Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

At 15M still a great deal when you think Depay was nearer £30M!!

Isn't he rated to be the better than Depay as well?

Not even close

So how good is he?

Well, to my mind Memphis Depay, who is 4 years younger, is already a better player and has the potential to become Van Persie/Robben level. Wijnaldum on the other hand is what I would classify as a fairly solid squad player at international level for Holland. For me, he probably wouldn't have been a starter in Brazil, and I think he was often the weak link when he played. Probably a similar level to Cabaye and Sissoko for me.

:thup:

Is he more of a box to box player rather than an attacking mid? That's the impression I got from his YouTube videos.

Not even close

So how good is he?

Well, to my mind Memphis Depay, who is 4 years younger, is already a better player and has the potential to become Van Persie/Robben level. Wijnaldum on the other hand is what I would classify as a fairly solid squad player at international level for Holland. For me, he probably wouldn't have been a starter in Brazil, and I think he was often the weak link when he played. Probably a similar level to Cabaye and Sissoko for me.

Is he more of a box to box player rather than an attacking mid? That's the impression I got from his YouTube videos.

Looks like it to me too. But I know he has also played out wide, and is apparently a decent dribbler with pace.

Not even close

So how good is he?

Sissoko with more technical ability/a brain?

Patrolling the centre of the park, Wijnaldum shows his awesome awareness and anticipation. The 24-year-old is vital for PSV when facing teams who play through the middle of the park. He expertly tracks the runs of any opponent he sees as a potential passing option and helps cut out attacks for his side and often immediately kick start those of his own side.

Sounds more like a replacement for Tiote than Sissoko. In fact he sounds like he would pair very well with Sissoko.

Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle. It has to be it!

ok lets take those lyrics but make them a little more 2015 sing it with me

oh i think that ive found myself georginio wijnaldum

he is always right there when i need him

he walks like a model

he grants my wishes like a genie in a bottle yeah yeah

cause I'm the wizard of love

and I got the magic wijnaldum

Reading that article, he seemed far more a good CM that could partner with Tiote, Anita, Colback, Abeid, and Sissoko. Which is excellent to see.  Imagine him and Moussa bombing up the pitch man.

Not even close

So how good is he?

He started out as an attacking midfield player often played out wide in Feyenoord's and PSV's 433 systems. In the last few years at PSV and in the national team he has been moved backward to play as a central midfield player. As such his style could be classified as box-to-box I suppose, although I do think he is more capable going forward than protecting the defense.

Not even close

So how good is he?

Yes, if you want, and a little bit less strength and pace on the break.

Reading that article, he seemed far more a good CM that could partner with Tiote, Anita, Colback, Abeid, and Sissoko. Which is excellent to see.  Imagine him and Moussa bombing up the pitch man.

Or if Sissoko is sold, maybe him and De Jong would dovetail nicely. Assuming De Jong sees much pitch time of course.

Patrolling the centre of the park, Wijnaldum shows his awesome awareness and anticipation. The 24-year-old is vital for PSV when facing teams who play through the middle of the park. He expertly tracks the runs of any opponent he sees as a potential passing option and helps cut out attacks for his side and often immediately kick start those of his own side.

Sounds more like a replacement for Tiote than Sissoko. In fact he sounds like he would pair very well with Sissoko.

I don't think he's strong enough as a DM in the PL.

How about 4-1-4-1

Tiote behind Cabella - Wijnaldum - Sissoko - Aarons. Cisse/Mitrovic/Ayoze up top.  Not sure where it leaves de Jong, though I havent really seen a place for him in the side since he arrived

No doubt Colback will be in the team too

I don't think you need a DM man, I really don't With a proper coached and drilled side you should be able to play central midfielders who are coached correctly to pick and chose their attacks / sit.

I don't think you need a DM man, I really don't With a proper coached and drilled side you should be able to play central midfielders who are coached correctly to pick and chose their attacks / sit.

You do with the state of our (current) CB's

Not even close

So how good is he?

Yes, if you want, and a little bit less strength and pace on the break.

From what I've seen Wijnaldum seems better off the ball than Sissoko, more intelligent runs.

Anyway, I'm glad we seem to be getting him. He is definitely of the required quality. Now for a striker, a winger, a full back and at least one centre back of the same calibre, or we will have a strong midfield but will still have trouble putting the ball in the net and keeping it out of ours.