Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

no, no more this s**t, I would rather not have him at all at the club than to watch how Perez is playing before him in 2 striker formation... absolutely humiliating for Mitrovic and for everyone who watched Perez this 11 games

At least you won't have to continue pretending to be an NUFC fan. :thup:

At least that's a good thing

Guest firetotheworks

Even I'd have brought him on today tbh. More out of pure desperation and the pointlessness of Perez than anything else though.

I was watching him in the dugout when he had been warming up for ten minutes and then Murphy stood up to come on. He looked proper pissed off, and collapsed petulantly in his chair.

I understand his frustration, as the game was crying out for him, and especially because Murphy was absolute dogshit.

I was watching him in the dugout when he had been warming up for ten minutes and then Murphy stood up to come on. He looked proper p*ssed off, and collapsed petulantly in his chair.

I understand his frustration, as the game was crying out for him, and especially because Murphy was absolute dogshit.

He should be really pissed off tbf.

It sounds weird but bringing him on would have lifted the crowd more than anything - the crowd respond well to Mitro and it needed something like him coming on around 80 minutes because the groans were audible and consistent.

Don’t give a shit if he ‘might get sent off’ (even though his disciplinary record is no worse than Shelvey’s, for example) - this bloke needs to be playing.

Our best striker (both in stats and on paper) by far. Madness that he's not playing.

Should he stay our main striker? That's another discussion. I'd not be opposed to bringing in a quality striker to replace him as he clearly has some disciplinary issues. But as it stands he should play, easily.

Mitro - 2 goals in 120 minutes (League & Cup)

Joselu - 2 goals in 720 minutes

Gayle - 0 goals in 301 minutes

And counting...

Edit - just looked and he has 3 red cards in his entire career ffs :lol: A ‘walking red card’ according to some. Not seen red since May 2016.

4 in his time with us (I'm counting the suspension this season obviously). Which is a red card every 15 matches or so.

Genuinely think Rafa picks the ST/10 on ability to be effective in the defensive phase- as big of a fan as I am of Mitro (and I think he should definitely have been brought on, not Perez. At least Mitro would have had the nous to win clever FK's to relieve the pressure), Joselu and Gayle both beat him in terms of mobility and probably willingness to press. I'm pretty convinced this is the main reason he's out.

Vs. West Ham he came on when we were 2-0 up and safe. Otherwise he came on vs. Palace because Joselu was knackered and we had no choice but to try and match Palace's physicality (plus, defending set-pieces was big in that match). I think the West Ham match is the example of where he fits into the team- if we're hanging on (which we have been in every game bar that one) then I don't think there's a place for him. If we're protecting a lead or playing for a point (ie Liverpool) then Gayle may come on with 10 to go to chase clearances in the hope that he might get onto one in behind. Perez is convenient for us (from Rafa's POV) because we can just drop another body comfortably into midfield if necessary.

For me, no one can argue Joselu is a better Striker in an attacking sense than Wor Mitro, but this team is built around a defensive mindset focusing on keeping us solid (we're 11th with this squad so far, so it's worked thus far). We're wasting our time if we play the 'he'll score more goals' card. It's whether he'll press, drop back in, slide across, screen etc.

Mitro - 2 goals in 120 minutes (League & Cup)

Joselu - 2 goals in 720 minutes

Gayle - 0 goals in 301 minutes

And counting...

Edit - just looked and he has 3 red cards in his entire career ffs :lol: A ‘walking red card’ according to some. Not seen red since May 2016.

4 in his time with us (I'm counting the suspension this season obviously). Which is a red card every 15 matches or so.

3 if you're counting the suspension. Two reds in the first season, and 0 in the second season.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't rate him, but he can't be any worse than Joselu who for me is up there as one of the worst CFs I've seen for us.