come out and be positive about anything, let alone taking the club forward and implementing a footballing philosophy and instilling discipline in the squad?

Guest Roger Kint

I'm guessing the thing about the huge increase in costs/massive profit missing from the last accounts wasn't mentioned?

Stop dwelling in the past Disco

They're probably not sure what the mistakes were tbh. "Securing Premier League status on the last day of the season is unacceptable, but why are we here? Not a f***ing clue. Let's just bring in some new coaches who hopefully do have a clue."

They've admitted mistakes, but won't admit what mistakes they were, as they don't like admitting to mistakes. Lol.

That's the worst part for me. Fans pay hundreds of pounds every season for this s*** and they feel they can get away with no accountability whatsoever. c***s the lot of them.

Wow, really impressed with that.

I mean, I don't think I've ever read so many words that amounts to literally nothing before, it's quite remarkable how well they've done there.

Total waste of time. Just a load of arse kissing happy clappers on the supporters panel who are scared to ask proper questions or demand proper answers. The whole thing should be abolished immediately because it's totally pointless.

I don't really understand what anyone could have possibly expected instead?

McLaren calling the whole previous management structure awful and that Pardew and Ashley are both c***s? Then revealing every single player we're trying to sign which will increase both other clubs potential interest and price?

And then to finish it off, bringing out Obertan and Williamson and giving them both a kick up the arse and saying they're absolute crap?

Would have been good yeah, but there's no way in hell they were ever going to do anything different to what they did. They won't apologise for anything ever. And even if they did, apologise how?

"Yes we are running the club into the ground, but we're glad there's still enough idiot Geordies to keep us afloat buying tickets and shitty merchandise, even when we've brandished Wonga's name over it".

All these claims about wanting to improve would be a whole lot more believable if they showed a willingness to identify and correct mistakes from the (recent) past like. The eagerness to gloss over serious issues that have plagued us for years and have resulted in us battling relegation more often than not tells me everything I need to know about what changes to expect. The very fact that they have appointed Steve fucking McClaren and are using him to peddle their s*** is another massive indicator. They have bought themselves some more time, but the s*** will no doubt hit the fan again, sooner or later.

McLaren calling the whole previous management structure awful and that Pardew and Ashley are both c***s? Then revealing every single player we're trying to sign which will increase both other clubs potential interest and price?

And then to finish it off, bringing out Obertan and Williamson and giving them both a kick up the arse and saying they're absolute crap?

Would have been good yeah, but there's no way in hell they were ever going to do anything different to what they did. They won't apologise for anything ever. And even if they did, apologise how?

"Yes we are running the club into the ground, but we're glad there's still enough idiot Geordies to keep us afloat buying tickets and shitty merchandise, even when we've brandished Wonga's name over it".

I submitted 4 questions. 3 via the site and 1 via an email to  Brian Parkin off here.

Only the one I mailed to Brian got asked, so that worries me from the start about how genuinely tranaparent the process of submitting questions is.

Brian tells me he was able to ask the question I submitted verbatim...

CJeGDHhVEAABjN6.png

However, when it's been reproduced in the minutes this is what's presented...

CJeGDFKUMAAl0Of.png

So the club are given evidence of how fans are feeling misled and betrayed... so they mislead again and just say "we don't".

Of the other 3 questions, I only expected lip service on 2 of them

1. Why can we not know the nature of the Puma deal, given Puma have no objection to announcing delas with Arsenal and that?

2. Why do we not see value of buying in January given the success of January purchases past?

Like many of the questions they get, these are designed to make a point rather than push for change.  My other question was about ticket policy though.  The fact we're one of only 2 clubs without a transparent set of categories from the start of the season.  That we have season tickets costing more than singles and should there not be an exhaustive review and published policies to ensure ST holders get a deal in line with daytrippers.

Nowt.

Disappointing that they won't really engage on any issue outside that which they're looking to shape themselves.

I like the idea of the controlled information, it makes sense on many levels. However, like pretty much everything our club do its done in the most unprofessional and shortsighted way. We make the simplest of tasks a PR cock up.

Perhaps not opening with MIKE HAS SEEN THE LIGHT, WHAT A FANTASTIC SITUATION? When we've clearly not changed anything we do in the slightest.

Fucking fight back man. Stop accepting this shit ffs.

I like the idea of the controlled information, it makes sense on many levels. However, like pretty much everything our club do its done in the most unprofessional and shortsighted way. We make the simplest of tasks a PR cock up.

Aye.

If you want to shape a narrative you give all your staff talking points and ensure Charnley, McClaren, Marshall (Lee), Marshall (Anthony), Moncur and all the players are clear on those talking points before interviews.  Get everyone on the same page and make sure they hit certain notes and repeat stock phrases that define club ambitions whenever they speak on the record.

You don't make a deal with one paper and tell them what to print.  Ban the rest of the press and refuse to answer questions from fans then crow about communication.

:laugh: